DIE LIEDER

=========================

Send your votes to
whiteshoes
DDL 14th of April 23:59 CET

=========================

WHAT'S ON MY BANNER

ShoeFlo

Allow me to shortly comment on the show.

I was surprised to see how many people associated my winner song with Kill Bill and that gave me the idea to have a Movie/TV series theme for this edition. So we chose film banners from movies and series from all countries. Regarding regions we tried to take movies that were explicitly shot there but we've made exceptions now and then (such as in the Bremen banner)
I think an concept like this was implemented once before but this is already a long while ago. Anna was highly enthusiastic when I told her since she loves movies as much as I do, so it was a good match from the first moment on.
Around half of movie screenshots were picked by me, the other half by Anna... well, maybe Anne picked a few more. For some countries (Romania f. e.) it was really challenging to find good banners but at the same time interesting to get to know about the film industry through the researches. Then there were countries like Italy for which I had so many ideas and movies in my mind I created an own sub-folder and let Anna decide which one to choose.
the banners were created were solely by Anna, I wasn't involved there, so she deserved all the credit xheat

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Thank you so much everyone! xlove It's been a really fun theme to work with, and to come up with movies/series from each country/region. I started at the top alphabetically (from all confirmed participants) to look for titles and pictures, and Florian started at the bottom alphabetically and then we met halfway through. With the exception of Florian looking for German titles (and Italian) and me looking for all the Swedish ones.

Now on to Semi 2! xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This is a brilliant idea for a theme and the banners are unmistakably Anna's. They're so beautifully done xheart

I've only seen a couple of these movies. I love Mulholland Drive as I'm a big David Lynch fan. I think that movie has perhaps the most effective jump scare ever (Flo will know what I'm talking about). The atmosphere is horrid during that scene. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Also I've watched Pan's Labyrinth which I thought was very good.

I'll have the easiest 12 ever in this semi (and hopefully in the final too) xheat Someone sent a truly iconic entry. I'm still in shock.

esc87fan

Amazing banners, Anna! I remember you did the same style for WV 20 when you hosted, but with Swedish films

Nicholas123

Amazing show! xheart

Oh, i got The Weeping Meadow! o Lovely choice. Anna, i guess you must have a strong memory, since it was the movie i picked a song from to take part in wv ost spin off, in early 2015 and you also participated in it. More than 7 years ago. :eek:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Amazing show! xheart

Oh, i got The Weeping Meadow! o Lovely choice. Anna, i guess you must have a strong memory, since it was the movie i picked a song from to take part in wv ost spin off, in early 2015 and you also participated in it. More than 7 years ago. :eek:
Thank you so much! xlove You are spot on, I did remember that you had a song from it! :D xheat I didn't remember the name of the film (or the name of the song you sent), but I did remember the visuals from the video, so I just kept searching for Greek film pictures until I found what I was looking for! :lol:

Nicholas123

Thank you so much! xlove You are spot on, I did remember that you had a song from it! :D xheat I didn't remember the name of the film (or the name of the song you sent), but I did remember the visuals from the video, so I just kept searching for Greek film pictures until I found what I was looking for! :lol:

Αw, it's so touching to see that you put urself into so much trouble to find this specific film that would make a reference to my past wv entries, whereas you could just pick any other classic Greek film. Perfectionist, much? :mrgreen:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Αw, it's so touching to see that you put urself into so much trouble to find this specific film that would make a reference to my past wv entries, whereas you could just pick any other classic Greek film. Perfectionist, much? :mrgreen:
'Tis my middle name! :lol: It's not always easy deciding on a film or series from another country when you have no idea how beloved or representative that specific title is, so I either went with my own personal favorites that I've already seen and love, titles that just had great visuals, or in some cases (like yours) titles that I knew a person from that country would appreciate! :D

Amir

Veteran
:es: has voted
Wonderful, stunning show...but this semi was crap.
And whenever I think that I flop myself, bless

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well idk what Amir listened to but I looooved this semi, my top 10, especially the top is super strong. What topped it off was Annas absolutely sensational banners on display here, I know how long it takes you and the effort that goes in. The pay off is clear to see here, they're stunning and it's such a clear Anna aesthetic.

hijirio

Veteran
:tr: voted

super weak semi, I wish I could blank everything
jk, i really like 3 songs here but everything else is mediocre at best xqueenbitch maybe i'm too spoiled by the great quality of the past 2 editions which blew me away

good luck everyone xkiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom