Contact us

WV ÖREGRUND 116 | SCHEDULE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
wv116header.jpg

Welcome to Öregrund, the little idyllic archipelago town in the heart of Roslagen in the Uppland province.

CONFIRMATION
November 11 - November 16

SEMI FINAL I
November 17 - November 22
Results: November 23

SEMI FINAL II
November 18 - November 23
Results: November 24

GRAND FINAL
November 25 - December 1
Results: December 4

SEMI DRAW

FINAL DRAW

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Excited to be going to Öregrund. After four years here I finally get to experience you hosting for us Annaxheat I’m so pumped. Good luck with everythingxcrossed

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Excited to be going to Öregrund. After four years here I finally get to experience you hosting for us Annaxheat I’m so pumped. Good luck with everythingxcrossed
Thank you so much! xlove xheat The last time I hosted there were no pots in WV yet. Nor were there automatic confirmation threads posted by the mod team, it was up to the host to confirm entries (though you could ask the mods for help with that). Times have certainly changed these past 6 years since WV 20. :lol:

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Good luck with hosting Anna! xcheer Öregrund looks absolutely lovely and I'm sure this will be a wonderful edition. I'm excited :mrgreen:

esc87fan

I'm looking forward to your first hosting since WV20, Anna (I finished last back then with one of Adel's suggestions, LOL). I know you'll do a fantastic job

theditz83

Veteran
I remember your previous hostings, and still praying for the day Svealand sends another banger like "Where Were You Last Night" by Ankie Bagger xlove

Best of luck with the hosting xheart

Ausesken

It would be great to read about how WV has changed from the start and know the dramas and anecdotes that people remember :lol: I loved the 'Empty' one XDD

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I remember your previous hostings, and still praying for the day Svealand sends another banger like "Where Were You Last Night" by Ankie Bagger xlove

Best of luck with the hosting xheart
The last time I did, I failed. :( But who knows, maybe in the future! :D

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
I get the feeling we may need to wrap up warm for this edition!! It looks like a lovely spot indeed Anna - cannot wait to see what you have in store for us xlove

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Good luck Anna! :D It's going to be a great edition. Your aesthetic is already coming through in that schedule banner. :mrgreen:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It would be great to read about how WV has changed from the start and know the dramas and anecdotes that people remember :lol: I loved the 'Empty' one XDD

I remember hearing about a newsletter, magazine or something that was made for WV ages ago before my time, and well it ended very quickly when someone wrote a shady article. :lol: Annas edition going to have us all reminiscing iconic drama moments. xheart

edit: i've found the magazine article in question. xheart

cegs5

Great to see you hosting again Anna, after so long!

My body is ready for the (sometimes underrated) beauty of November in the Nordics!

Amir

Veteran
Can't wait for your banners, good luck with hosting xlove

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Good luck with the hosting, Anna! xcheer Damn, this thread made me feel very nostalgic now :lol:

Sigh, down the rabbit hole we go...Gather round children and let me tell you the tale of the first four editions:

Our baby's first drama was the disqualification of Iceland back in WV1. As far as I remember, it was something related to not posting the results of his NF or something. It was posted after two weeks or so after the edition

Next one is North Korea getting disqualified in WV2, as the entry was deemed ineligible because it contained hate speech towards the US. Celtic Woman won this edition and there is a surprising lack of drama after the results, for early WV standards.

WV3 was the first edition hosted by Roman. And he won once again, with Celtic Woman :lol: And looks like Iceland qualified while the juror did not vote. Roman also didn't want to host, i think it was because he moved to Albania, and this is the point that started the whole "who should host now" #drama

And we finally reach WV4, hosted by none other than Anna! :D Looks like there was a mini-drama about the fact that some NSCers preferred the NSC system (duh) where the participants are sending their entries directly to the host. The Worldvision account wasn't a thing yet. No post-results drama!

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Okay, you asked for it. Here's chapter 2:
source.gif

WV STOCKHOLM 05
Hosted by Daniels or should I say....hostiels. Call the policiels because the Shakira law dominated the results and not much else can be said about this edition.

WV BOGOTÁ 06
Hosted by Trece. By this time, almost half of the editions had been hosted by the mods, hence the shade posted by some that the contest should be renamed to 'Modvision'. The REJU voters number was huge and in SF1 there were even more voters than the regular ones at some point.

WV BUENOS AIRES 07
Hosted by Jim after he won with Cambio Dolor. CC92's traditional post with the results if all jury voted counted equally sparks discussion between him, Anna and Trece. Nothing changes. Luis manages to win for the first time!

WV LISBON 08
Hosted by EurovisionSmile. First edition to have Live Listenings! But not on plug, no. That did not exist just yet. We hosted them on the good ol' Livestream which was such a bitch to use. Finland wins but they won't host.

WV MADRID 09
Back to a Trece hosting after the Finnish juror (Sasha) refused to host. Some people are a bit confused why it's Madrid and not Helsinki. Complaints about wanting new people as hosts start to appear. Spain wins the edition and people start bitching even more haha. Modvision gets a new spin, Trecevision! Oh and Gary leaves the contest ;_; But he's back now in the future yay!

WV WARSAW 10
Because of the drama, Trece refuses to host so Alex1211ander and Staewi take over. This is our first edition with a co-host. Nothing too dramatic happens during this edition. Chontono & Iceland win for the first time and the winning song becomes quite a WV classic.

for the rest buy my autobiography x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom