Contact us

WLSC 268 ⏪ FLASHBACK ⏪ Winner revealed!!

theditz83

Veteran
WLSC268-Promo.png

WELCOME BACK TO
::moi MOISANTIA ::moi
FOR WLSC #268
"FLASHBACK"

Relive those fond memories from the past, with misty eyes and full hearts!
Let's share those special memories together...

Post your entry in this topic below
or
PM me directly with your entry

IMPORTANT:
Make sure you include that one special time period, event or memory from your life that you feel comfortable sharing in your "Polaroid postcard" also!
You can also PM me with a personal quote about why this event or memory was so important and memorable for you if you wish, but this isn't essential.
See my entry below for an idea if you're struggling... but note your actual entry doesn't have to link to your memory or the event, that's just a nice sentimental aesthetic I can base the show on ;)

DDL for entries: WEDNESDAY 7th FEBRUARY, 23:59CET

Confirmed flashers: 14 👀
Moisantia
Bála Kunmenai
Öösingimäed
Utopolis
Fierraria
Grand Duchy of Strenci
Marcobia
Waiting Iist
Balearica Island
Tamausia & Deltannor
Meridia
Lo'Paia
SHB
NBS​

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
WELCOME TO OUR WLSC SCRAPBOOK OF MEMORIES...
*note, some Moisantian artist license has been used when sourcing images representing the participants memories - details fade with time, so hoping they are close enough xrose

TIME TO SELECT YOUR FAVOURITE MEMORIES:
  • Rank your favourite 10 memories, giving ESC-style points :12: :10: and :8: to :1:
  • When your ranking is finalised, send your Top 10 in a PM to theditz83

Ferret memories...

Voted (13/14):
Moisantia
Lo'Paia
SHB
Marcobia
Balearica Island
Waiting Iist
Grand Duchy of Strenci
Fierraria
Öösingimäed
Meridia
Bála Kunmenai
Utopolis
New Bander State

Last edited:

iowacorn

::oos::oos::oos::oos::oos::oos::oos::oos
ngc-292-expanded.png

::oos::oos::oos::oos::oos::oos::oos::oos
CCLXVIII
Sam Sparro - Happiness (The Magician Remix)

St. Patrick's Day 2012 - It's an uncharacteristically warm day in Toronto. I had been day drinking with friends in the university quad, Pabst Blue Ribbon to be exact. Kept a steady pace all day... fast forward to 10:30PM and my friend and I realize we have had enough and it's time to go home. I walk home from the pub, taking my jeans off halfway home. We get home, order a pizza from Fresca, and put on the latest episode of Annie Mac on BBC Radio 1's website. Ravenously eating pizza in a dark university dorm room, this is what's playing. I am in heaven.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
My life has seen an absolute asymptote at one point, where suicide was closer than one cares to talk about. A deeply depressed mind wandering along the edge of reason, trying to accidentally fall down the black hole beyond. Shortly after, my then wife left me and while at that moment in time that looked like the event to tip me in the absolute opposite happened. The betrayal and subsequent hatred became the fuel to sustain me for just long enough to make it through to the other side. My postcard?

Hub_Arnhem-HappyHorizon-1024x683.jpeg

A short month later a sun sets over Arnhem. This is one day at the end of October 2010. I was stood at the train station looking at this same bridge framed by a similar sunset. Faced with the sublime a warm feeling shot through me. For the best part of two years prior I would experience myself feeling that same feeling. Not anymore. I experienced that feeling. Same words? Read again. A difference of life and death. I am still here.

Last edited:

Fierro

There are a lot of time periods I have special memories from and it was difficult to choose certain one, but...

Now I want to dedicate my memories to year 2013. One of the peak years in my life - year of carelessness and peace (a huge contrast to the following years). I was a freshman with great academic performance, had a lot of desires - a lot of which weren't fulfilled though until later years. Rather then sharing a one special moment with you, I want to share a song that is perfectly depicting my general mood and vibe of 11 years ago.

This is 10/10 song for me, I want it to never end. Eternal siesta.

::fie FIERRARIA 268 ::fie
Satin Jackets - For Days (feat. KLP)

Scania

Grand Duchy of Strenci
Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind

It feels like song always was playing in the stereo of my dad's car when he was driving me to football practice or matches during my childhood. I heard it playing in the background some days ago and I could not stop myself from smiling. I haven't thought that much about the lyrics really, haha. But the melody is so catchy. It just sticks!​

Marcos C

From the late 2000s to the early 2010s, I frequently visited small music venues in my hometown of New York City to watch musicians perform their songs. It was always a pleasure to watch them perform and to chat with them afterward. One night, while I was waiting for a show to begin, I heard the following song played by the DJ in one of the venues. This song was so catchy that it stayed in my head for the rest of the night and beyond. This song serves as my theme song of that era.

HWGYDiB.png

MARCOBIA

The Ting Tings - Great DJ

strajker

Will edit this post later, just writing now so I dont forget.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
::bal BALEARICA ISLAND - WLSC 268 :es: :de: :nl: :en:

DJ Sammy & Yanou feat. Do - Heaven (Chaos Remix)

My entry is also chosen because of the theme of the edition, and this is the story behind it:
As you might know, I go to a lot of concerts, and I usually have to travel pretty far to attend these concerts as well. If it's not in Trondheim, then I usually have to drive a minimum of 4 hours each way to get to the concert, usually more. And I usually travel alone, because most people aren't that into long car trips, but I like driving, and I'm used to it. My mom on the other hand hasn't attended a lot of concerts, I think you can count on one hand how many concerts she's been to in her life. :eek: In 2011, the city of Gjøvik celebrated their 150th anniversary, and Canadian superstar Bryan Adams was performing. My mom has always been a big fan of Bryan Adams. So I took her to Gjøvik, and we saw him play, a day or two before my nephew's baptism. There was a lot of rain those days, and there was a point where we were unsure if we would make it back home in time for the baptism. I did my research tho, and found roads that weren't affected by the ongoing floods, and it all turned out to be a memory for life, for both my mom and me. xheart

So my entry is based on Somborian Republic's NSC 40 entry "Heaven" by Do, which is a Bryan Adams cover. I'll post more about my struggle to find this entry in the ::bal thread in my next update, but as you can see, I went for a UK hardcore remix by Chaos of DJ Sammy & Yanou's well known cover. :)

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
≋≋ ::tad Tamausia & Deltannor ::tad ≋≋
Petite Meller - Baby Love

This song takes me back to my first ever festival, Bestival, on the Isle of Wight in the summer of 2016 - a weekend of good vibes with great friends and a hell of a lot of alcohol :lol: Petite Meller performed at the festival and I dragged my friends along to watch her even though they'd never heard of her, and it ended up being one of the highlights of the whole weekend. This song always just reminds me of us dancing like nobody was watching in that tent all those years ago :mrgreen:

theditz83

Veteran
A little note from your host...

Can I just thank everyone for their entries so far, and for truly jumping on board with this theme sharing all these special memories. I didn't really envisage this idea as a means to more strongly solidify this community through the sharing of little insights into everyone's lives, but it seems to be blossoming every day into something bigger than even I could have wanted.

So yeah, thanks so far... And don't be shy all. I don't want to force anyone to go deep or feel pressurised to share anything you're not comfortable sharing. I just want to celebrate this fab little group that we all share and play my tiny part in enriching it xhug

theditz83

Veteran
So sorry, I'm going to have to extend the deadline again.

Long story short, I'm deep in a house hunt after our landlord served us notice a couple of weekends back, and it's not going great so I have very little time or energy to focus on much else at this exact moment until I can work out our next steps, which is sadly taking much longer than it should.

I'll extend the deadline until Wednesday for now as I just don't see me being able to do anything before then. Hope you understand.

Also, please join us everyone! xpray

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member
Thanks for extending, I'm dealing with a burst pipe in the kitchen rn and I was worried I would miss the deadline :3 I still have to think about the memory to share xthink

The damn landlord xexcuseme hope you find a lovely house/apartment xheart

theditz83

Veteran
One last reminder all - just under 24 hours to confirm. Hoping to post the show before I head to bed on Wednesday night, so confirm asap if you can do I can get all the banners prepped with your memories xlove

Final tag call-out:
@Leydan @Grinch @Milos-BC @Veronika @ferret @Gera11 @Barish @Zeus + all others welcome!
& @strajker just a reminder to PM me or update with your memory if you can xheart

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member
MERIDIA
Alela Diane - Ether & Wood

Back in 2020, when I was still blissfully unemployed in university and the pandemic was raging on, I escaped the confines of my apartment in Bucharest and went to spend most of that summer with my grandmother at her village. Due to the village having an extremely small population and her house being at the edges of it, I was practically living in my own introvert bubble. I am still nostalgic for those times, the escapism of that summer (and early autumn too), far away from everything, the open grass fields. Here's some pictures of those landscapes:

jyPUocZ.jpeg
hmpUhpT.jpeg

Sadly, the moment passed and, like Alela's song goes, all the ashes of those days are ether and wood. My grandmother passed away in 2022, two of her dogs passed away too since then and her house has become mine and my parents', kind of like my second home, far way from the loudness of the city. I don't have that much free time to visit it anymore due to work, but I'm visiting from time to time in the weekend. Didn't mean to write a novel-

theditz83

Veteran
As we no have the minimum 11 competitors to allow for the usual ESC voting format, I'll definitely be sticking to the deadline of 23:59CET this evening, so for any last entries, you have just over 2 hours from now... ;)

Top Bottom