Contact us

Who will be a Surprise or a Letdown?

crashworld

Veteran
Now that we have the final 39 entries in the studio version and the reception of each song is currently doing.
But we all know that stagings and performance skills of the artist will make or break the chances of doing well in the contest.

So who do you think will surprise you (in a good way) or be a letdown when the 'live' shows start? And why so?
Let's discuss.

lasse braun

xqueenbitch

mauve

Veteran
Letdown:
Australia: I really like this song a lot, but I fear that her vocal skills will disappoint us in May
Ireland: Maps is also quite high in my list, but I have the feeling that the performance won't stand out
Switzerland: Will be quite surely a boring performance

Surprise:
Germany: Even though many people don't like the song (and many like it), I think that his performance will stand out - I am very curious!
Czech Republic: Omaga is only in the middle of my list for me, but something tells me that he will have an interesting performance
Austria: Maybe not the performance itself will stand out, but surely his vocal abilities

crashworld

Veteran
Personally, here is what I think, purely based on speculations and what I have seen from the artists so far:

Surprise

1. Israel :il:: Eden is of course going to give her all and perform the heck out of the song. She has shown how much of a stage presence she can give. I am sure despite having a not so well-received song, she should be able to elevate the song even further with her charms and charisma. Israel usually doesn't do that badly with staging, so I am pretty confident they will get the staging right to complement the song and Eden.

2. United Kingdom :uk:: I just have this gut feeling that James is able to pull off the song. I understand there are comments that he looks awkward with his moves in the music video. But I am sure he will be able to get more comfortable with more practices. Staging wise, based on the leaked plan for his last year's song, I am certain they will be able to come out with a good staging.

3. Germany :de:: Although I really dislike the song, but I can see Jendrik putting his charms to work and elevate the song further. I can definitely see him snatching televotes from the other quirky acts like The Roop and Dadi.

4. Czech Republic :cz:: There is something about Benny that makes me think that he is able to bring the fun energy on stage with the song. If the staging is does right, I can see it doing really well. Who knows he maybe able to do a Lake Malawi.

Letdown

1. Cyprus :cy:: I just feel that Elena is going to be a major flop on stage and struggle vocally even though I don't really know how she sounds like 'live'. I can see her doing more of a Tamta rather than Eleni.

2. Switzerland :ch:: While I know Gjon's Tears has an amazing voice, but he needs to work on his facial expressions especially when he is trying to hit the high notes. Plus, with SJB behind his staging, I am just afraid that he may not be able to have the right staging to complement his song.

3. Moldova :md:: While she has the "dream" team behind her, so staging wise she would be alright. But I feel she is going to sound like a trainwreck 'live especially if she has to keep up with a routine.

4. Finland :fi:: While they can pull off a high energy performance, but vocally the lead singers are really shaky and inconsistent. I won't be surprised if they may sound way off because they are so into sustaining the high energy throughout the performance.

Last edited:

Kaz

Surprises: :sl: :al: :cz: :bg: :md:

Letdowns: :au: :is: :az: :rs: :ro:

Realest

I think Cyprus will disappoint everyone here like 2019, but still get a solid Result.
Moldova will obviously surprise and do better than expected, knowing who is behind the Entry.

midnightsun

Veteran
Agreed. I even think of the queenpop bubble (Cyprus, Serbia, San Marino, Moldova, Croatia, Azerbaijan) Moldova will be the best result-wise. Unless you count Malta in.

Top Bottom