13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy

Veteran
Is there a reason why Mae is the only one not included in the roundup-video of the rehearsals?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I don't get why they didn't just take the clip from another run? or even the 1st rehearsals. If not much of anything has changed then surely it wouldn't matter. Mae even posted on TikTok a little clip of them all watching one of the runs back it seems there was no issues on that clip. It feels kinda meh we're not seeing anything of it at all and everyone else has had 30 second clips. It's a shame it had to be a vocal tech fault also, because she's had so much scrutiny of her vocals since Barcelona and tbh even before.

empo21

Veteran
It's funny how BBC's been so good with hosting, but every aspect regarding their entry (reveal, release, concerts, rehearsal) has been so clumsy.

Let's talk about drama which can be interpreted into unfairness such us the loss of popularity of Tattoo after the official rehearsal snippet and the almost mandatory justifications of Victor Vernicos to the Greek Media that he had audio issues and he couldn't synchro with the melody as he sang with delay. SVT and ERT, Swedish and Greek Broadcasters accordingly complied with the instructions of Eurovision/EBU media and let the videos of not good rehearsals to be released. I can see only unfairness if other countries don't comply with it and BBC as host broadcaster cannot be an exclusion.

Chrisiam

This isn't the first time it has happened. It happened in 2019 too, not sure if it has happened again more recently than that. I don't remember it happening last year.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Let's talk about drama which can be interpreted into unfairness such us the loss of popularity of Tattoo after the official rehearsal snippet and the almost mandatory justifications of Victor Vernicos to the Greek Media that he had audio issues and he couldn't synchro with the melody as he sang with delay. SVT and ERT, Swedish and Greek Broadcasters accordingly complied with the instructions of Eurovision/EBU media and let the videos of not good rehearsals to be released. I can see only unfairness if other countries don't comply with it and BBC as host broadcaster cannot be an exclusion.

What exactly was wrong with Swedens though?? Greece is just a mess from start to finish, after rigging their internal selection ERT is getting its karma, sadly at Victors expense. With Sweden it's just their LEDs were smaller and the clip didn't feel quite as impactful. Other than that and some slightly poor vocals I don't get what was so wrong that it should have been pulled. Given the level of influence SVT seems to have at the EBU I doubt they wouldn't have been able to get their 30 second clip removed if it was just apparently so poor and below their expectations. It's not the first time clips have been removed also. I recall in 2019 Norway had their clip taken down a new one with a different section uploaded instead. I don't see how it's even unfair given some of the hate Mae has gotten online over it because the big5/host clips got delayed by hours because of it. I don't think the EBU would have allowed it if it wasn't for seriously genuine technical difficulties which the clip clearly had.

What exactly was wrong with Swedens though?? Greece is just a mess from start to finish, after rigging their internal selection ERT is getting its karma, sadly at Victors expense. With Sweden it's just their LEDs were smaller and the clip didn't feel quite as impactful. Other than that and some slightly poor vocals I don't get what was so wrong that it should have been pulled. Given the level of influence SVT seems to have at the EBU I doubt they wouldn't have been able to get their 30 second clip removed if it was just apparently so poor and below their expectations. It's not the first time clips have been removed also. I recall in 2019 Norway had their clip taken down a new one with a different section uploaded instead. I don't see how it's even unfair given some of the hate Mae has gotten online over it because the big5/host clips got delayed by hours because of it. I don't think the EBU would have allowed it if it wasn't for seriously genuine technical difficulties which the clip clearly had.

These are too many poor excuses really

Semi 1 rehersals were also published with technical difficulties in sound mix. You can clearly hear backing track with pre-recorded vocals going faster than live vocals in Sweden's, Czechia's and Norway's rehersal. In Croatian rehersal where there are no pre-recorded vocals but live back-up vocal, the latter is too loud in sound-mix.

Same problems reapper with Semi 2 rehersals, but in case of Greece it's obvious that he got lost when he realized that again backing track goes faster in the mix and he can't catch up with it. I saw on twitter 1:30 minutes long video of his rehersal and he started very well, on point, and then he got lost in poor sound-mix.

Mae obviously had had the same problem as Let 3 with back-up vocal too loud in the mix.

Croatian delegation stayed sus about it, UK asked not to be released.

So there's a difference in treatment between competitors and no slandering of 16 yrs old Victor Vernicos can change that, really.

UK is a host this year, BBC put Mae last in Grand Final running order.

Now please leave us alone with this "Mae got so much hate" sad story and fix the sound-mix.

We almost killed the Italians last year because of a part of stage malfunctioning (what noone noticed in the end during GF), but they at least had had a proper sound-mix, which is a minimum standard to be satisfied on a music competition. Me thinks. Yeah 😁

Last edited:

Truskawka

Semi 1 rehersals were also published with technical difficulties in sound mix. You can clearly hear backing track with pre-recorded vocals going faster than live vocals in Sweden's, Czechia's and Norway's rehersal. In Croatian rehersal where there are no pre-recorded vocals but live back-up vocal, the latter is too loud in sound-mix.
all of your points are speculative as well. as far as we know NO delegation asked for their snippet not to be released or taken down, we only know about the UK asking for ONE snippet to be pulled down after it was posted on tik tok with the wrong sound mixing. Then again we have absolutely no idea what resulted in the delay of the other video and can only guess that they were looking for a way to fix it before posting it or looking for some alternative footage (which we don't know if they did) and i guess at some point the decision was made to post the remaining rehearsals without the UK. We don't even know whether that decision was made by the British delegation, the bbc (who i guess is in charge of shooting the videos that are getting uploaded?) or the EBU.

You know the random draw of Ukraine and UKs positions was filmed right?

I didn't say BBC rigged the draw. I said that she has undeservedly with a lacklustre and mediocre song already enough attention and better starting point compared to others.

If delegations complain rightfully that they had to agree to publishing embarassing rehersal clips with BBC's bad sound-mix, and they didn't have same privilege as Mae did, that's not a reason to pervert the whole logic by playing "Mae is a victim" card while slandering 16 yrs old competitor from another country that he rigged himself something.

Stop this nonsense.

BBC's production is already more scandalous than Italian. From sound-mix, to poor editing, and in the end Survivor Love Island elimination game at the end of the semis.

Accept it with same kindness with which you accepted the Italian production last year and move on 🤣

Chrisiam

As was said on the live stream earlier; if the fan press was able to cover the rehearsals like they used to we'd know what was up by now and any negative speculation that could/would/or has been brought up could have been nipped in the bud earlier.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I didn't say BBC rigged the draw. I said that she has undeservedly with a lacklustre and mediocre song already enough attention and better starting point compared to others.

If delegations complain rightfully that they had to agree to publishing embarassing rehersal clips with BBC's bad sound-mix, and they didn't have same privilege as Mae did, that's not a reason to pervert the whole logic by playing "Mae is a victim" card while slandering 16 yrs old competitor from another country that he rigged himself something.

Stop this nonsense.

BBC's production is already more scandalous than Italian. From sound-mix, to poor editing, and in the end Survivor Love Island elimination game at the end of the semis.

Accept it with same kindness with which you accepted the Italian production last year and move on 🤣

Im not defending Mae ive been fed up of people making excuses for her all season, the UKs song is in my bottom 5. I have just seen far too many people do conspiracy theories about the UK drawing 26th

BBC's production is already more scandalous than Italian.

This is one of the most laughable statements ive seen on this website yet and that is saying something

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Tbh i tl;dr them posts. The other replies shows it's nothing but conspiracies and delirium.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Also the Greeks would be better suited aiming their anger at ERT and not at the BBC production. :LOL: They CAN do sooo much better.

ChiversLookDivine

UK is a host this year, BBC put Mae last in Grand Final running order.

I haven't laughed more at two ridiculous statements made on this forum in a long time, great effort.

Loindici

Veteran
It's now becoming a mystery whether Mae's performance is up to the standard. Based from the first rehearsal, it's pretty good.

It's kind of shady how we haven't got any clips or any offivial statement (but at the same time, it's like as if it matters, really...)

Top Bottom