2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Cestrian18

There's low key and then there's this, at least with last year there was a strategy, hide in plain sight, this year, especially if it's an unreleased song, it's plain weird. Even James got a little Graham Norton pre record on BBC1 telling people when the reveal was

ESCConor

Still no confirmation from TAP or BBC Themselves about the UK Artist and Song being revealed tomorrow.

ChiversLookDivine

I think there are shenanigans afoot.

The BBC has been pitch-perfect with how to set expectations and present Eurovision since the start, up to and including Kalush in our NYE fireworks and Het Grote Songfestivalfeest on BBC One.

To drop the ball now doesn't make sense after building so much hype for certain names, and I think this could be part of the strategy.

Furthermore I would not expect our song reveal to be on Radio 2 after Scott Mills during the allocation draw made a big point about modern Eurovision being more Radio 1 (he literally moved to Radio 1 during this VT)

Certain names in the frame have fallen quiet on social media over recent days (namely Ellie and Rina), and I think tomorrow's announcement on Radio 2 will actually be a timeslot to watch BBC One later in the evening.

HarryUK

Veteran
BBC Eurovision have just confirmed an announcement on Zoe Ball’s breakfast show at 8:30am on Radio 2 tomorrow…

Time’s here people!!

ChiversLookDivine

I think there are shenanigans afoot.

The BBC has been pitch-perfect with how to set expectations and present Eurovision since the start, up to and including Kalush in our NYE fireworks and Het Grote Songfestivalfeest on BBC One.

To drop the ball now doesn't make sense after building so much hype for certain names, and I think this could be part of the strategy.

Furthermore I would not expect our song reveal to be on Radio 2 after Scott Mills during the allocation draw made a big point about modern Eurovision being more Radio 1 (he literally moved to Radio 1 during this VT)

Certain names in the frame have fallen quiet on social media over recent days (namely Ellie and Rina), and I think tomorrow's announcement on Radio 2 will actually be a timeslot to watch BBC One later in the evening.

The timing of this though.

Kitakaze

Scott’s wording that it’s simply a “big Eurovision announcement” does make this seem probable, implies that we won’t necessarily be hearing the song then. Need to believe that this is all part of something a bit more special than the damp squib it’s turning out to be.

Cestrian18

The way this is pitched 'big Eurovision announcement' suggest something else might be happening. Not 'Zoe will be revealing which song and Artist will be representing the UK in Liverpool' it's just so odd.

Coconut Waterwurst

I'm unsure whether this will be the artist/song announcement or not. The tweet BBC Eurovision sent out didn't explicitly say that... I think it could be an announcement of an announcement

Chrisiam

It is either going to be the act, the announcement of when the act will be revealed, or it'll be a competition to win tickets.

HarryUK

Veteran
Someone wants the Spice Girls as the main interval act

Yes bloody please. Hai si ja, hold fucking tight!!!!

HarryUK

Veteran
The backlash if it is Mae, the BBC would have to revert back to damage control I'd imagine. Which is sad really, but it's their own fault for not quashing the Rina rumours

AndersPanders

This is my first post here but I’ve been reading for a while and I’m loving all the sleuthing!!! Don’t get a sense that tomorrow is the announcement. However, Sunday night’s schedule on BBC One might have a 10 minute gap that’s gone unnoticed - Countryfile is always an hour long, but randomly it is on for 1hr 10 this week. Could it be an announcement/reveal at 1850 instead???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6p/2023/03/12

Chrisiam

To be fair people have been speculating that the UK would be the last to reveal as a mirror to Ukraine being the first. And by Sunday every other nation will have revealed its act. So it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that they'd announce it then.

HarryUK

Veteran
Countryfile is a massive anti climax :LOL:

Also, it's the Dancing On Ice final this Sunday - that's on at the same time normally isn't it?

Top Bottom