• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
She is not an interval. đź’€ She has some success, but she's no where near a household name to make her interval potential. Most people will be like "who?" if she was interval. It's why she's ideal as the actual British entry.

ChiversLookDivine

I have another reason to think it's Mae Muller. She recorded stuff for Radio 1 at Maida Vale studios, which was the exact same thing Sam Ryder did this time last year shortly before his announcement. And to top it off she has been friends with Ben Mawson for years. Wouldn't be surprised if she was the plan from the beginning.

I'm kinda gutted you dropped your Lana Del Rey theory, that absolutely made my week, hilarious!

Anyway, lots of artists have appeared at Maida Vale just this week, let alone month, so I'm not sure about that.

I'd also really like a source on "friends with Ben Mawson for years" because as far as I can tell those red herring Twitter 'leaks' were really reliant on the fact he merely follows her on IG, just as he follows many artists...

HarryUK

Veteran

Kitakaze

Having been convinced it was Rina, I’m now terrified they’ve decided for some incomprehensible reason to send this Mae Muller.

ESC_Peggy

https://twitter.com/MrJamesRowe/status/1632321228609298433?s=20. James Rowe, who does the Eurotrip podcast and has had people like Lee Smithurst on in the past tweeted last night about our UK entry saying that he has had time to "mull it over". Possibly another hint pointing towards Mae.

Last week James said the BBC/TaP Music do not tell them the artist in advance of the reveal and getting info from 'sources' would break their relationship with the BBC for future interviews. The BBC could tweet from their Eurovision account.

There's so much wishful thinking and baseless Twitter rumours flying around, it's getting exhausting.

To quote one of the replies: After all the secrecy and rumours our entry better be more than good, catchy and memorable. It needs to be amazing and a potential winner.

Last edited:

Chrisiam

Are we really at the point where people are basing who it is going to be on the usage of single words!?

Geeze, the is almost as bad as when people thought Flur East was going to do it because she mentioned something about "getting through the storm" in an Instagram thing a few years back. When she was literally just making reference to a commonly used phrase!

People really are jonesing for information now, aren't they? What's next? Ellie Goulding is going to be doing it because someone saw her wave her hand in a way that replicates the speed and rhythm of when someone waves the tiny flags at Eurovision?!

Coconut Waterwurst

I'm pretty sure Lee Smithurst said on the Eurotrip podcast that, unlike last year, they wouldn't be releasing the song ahead of the official confirmation of it being the UK entry. So in that case, all snippets and already-released songs we've heard surely can't be the UK entry (the BBC are very strict on that sort of thing due to NDAs and stuff).

So regarding the snippet Mae Muller put out on TikTok, the BBC simply wouldn't have allowed her to publish it (if indeed it was her). I have a feeling we'll be one of the last countries to reveal our songs, and it will be a song that none of us has heard.

HarryUK

Veteran
I'm pretty sure Lee Smithurst said on the Eurotrip podcast that, unlike last year, they wouldn't be releasing the song ahead of the official confirmation of it being the UK entry. So in that case, all snippets and already-released songs we've heard surely can't be the UK entry (the BBC are very strict on that sort of thing due to NDAs and stuff).

So regarding the snippet Mae Muller put out on TikTok, the BBC simply wouldn't have allowed her to publish it (if indeed it was her). I have a feeling we'll be one of the last countries to reveal our songs, and it will be a song that none of us has heard.
Can I just say how obsessed I am with your name and profile picture

I too hope Eurovision will return to Azerb-, Aserbagin, to Baku….

On the topic of the UK - I really hope it’s not that Mae Muller snippet. It’ll get us nowhere

ChiversLookDivine

Yes it does amuse me that for a long time the only riposte to the Rina evidence staring us in the face from the BBC was "Rina would never be allowed to hint at Eurovision on her TikTok", but those same people have fallen for the Mae Muller thing when her song is basically already out there on TikTok and being horribly mimed to when Lee already confirmed the song would be a new release and not out there in the wild like the Space Man 2022 strategy.

I really feel like we'd have gotten to the bottom of the act by now if UK fans just tried to be consistent with what they felt was good or bad evidence, and if people didn't just fall for every obvious fake leak for an artist with no justifiable reason for it to be them (cough Mae cough).

As for when we release, for the sanity of the UK fans I would hope for the 9th or 10th at the end of this week, but with Loreen on the horizon it does make you wonder if we really will wait for the week after at the last possible moment. I don't think we'll be last because knowing Azerbaijan and Armenia they'll play their little game again, but the UK could be 3rd or 4th last to reveal.

For all we know a music video is being filmed and edited for a brand new unannounced song and we're not even ready for it. I also think that if it's a big artist this year with an unannounced song that the release date will have been set in stone a long time ago - the sheer weight of logistics to organise a song release, get it on television, ensure it doesn't release the same day as tickets, ensure the record label has got advertising and PR ready etc means it probably won't be a case of the UK being able to just quickly rush or delay a release.

Last edited:

ESC_Peggy

My heart sinks whenever I read someone else say "my credible sources said it's Mae Muller".

To revert straight back to the bottom five this year is definitely not where we would want to be when we're finally managing to start repairing the reputation of the contest in this country. What a way to not capitalise on Sam's hype of last year and us getting to host. I hope it backfires on them because they dropped the ball big time.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
How are we now convinced it's Mae Muller because she recorded a song somewhere and sang on a BBC radio show when 949959 other artists have done that also. No one knew who she was a few days ago. Can't wait to find out in the next few days what our entry actually is.

Edit: the 'My source' tweets need to given 0 attention also tbh. The BBC aren't going to be giving out leaks like that for random people to tweet about it. They will strictly control everything and any drip feed of information

HarryUK

Veteran
How are we now convinced it's Mae Muller because she recorded a song somewhere and sang on a BBC radio show when 949959 other artists have done that also. No one knew who she was a few days ago. Can't wait to find out in the next few days what our entry actually is.

Edit: the 'My source' tweets need to given 0 attention also tbh. The BBC aren't going to be giving out leaks like that for random people to tweet about it. They will strictly control everything and any drip feed of information
My source says Jane McDonald has ended up in Dublin instead of Liverpool on her cruise by mistake so she’s representing Ireland instead and we have Wild Youth :/

Top Bottom