Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
Do we know which style the song might be in? Something similar to last year? Do you know or suspect something?

Chrisiam

Only thing we know for certain is that it is going to be "Up Beat" but that just means it will be cheery and optimistic and not necessarily up tempo. Newman has previously posted a tweet with some Emojis which suggests something summery and theoretically "Bop" material. But we shall soon see.

theditz83

Veteran
Do we know which style the song might be in? Something similar to last year? Do you know or suspect something?
He's co-written and worked with Rudimental, Calvin Harris, Matoma and Armin van Buuren so the hope is that he understands that a "banger" is not... (Bless her, she was lovely, but yeah...)

Loindici

Veteran
What if it's a genuine banger, though?

I bims

Veteran
He's co-written and worked with Rudimental, Calvin Harris, Matoma and Armin van Buuren so the hope is that he understands that a "banger" is not... (Bless her, she was lovely, but yeah...)

Not these comments saying this bland song deserved more points because of the stage invasion... or that it was only placing low because of politics. Really?! o_O

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Not these comments saying this bland song deserved more points because of the stage invasion... or that it was only placing low because of politics. Really?! o_O

Actually I remember immediately after it happened we shot up to first in the odds. ;; People failed to remember 50% of the vote had been cast at that point. Ngl I do think it gave her a boost in the televote, but only a small one.

Pål Nordahl

From one non-EU country to another, my judgement will be based purely on the quality of music.

Side note: I saw Jane McDonald in Bergen a few years ago (I think she was filming something because she had a camera crew). She was wearing an absurdly flowery dress and I'm convinced that she smiled at me. I've been rooting for the UK ever since.

theditz83

Veteran
Every single time we finish bottom 5, it's down to politics. That's the default position that the vast majority of :uk: non-Eurofans will always defend vehemently with no basis other than a vague notion that apparently everyone in the whole of Europe hates us.

But I, as an almost 30 year-long fan of this glorious contest, call utter bullcrap on all of that nonsense. The UK gets bad results because we send bad songs or irrelevant acts that the rest of Europe don't want to support. Fact.

I just pray for the year when some sort of link can be made between the awesome music that UK writers and producers are creating right now and our Eurovision entry. That's not too much to ask, right? :lol:

Romeo

I have a polite notice for all of you! when I see the UK as the latest post... I get excited thinking there is news.. so a pre warning by text will be needed in future!

so in future... if you don't pre-warn me...

tenor.gif

I bims

Veteran
Actually I remember immediately after it happened we shot up to first in the odds. ;; People failed to remember 50% of the vote had been cast at that point. Ngl I do think it gave her a boost in the televote, but only a small one.
I remember that. The delusion. As if people suddenly don't vote for Fuego, Lie to me or Toy anymore because of this.
It probably prevented the 0 public points though. But the song placed where it should've been.

theditz83

Veteran
Okay, so it's possible that I just don't understand how OGAE actually operates and what their usual calendar of events is, but when you get the following "event" as a suggestion on Facebook, you should take it as some sort of sign surely..... Right?????

Having trawled through all the BBC listings for Saturday 13th March, there is no sign of any suspicious shows that could be a reveal show, so unless it's on the streaming-only BBC THREE online, this might just be a massive red herring...

Screenshot-20210307-235226-com-facebook-katana-edit-338881028357664.jpg

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

theditz83

Veteran
It's possible that since it's the last Saturday that any national finals will take place across the whole Eurovision collective, this is more of a "aww, we've come to the end of National Final seasons, let's celebrate our favourite moments" kinda thing... But yeah, the image seems too UK competitor-centric.

Having just clicked the link, it does say the below... So maybe it is just a celebration party of the end of NF season xshrug

Screenshot-20210308-000720-com-facebook-katana-edit-339742007767949.jpg

Romeo

If James isn't singing 'Vi Er Norge' I'm no longer British! Granted if he is singing 'Je t'emmènerai danser' I will also be happy.

Top Bottom