Contact us

UNITED KINGDOM 2010 - Josh Dubovie - That Sounds Good to Me

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

thms

i had a look at the other songs in this forum.. josh had 124 points on this thread.. which is a couple of points ahead of romania and a handful of points behind israel.. two of the favourites..

BulleDeChagrin

I don't understand the UK anymore: last year there was the whole fuss about Webber composing a song etc. (And the final product was certainly worthy of the Top 5!)
This year, however, they send a popsong that's been filled with clichés, one well-known melody after another, without making it fit alltogether.
Josh seems to do everything he can to save the song, and he wouldn't be that bad if he had a better song.
So thumbs up for Josh for bringing the song with such passion!

ESCGirl

BulleDeChagrin said:
I don't understand the UK anymore: last year there was the whole fuss about Webber composing a song etc. (And the final product was certainly worthy of the Top 5!)
This year, however, they send a popsong that's been filled with clichés, one well-known melody after another, without making it fit alltogether.
Josh seems to do everything he can to save the song, and he wouldn't be that bad if he had a better song.
To be fair, the BBC chose the song internally so the UK public haven't had any say in the song at all (which has not been a popular choice to say the least). HOWEVER, Josh has a lot of charm and I think it's possible for him to pull it off. I certainly don't think the quality of our song is any different from many of the others this year. I'm not suggesting we will win or even come in the top half of the table but I think the viewers might be pleasantly surprised when the song is performed live with all of the trimmings. I hope so anyway :D :D :D

BulleDeChagrin

ESCGirl said:
BulleDeChagrin said:
To be fair, the BBC chose the song internally so the UK public haven't had any say in the song at all (which has not been a popular choice to say the least). HOWEVER, Josh has a lot of charm and I think it's possible for him to pull it off. I certainly don't think the quality of our song is any different from many of the others this year. I'm not suggesting we will win or even come in the top half of the table but I think the viewers might be pleasantly surprised when the song is performed live with all of the trimmings. I hope so anyway :D :D :D

Well, the only thing I have faith in, is Josh's charm, as no one can deny he has a lot! :D

ayzelto

ESCGirl said:
ayzelto said:
The new version is much better than the previous one. He's stronger, and I realize that the dancers are not necessary for the show. However, he'll be bottom for sure, but I'll vote for him :)
Well, someone has to be last so if it's us then that's life :D
As long as he gives a good performance, I don't really care too much :D

I agree with you, and countries like UK or Spain won't be lucky in Eurovision anymore.

BulleDeChagrin

ayzelto said:
ESCGirl said:
ayzelto said:
The new version is much better than the previous one. He's stronger, and I realize that the dancers are not necessary for the show. However, he'll be bottom for sure, but I'll vote for him :)
Well, someone has to be last so if it's us then that's life :D
As long as he gives a good performance, I don't really care too much :D

I agree with you, and countries like UK or Spain won't be lucky in Eurovision anymore.

Well, that's not true, last year UK was 5th, I think, so..

ESCGirl

I actually think that Spain would have done very well this year with Coral but not so sure with Daniel Diges :cry: I like the Spanish song very much though and will definitely vote for it :D

ayzelto

Matt said:
Correct, why do you feel that UK or spain won't do well again? Can you give us a reason?

The Uk was 5th last year, true, but western countries have not got good positions since 2004. Spain, for instance, didn't deserve the 23th position last year, or do you remember Portugal in 2008? A great song which became 13th, or 14th, I don't remember. And the same happens to Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, the UK, France (Patricia was 8th and she deserved to be in top 5 minimum), Ireland... or other countries such as Andorra, Monaco or Austria, who have sent great entries and they could not qualify for the finals. It seems impossible to see one of these countries winning the contest, and we all know the reason why.
What about Josh? The will be in the bottom because the country is THE UK. If the country was Azerbaijan, for instance, he would be in the middle of the ranking.

evilperson

^Spain didn't deserve such a low placing based on the song but I think it warranted such a placing due to the poor performance and staging which are factors that can't be ignored. If Western countries want better placings in the contest then they need to find better songs.

thms

love or loathe it.. you cannot ignore it.. i think josh's performance in the final will be as good as the favourites..

MrJadeEwen

ESCGirl said:
To be fair, the BBC chose the song internally so the UK public haven't had any say in the song at all

The BBC didn't have a say in the song either :p They heard the song on the day before YCNY, plus they only approached Pete Waterman as Gary Barlow declined their offer of an "unknown singer" singing his song, complete chaos; hopefully it's better organised, like 2009, next year.

evilperson

thms said:
love or loathe it.. you cannot ignore it.. i think josh's performance in the final will be as good as the favourites..

Well he may have the performance as you claim (imo he's quite amateur), but he certainly doesn't have the song.

aletem

ayzelto said:
Matt said:
Correct, why do you feel that UK or spain won't do well again? Can you give us a reason?

The Uk was 5th last year, true, but western countries have not got good positions since 2004. Spain, for instance, didn't deserve the 23th position last year, or do you remember Portugal in 2008? A great song which became 13th, or 14th, I don't remember. And the same happens to Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, the UK, France (Patricia was 8th and she deserved to be in top 5 minimum), Ireland... or other countries such as Andorra, Monaco or Austria, who have sent great entries and they could not qualify for the finals. It seems impossible to see one of these countries winning the contest, and we all know the reason why.
What about Josh? The will be in the bottom because the country is THE UK. If the country was Azerbaijan, for instance, he would be in the middle of the ranking.
Well no! His song is horrible, that doesn't stand a chance. It is just a big lame downfall and it is not because it is UK. In 1998 there was a televoting going on, with eastern countries participating and UK got the second place. Last year, 5th place. It has nothing to do with the country. Andorra and Austria haven't done well recently, because they didn't sent good songs (I personally don't love any of the Andorran entries).

Enigma

Not a bad song but not in my taste.Maybe that would be OK for disco clubs in late 80's.

Milos-BC

ayzelto said:
Matt said:

That is only because of the song. What, France was underrated last year? :shock: I think it ended just like it deserved. And it's not a bad result at all. Norway is a western country, and they won the contest...why? Because they had a great song. That's all people want - a good song :cool:

Josh has a lot of charisma, and he really has a charm on the stage, but the song is just pure mediocre product.

Top Bottom