5 3.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinchey

winner alert. this can win eurovision.
I can't believe I am saying but this is the song that got me the most excited so far in the NF season.

akoz

Shurov selecting Nazva and Drevo over Anka and Stasya is just beyond ridiculous. xangry

Overall it's not the strongest selection. The best songs here are Teresa & Maria and Tsunamia and I'll vote for one of them. T & M lacking something special that would give winner vibes, but it is so well produced that after second listening I put this song on the loop. xbow If they win, it's a top10 finish in May. With Tsunamia I'm patiently waiting for performance - this song will be elevated to top10 material or it'll flop.

Mel, Ingret, Skylerr and Anka are all 8/12 points in the pool for me, every with its pros and cons and I won't be against them represinting us at ESC, but it'll be middle of the road in the final for them. After last year I won't be surprised if any of them win but I finally want to cheer for best song from our selection xpray

Everyting else are very mid with Nahaba being a big dissapointment for me - I expected much more from them than this song.

But hoping for a great show with great performances in February. xmetal

AlekS

Veteran
The first day promo was an exclusive from Suspilne. Starting from today all the finalists can promote their songs. Ie. release music videos on their channels, songs on Spotify etc.

Midnight YT stats (excluding ANKA). Not bad for lyric videos. Already better numbers than last year (y)
Performer - views / likes.

1. alyona alyona & Jerry Heil - 112k / 9.5k (trending at #6)
2. Melovin - 63k / 4.2k (trending at #25)
3. YAKTAK - 60k / 2.4k
4. YAGODY - 47k / 3.9k
5. NAHABA - 42k / 2.4k
6. Ingret - 41k / 2.9k
7. Skylerr - 35k / 1.4k
8. NAZVA - 35k / 1.6k
9. Drevo - 33k / 1.5k
10. Ziferblat - 31k / 2.2k

YAKTAK is flopping hard, considering his fanbase :LOL:

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Tsunamia performed by YAGODY
Палала performed by ANKA
Keeper performed by INGRET
Teresa & Maria performed by alyona alyona & Jerry Heil
GLASSS performed by NAHABA

Place I Call Home performed by Ziferblat
Slavic English performed by NAZVA
Lalala performed by YAKTAK
Time Is Running Out performed by SKYLERR

DREAMER performed by MELOVIN
Endless Chain performed by Drevo

lasse braun

the song glasss from nahaba is the only song which i like,especially the second more progressive part of the song.
nahaba (never heard from) will be an underdog against the big names.
xqueenbitch

empo21

Veteran
Jery Heil and alyona alyona have the best entry hands down, but I'm not 100% sold on it. This year's Vidbir is a bit underwhelming after the last 2 years.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
There are at least 4 or 5 songs which will grant Ukraine its usual top 10 finish, so I don't understand how someone can assume this year's Vidbir is weak, honestly.

Because people have their own taste and opinions, yours isn't gospel.

Ajeje Brazorf

Because people have their own taste and opinions, yours isn't gospel.

Nope, because being a "weak" or "strong" final has literally nothing to do with personal taste. Sanremo, Mello and Vidbir are strong Finals because they usually promote songs which then came high up in Eurovision rankings year in and year out. That is the definition of "strong".

This Vidbir edition is no different than others: whoever wins is a top 10 finisher. Nothing makes me think otherwise.

You may not like the songs, I wasn't a fan of some winners in recent past too, but even when the songs were not of my taste I never judged Vidbir a weak NF, because objectively it isn't a weak NF.

Ravlyk

Now that we have all the finalists, are we going to have a poll in this topic? Just asking.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Nope, because being a "weak" or "strong" final has literally nothing to do with personal taste. Sanremo, Mello and Vidbir are strong Finals because they usually promote songs which then came high up in Eurovision rankings year in and year out. That is the definition of "strong".

This Vidbir edition is no different than others: whoever wins is a top 10 finisher. Nothing makes me think otherwise.

You may not like the songs, I wasn't a fan of some winners in recent past too, but even when the songs were not of my taste I never judged Vidbir a weak NF, because objectively it isn't a weak NF.

You take the term too literal. Saying its a weaker edition doesn't mean people think Ukraine is going to doo poorly. Tbh given their record and the effort Ukraine put in I'm sure they can make just about any song top 10 worthy. Some people say its weaker (or underwhelming in Empos case) than previous editions, there is a difference.

Actually many people who are hyping the selection are doing so based of their own personal taste. Its goes both ways, its not a big deal though really. Ukraine is obviously going to do very well with a number of these songs

nick_idk

My Eurovision scoreboard results as of current:

1. Alyona Alyona & Jerry Heil
2. ANKA
3. YAGODY
4. Melovin
5. Skylerr
6. Ingret
7.Yaktak
8. Nahaba
9. Ziferblat
10. Drevo
11. NAZVA

It's nice to see ANKA so high. I am of the controversial opinion that that is still the best option, mainly due to the explosion of the phone genre online and the potential for vitality. But I think (hope?) Teresa & Maria go to esc

FabiESC

01 YAKTAK — Lalala 9/10
02 MÉLOVIN – Dreamer 8/10
03 INGRET — Keeper 6/10
04 YAGODY – Tsunamia 5/10
05 alyona alyona & Jerry Heil – Teresa & Maria 5/10
06 SKYLERR – Time Is Running Out 4/10
07 NAHABA – GLASSS 4/10
08 Drevo – Endless Chain 3/10
09 NAZVA – Slavic English 3/10
10 Ziferblat – Place I Call Home 2/10
11 ANKA – Palala 2/10

I'm not impressed of this selection. For me it's YAKTAK or MELOVIN, they by far the best in my eyes.

Kitakaze

Teresa & Maria and then Tsunamia for me. Either would be top 10 locks given how memorable and impactful they could be. Not wild about any of the others myself and can’t really see anything else winning really.

Top Bottom