5 3.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

akoz

I was hoping for more strong songs in this wildcard battle. xshrug

ANKA definitely is the best here, most likely I'll vote for here. I also like STASYA song - first minute is really great, then song kinda losing it, but overall really good attempt. And I'd not mind to see Teslenko and Karyotype in final just for diversity - songs like Lights go up could actually grow with live performances (but only with right staging) and I don't think we'd have such cute and lovely songs as Sadness from another artists in the final lineup.

Others are pretty basic and meh.

KRYLATA, SWOIIA and ANKA are our eurofans' faves.
If somehow KRYLATA with that cringe language-change out of nowhere or SWOIIA with that lalala song win 11th place in the final over ANKA, I think we'd be doomed for another wild winner in the final this year with such fandom. xwall

nick_idk

Krylata is surprisingly good. I'm going for ANKA.

Based on the pretty good quality of these rejects, acts like INGRET, Tsiferblat, NAHABA, and DREVO had to have pretty good entries to be able to make the final directly

Mainshow

Veteran
ANKA and Carpetman are incredible - the rest shouldn't even come close to winning.

Parfeniuk is alright, too - nothing to write home about but at least it's funky and not as amateurish as Shépa or that "dirty fantasy" song by Krylata :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That wildcard line up is quite alright tbh, not much to complain about at all - although I will say most don't leave a massively positive impression, just ok. KRYLATA - 'Queen' is a quality bop and by far my personal fave in that list. I can totally get behind that. Of the other 2 faves (as Aleks said them to be) neither are my cup of tea. Ankas song I feel like has been done to death, I don't necessarily mean from Ukraine in ESC, I've heard this song from different Ukrainian artists 9597949 times now and i'm completely over it. SWOIIA is just ok imo, nothing more. Hopefully my fave wins the wildcard vote. :mrgreen:

AlekS

Veteran
Ankas song I feel like has been done to death, I don't necessarily mean from Ukraine in ESC, I've heard this song from different Ukrainian artists 9597949 times now and i'm completely over it.
Not sure I have ever heard phonk from Ukrainian artists :unsure: Just underground electro scene. As for ethno, I have never seen anyone with LED sopilka. Nor have I seen a woman playing this instrument.

Last edited:
Anka and Carpetman have the best final products in respect of songs.

Carpetman's song is though a bit more interesting than Anka's, which is "expected" from Ukraine.

Krylata's song, IDK, it's also well produced, but I'm tired of queens of all sorts, from queens of the kings to the queens of khans, Mata Haris, she-wolves, MF girls who run the world, and all that turd. I'm saying that as a hard core feminist. 😁

"Only" worry here are the vocals. They are heavily produced in these studio recordings. It's hard to imagine how they would actually sound live.

The rest is so so, to quote Černobil: "Not bad, not good". 😂 Little Angels stands out though, but maybe in a more disturbing way. The topic is absolutely great, but the way it's presented is eerie and somehow emotionally detached. Maybe it's not even tasty. Anyway, confuses a lot, so - no.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Melovin - "Last time, like everyone else, I did not listen to the main thing - not to think of the competition as the Olympic Games. Other Europeans have a different attitude to this competition than we do. At the time when our performers come there, they feel in a constant wild tension due to pressure from the press or people in the comments. What's going on with other Europeans at this moment? Joy, everyone is vibing, just chillin' and high on music. They treat the contest as an opportunity to meet, collaborate and please their country with a great performance. That's what I realized, and that's the most important thing in this competition". "Dreamer is unlike any other song that I've ever written".

Tsyferblat - the song is about refugees. "Eurovision is something like a guilty pleasure to me".

NAHABA - "Andrii is currently serving, and due to the fact that this song was written specifically for Eurovision, there were certain difficulties. We thought about how to preserve this connection between our contrasting personalities in different parts of the song. The last months of our lives were full of painful events, the lives of both changed in one moment. We lived together for almost five years in a relationship, but from the moment Andriy joined the ranks of the Armed Forces, everything began to gradually and irrevocably collapse. The song GLASS is a complete and sincere reflection of all these painful and complex processes and experiences."

Ingret - "My song is a manifestation of those thoughts, feelings and experiences that I have felt in recent years until now. A few months earlier, the idea of taking part in Eurovision was born and I thought about what song to create, my soul said only one thing: "Ingret, write with your heart." And my heart is now shared with many women of our country, and not only. My husband and father are military personnel. So the song and the lyrics will speak for themselves, and my voice will be an imprint of what I feel inside".

YAGODY
- "the song will surpise you, because it differs from our discography". It's inspired by ancient folklore.

Jerry Heil & alyona alyona - "We chose this particular track because it's filled with meaning and carries a great message to the world. The song is different from what we've done before, because our previous songs were more about ethno, as well as war and inner feelings. This song brings us more together as two women and is very full of the Girl power theme. Simple truths that ordinary people can reach unreal heights".

Sammy

Veteran
I was inclined to have "Supernova" as my favorite, but already at the second listening it was a massive fader.... So atm I think I'd go for "Queen" and wait what the prequalified finalists will serve.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Melovin - "Last time, like everyone else, I did not listen to the main thing - not to think of the competition as the Olympic Games. Other Europeans have a different attitude to this competition than we do. At the time when our performers come there, they feel in a constant wild tension due to pressure from the press or people in the comments. What's going on with other Europeans at this moment? Joy, everyone is vibing, just chillin' and high on music. They treat the contest as an opportunity to meet, collaborate and please their country with a great performance. That's what I realized, and that's the most important thing in this competition". "Dreamer is unlike any other song that I've ever written".

Tsyferblat - the song is about refugees. "Eurovision is something like a guilty pleasure to me".

NAHABA - "Andrii is currently serving, and due to the fact that this song was written specifically for Eurovision, there were certain difficulties. We thought about how to preserve this connection between our contrasting personalities in different parts of the song. The last months of our lives were full of painful events, the lives of both changed in one moment. We lived together for almost five years in a relationship, but from the moment Andriy joined the ranks of the Armed Forces, everything began to gradually and irrevocably collapse. The song GLASS is a complete and sincere reflection of all these painful and complex processes and experiences."

Ingret - "My song is a manifestation of those thoughts, feelings and experiences that I have felt in recent years until now. A few months earlier, the idea of taking part in Eurovision was born and I thought about what song to create, my soul said only one thing: "Ingret, write with your heart." And my heart is now shared with many women of our country, and not only. My husband and father are military personnel. So the song and the lyrics will speak for themselves, and my voice will be an imprint of what I feel inside".

YAGODY - "the song will surpise you, because it differs from our discography". It's inspired by ancient folklore.

Jerry Heil & alyona alyona - "We chose this particular track because it's filled with meaning and carries a great message to the world. The song is different from what we've done before, because our previous songs were more about ethno, as well as war and inner feelings. This song brings us more together as two women and is very full of the Girl power theme. Simple truths that ordinary people can reach unreal heights".

Go Ingret and Jerry/Alyona xheart

AlekS

Veteran
The official results after almost full 1st day :)
49500 people have voted in the Diia state app. 1 vote per 1 passport/ID-card.

ANKA - 22.93%
KRYLATA - 13.54%
STASYA - 11.6%
PARFENIUK - 11.18%
SHÉPA - 9.88%
Carpetman - 9.1%
SWOIIA - 8.33%
KARYOTYPE - 7.64%
TESLENKO - 5.81%

The voting will stop on December 21.
If things stay like this, we will get 2 sensations. The Voice finalist (Stasya) and influencer whose songs gained 35+ million views on YT this year (Parfeniuk), both won't qualify for Vidbir final :)

A poll by 24 TV channel (2100 votes):

ANKA - 26%
KRYLATA - 20%
STASYA - 12%
PARFENIUK - 12%
SWOIIA - 9%
Carpetman - 8%
TESLENKO - 6%
KARYOTYPE - 4%
SHÉPA - 3%

KRYLATA received a boost because the poll was re-posted by our ESC community. SHÉPA scored more in official results because Suspilne posted the recap of snippets (instead of full songs) in the app, and she benefits the most from this. Other than that the results are very similar.

Last edited:
The official results after almost full 1st day :)
49500 people have voted in the Diia state app. 1 vote per 1 passport ID.

ANKA - 22.93%
KRYLATA - 13.54%
STASYA - 11.6%
PARFENIUK - 11.18%
SHÉPA - 9.88%
Carpetman - 9.1%
SWOIIA - 8.33%
KARYOTYPE - 7.64%
TESLENKO - 5.81%

The voting will stop on December 21.
If things stay like this, we will get 2 sensations. The Voice finalist (Stasya) and influencer with 35+ million views on YT this year (Parfeniuk), both won't qualify for Vidbir final :)

A poll by 24 TV channel (2100 votes):

ANKA - 26%
KRYLATA - 20%
STASYA - 12%
PARFENIUK - 12%
SWOIIA - 9%
Carpetman - 8%
TESLENKO - 6%
KARYOTYPE - 4%
SHÉPA - 3%

KRYLATA received a boost because the poll was re-posted by our ESC community. SHÉPA scored more in official results because Suspilne posted the recap of snippets (instead of full songs) in the app, and she benefits the most from this. Other than that the results are very similar.

A bit sad for Carpetman

Ravlyk

Quite a good list we have here. Almost all of them are at least ok. Hope that means we are going to have interesting final.
ANKA is really good. Not my cup of tea musically, but this song can do well.
Carpetman has good song too. Strong, powerful vocals could elevate it a lot live. But I doubt he has this strength.
STASYA annoyed me a bit on the first listening. But as I gave her song a few more goes I ended up liking it. With a good revamp it could be my fave. I'd love to see her in the finals. But I don't believe I will.

Last edited:

Charly

I had a listen to the Wildcard entries and I must say the quality is great and these are only wildcard.

I have really high expectations for Vidbir to be jamp packed with gems.

I'm leaning towards either;
Anka - Palala or Stasya - Rika.
Carpetman would also be a nice wildcard choice.

I'm impressed Ukraine

AlekS

Veteran
Yep. The voting ends at 10:00, but from the results it is clear.

Almost 300 000 people have voted.

fsaSXIs.jpg

ps. A couple of days ago Diia posted this poll in "Messages" so people started getting notifications and vote. Right at the same time KRYLATA bombed her chances completely by promising to donate to our army for every 1000 votes. Hon, you don't donate in exchange for your personal profit, wtf. Starting from there her votes began to shrink. Parfeniuk announced on Tiktok that his gf is pregnant and super popular influencer appeared in his video. Olya Polyakova supported his Vidbir entry in her socials so this added votes as well.

ps 2. ANKA lost The Voice duels but she beat the Voice finalist on Vidbir :lol:
Will she stay in the bottom in the final or pull off Go_A trick and jump from last to #1? :unsure: It's nearly impossible to beat YAKTAK or Jerry Heil tho. She should work on her song as well because it's too short.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Swoiia was actually my favorite, but Anka was my 2nd, so I am very fine with that, It's a great entry for a Wildcard!

Top Bottom