Contact us

UEFA Champions League and Europa League

Milos-BC

I'm a bit late, but anyway.....

UEFA Champions League Qualifications

:rs: Crvena Zvezda 5:0 :kz: Kairat

As I expected, much better performance from Zvezda and a deserved victory. Kairat lost several important players for this match, but overall, they were not prepared for an atmosphere like this. A better team is going through.

Europa Conference League Qualifications

:rs: Vojvodina 1:0 :lt: Panevezys

Same situation as in the first match. Vojvodina was the better team, they were controlling the match and they could have won with a bigger margin, but this result is great nonetheless. I expect a tougher task against :at: LASK .

:az: Sumqayit 0:1 :rs: Čukarički

Čukarički managed to fix the issues they had in the first match and managed to win. I think they can do even better, but they are on a good road right now.

:sk: Dunajska Streda 0:2 :rs: Partizan

Despite this clean victory, it was much harder to achieve it on the field. But once again, I am satisfied with how we approached the match and we several additional great scoring chances. I expect a tough match against :ru: PFC Sochi tomorrow, but if we keep up like this, we shouldn't have problems.

njdevils94

Veteran
So :rs: Red Star Belgrade then............ (Crashed out to :md: Sheriff Tiraspol in the 3rd qualifying round if the champions league.)\

I watched :ua: Shakhtar defeat Genk 2-1 (4-2 on agg). Fair enough scoreline in the end. Shakhtar are the better team. Genk will now be in the Europa League group stage 2021-22 campaign.

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
We will have an Armenian team in the Group stages of a European club competition for the first time ever this year after :am: Alashkert defeated :kz: Kairat after extra time 3-2 on aggregate. :p They will either win their play-off qualifying round tie to make the Europa League or go down to ECL group stages.

You are so negative on Kosovo football for no reason sometimes. That's why.

Last edited:

Himan

Good day for Dutch football, all teams advanced! If that happens next round too, we might even come close to Portugal... Finally.

Realest

You are so negative on Kosovo football for no reason sometimes. That's why.

Ive never said anything negative about Kosovo Football.

E: Lol, I wrote that Kosovos Momentum is over after an embarassing Draw vs Moldova and Loss vs N.Macedonia.

njdevils94

Veteran
My short recap for Salzburg v Brondby turned into about 500+ words. :lol: That second half was incredible. Will post the recap later. Be ready for a lot of flags though.

1st half

HT :at: Salzburg 0 :dk: Brøndby 1

Yep. As expected their will be some growing pains with this incredibly young Salzburg team. A classic counter attack goal early on from the Danish champions the early lead. Kevin Mensah linking up with Mikael Uhre. Uhre showing good hold up play and finishing past netminder 🇨🇭 Philipp Köhn. Shortly after 🇦🇷 Nicolas Capaldo went close after a good first touch on a nice ball over the top from former academy player :austria: Nicolas Seiwald. 🇭🇷 Luca Sučić's long range shot caused a few worries for Mads Hermansson but 🇸🇮 Benjiman Šeško couldn't get to the rebound quickly enough. Seiwald nearly picked up an assist in the closing stages of the half but 🇩🇰 Rasmus Kristensen was judged to have just strayed offside and his finish at the near post was chalked off. For the most part the Danes have defended really well.

2nd Half

FT :at: Salzburg 2 :dk: Brøndby 1

ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING 2ND HALF BY SALZBURG. How it only ended 2-1 I'll never know. Their xG must have been at least 5 tonight.

The introduction of Brendan Aaronsen in the 2nd half was a very bright one from head coach Matthias Jaissle. The American had the opening chance of the 2nd half without a shot at the near post comfortably saved. Shortly after Karim Adeyemi had a fizzing effort from outside the 18 just end up in the side netting. A few minutes later :slovenia: Benjiman Šeško nearly levelled but put his side foot effort from a couple yards out just wide of :🇩🇰 Mads Hermansen's net. It was only a matter of time though and finally the equalizer came. Aaronsen was slipped through and his shit was well save by the impressive Hermansen but 🇩🇪 Karim Adeyemi was there to slot in the rebound. Fouled a lot in the first half but kept on going and had a great game overall.

Only what felt like seconds later 🇭🇷 Luca Sučić nearly lobbed the Brøndby keeper who was forced into another excellent save did. Did the Croat mean it or not I'm not really sure. Šeško was played into space again but couldn't keep his effort down. The pressing continued to take a toll on the Danish champions as the game got more spread out. 🇲🇱 Mohammed Camara was a big part of that. The Malian youngster had a very good game in the center of midfield winning the ball back in the opponents half and recycling possession when needed. A terrific long diagonal ball by Sučić found the captain 🇦🇹 Andreas Ulmer who had a good first touch to bring it down and then cut inside the defender but his finish left a lot to be desired as he ballooned his shot wide. At this point with around 20 minutes to go the shots were 25-1. ;;

Brøndby's only chance of the 2nd half nearly unbelievably gave them the lead back. 🇹🇳 Anis Ben Slimane with a long range effort that whacked off the bar having beaten Philipp Kohn all ends up. Understandably Salzburg were beginning to tire in the last quarter of an hour but just when it looked it would end 1-1 they got a winner. Center half 🇫🇷 Oumar Solet slipping through 🇺🇸 Brendan Aaronsen to finish past the excellent European debutant Hermansen.

It's cruel on him but fully deserved by Salzburg with the amount of chances they created tonight. 👏 The tie is neatly poised going back to Denmark.

Last edited:

Himan

They would have been even if they lost 3-0. xhmmm I thought they had done that already, but I was confused apparently. (Probably with Qarabag?)

AlekS

Veteran
^ Proud of the Ukrainian coach.
He was the one who catapulted Zorya from #13 to #3 in our premier league and to the Europa League eventually.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Do you have a team in Ukraine you support?
Nope. But I have high hopes for Metalist (Kharkiv) next year or 2.
As for Sherif, Lord knows I'm trying hard to leave politics aside, but I keep in mind that Transnistria is a terrorist "state" sponsored by Russia with Russian troops based on its territory. I like the fact that our coach milks them tho :lol:
hikb958.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom