Contact us

The case for declaring Israel's televote result invalid

Fluke

I'm of the opinion that Israel's televote result was the result of cheating, and their entire 2024 participation should be retroactively declared invalid. That is entirely possible, especially if the scandals that may soon be revealed result in Martin Österdahl or other higher-ups being sacked because of their involvement in this.

I'm disappointed with many of the Eurofans who objected to Israel's participation or how they acted during the contest, and yet will somehow just calmly accept that the televote result was completely legit when there are so many reasons not to think so. I feel that most of them have been way too accepting of the result and simply haven't dared to claim what was obvious to me as soon as it was announced: that Israel's televote result was achieved by outright cheating. Here's why.

Here's a way too long and disorganized list of all the points i have come up with. It's taken way too long to write and i'm finally getting my thoughts together to post it.

First of, the jury-televote difference. By itself, it's simply unprecedented. Never since the separation of jury and televote points was introduced (i'm not sure about the years before that) has there been such a big difference in this direction (more televotes). 52 jury points and 323 televote points. When the jury points were announced, i thought they couldn't possibly get much more in the televote, since that usually doesn't happen. While the reverse does, like for Australia and Sweden in 2018, for an entry to score so much more in the televote is unprecedented. There might be some case i'm forgetting, but it's never been this extreme.

The hosts themselves seemed to do a double take. Like, is it supposed to say 32 or 23? They may also have seen some earlier results of polls that didn't match up with the actual results. Which brings up the next question. Where the HELL did all that sudden support for Israel's entry come from? Is there NO questions to ask at all?

Israel was not in the top 5 of most countries who gave them so many televote points. They were not one of the most popular entries. They did not have the most plays on streaming or scored highly in polls before the contest. That alone should be reason to be suspicious as hell of the result.

The Italians who "accidentally" revealed a televote result in the semi on screen may have intended to expose the televote fraud going on. The only ones involved so far to raise this question has been the Slovenian broadcaster, who wants to investigate where those Israel votes came from, as you can read below:

So how did they do it? My first guess was that they simply hired people in all these countries with cheap phone accounts to spam votes for them, but the cost of sending so many votes (especially in the countries with high population) would be so enormous that it's more likely they found a cheaper way. They may have found out a way to send votes without having to pay for them, which has been rumored in several national selections including Melodifestivalen previously, but it's never been claimed to happen in the ESC. Or, they straight up hacked the televote systems somehow, possibly involving an insider.

While this sounds outlandish even to me, there are many clues pointing to it. For example, in the first semi there was a joke by the hosts about something like "hope our entire system isn't hacked, then nothing would work" that seemed very unusual and out of place. Was that a hint inserted by a writer who had heard rumors of what was going to happen?

Also, several Eurovision and related websites went down from a hacker attack in the hours right before the contest started. Could this be directly connected to the televote fraud, or was it done as a diversion to keep all IT staff busy while they performed the televote hack?

The early opening of the voting in the final may have given them more time to perform the hack and distribute the sending of the votes in a way that looked less suspicious. Was there a conspiracy with the Swedish team who decided to make this change, just in order to enable the cheating? It's outlandish, but such things too often turn out to be true.

Another "smoking gun" to me is the Ukraine televote results. Strangely, Israel did NOT appear to be in their televote top 10, despite Ukraine being one of the most pro-Israel countries in Europe, for reasons we don't need to get into, and Croatia being the only other country not to give Israel any points.

My guess is, Israel's hacking or cheating simply didn't work in Ukraine because they somehow used another system to collect and count televotes. Hell, maybe they didn't bother with Ukraine because they thought they would get enough votes there anyway. But my point is, if Israel can't even make 10th place in Ukraine, how did they get so much in other countries?

Overall, the voting for Israel didn't seem to follow any sensible pattern. It's not related to the countries' outright Israel support, it's not the largest countries in population or viewers that have a lower result for Israel. There is a certain tendency for Russia-friendly countries (who tend to disagree with Israel) giving slighly less, but they were still in the top 5 with many of them, and the lower results there may have been deliberate to not raise too much suspicion.

There is simply NO UNIVERSE in which Israel was more popular than Croatia in so many countries. Especially not among the people who are actually going to vote in the contest at all. I heard from so many who deliberately voted for Croatia and/or Switzerland just to keep Israel from winning the televote, even though they would never have won in total anyway. Yet Israel was 1st in Sweden and many other countries - and by how much, exactly? Typically actual voting figures are never revealed, but can we hope for that to change this year? If they don't reveal them, what are they hiding?

Then there's the slightly-defensive claim that Israel organized political campaigns to get Israel supporters to vote for them in droves. The problem is, there really aren't that many Israel supporters (they're just disproportionally visible, especially on the web), and from what i know about those people (all too much) they're extremely unwilling to give their own money for any such cause.

These ridiculous "campaigns" could barely get support in Swedish anti-Muslim hate forums, for example, they got laughed out with "why the hell would anyone care about that" from the most extreme Israel supporters you could imagine. Even there nobody cared. Those who said they voted for Israel on social media probably didn't, they just hoped that saying it would make others vote more.

I'm thinking the "vote for Israel" campaigns was if anything, a coverup to make the televote results seem more believable. But here's the thing: If there were no voting farms or hacking, or if it can't be proven, just the fact that they ran these campaigns is enough reason to invalidate the televote result by itself. They were clearly supported by the Israeli broadcaster KAN and their acting has breached so much ethics that it should be out of the question. It's simply not normal Eurovision behavior.

The fact that pro-Israeli genocide, anti-Muslim hate factories promoted voting for Israel should be considered a breach of ethics. Even if all the televotes were from actual (however dumb) people sending their expensive televotes on regular phones, which i'll go to my grave refusing to believe.

Not to mention their backstage behavior, intentionally provoking artists and delegations, succeeding in getting Netherlands disqualified and attempting the same thing against Ireland, Switzerland and surely more. I'm genuinely surprised i haven't heard a single thing about it from Croatia, being one of the predicted winners, but maybe the Croatian team just chose not to say anything about it.

The compromise i could see happening is to ban Israel for their backstage antics, but keep the voting fraud secret to protect the EBU and Swedish higher-ups who may have been involved. This would still be unsatisfactory to me. It's not just about banning Israel for the near future, it's about declaring the 2024 result invalid.

Because Israel is using the televote result to claim that people all over Europe support them, and the extreme pro-genocide haters see it as a sign that Europe wants a anti-Muslim genocide, even though there's almost no vocal support for Israel's actions in the public. That is why the result needs to be nullified. Because it is propaganda for Israel.

Hell, i'm not even against Israel in the contest entirely. I supported "Golden Boy" in 2015 for being a great comeback after sending nothing but unremarkable entries, and found the 2018-2022 entries all decent, even a bit underrated at times, but they also had no political significance, neither the songs themselves or by the circumstances of their participation.

Even the dreadful "Unicorn" had no subtext or forced political significance to the country, though the jury 2nd place was completely unwarranted. Which makes one wonder if they bribed the juries in 2023, thinking it would score super well with televotes, and since that didn't work so well, they went for hacking the televotes this year instead?

And where were all those fanatics whining about political bias when Israel actually sent good entries without political subtext? It only matters now because they have a genocide to defend!

Back then the pro-Israel lunatics didn't even care that Eurovision existed (though there was some usual whining when their 2013 and 2014 entries didn't make the final) and i saw their participation as being outside of the politics of the nation, like Russia when they were at their best (though Sergey's 2016 participation was made unnecessarily political, and their "peace anthems" were ridiculous and musically quite weak) but this year, there was just no way to separate their participation from politics.

I'm so sick of hearing that "Hurricane" wasn't political, used as a defense by the same people who obviously think it IS political, since they were so hysterical about supporting it. The same Israelis and pro-Israel shills who claim "it should be about music, not politics" cheer over the result of Israel this year, because to them it proves.... what? They said it wasn't political but now it is?

So to sum it up, the only way the EBU can prove they have any decency left is to essentially remove Israel's 2024 participation from ESC history, retroactively declaring it invalid. Everyone needs to be told that Israel cheated at the televote results. That would destroy its propaganda value. It won't bring any of their victims back, but it's the best the EBU can do.

ESC94

I'm of the opinion that Israel's televote result was the result of cheating, and their entire 2024 participation should be retroactively declared invalid. That is entirely possible, especially if the scandals that may soon be revealed result in Martin Österdahl or other higher-ups being sacked because of their involvement in this.

I'm disappointed with many of the Eurofans who objected to Israel's participation or how they acted during the contest, and yet will somehow just calmly accept that the televote result was completely legit when there are so many reasons not to think so. I feel that most of them have been way too accepting of the result and simply haven't dared to claim what was obvious to me as soon as it was announced: that Israel's televote result was achieved by outright cheating. Here's why.

Here's a way too long and disorganized list of all the points i have come up with. It's taken way too long to write and i'm finally getting my thoughts together to post it.

First of, the jury-televote difference. By itself, it's simply unprecedented. Never since the separation of jury and televote points was introduced (i'm not sure about the years before that) has there been such a big difference in this direction (more televotes). 52 jury points and 323 televote points. When the jury points were announced, i thought they couldn't possibly get much more in the televote, since that usually doesn't happen. While the reverse does, like for Australia and Sweden in 2018, for an entry to score so much more in the televote is unprecedented. There might be some case i'm forgetting, but it's never been this extreme.

The hosts themselves seemed to do a double take. Like, is it supposed to say 32 or 23? They may also have seen some earlier results of polls that didn't match up with the actual results. Which brings up the next question. Where the HELL did all that sudden support for Israel's entry come from? Is there NO questions to ask at all?

Israel was not in the top 5 of most countries who gave them so many televote points. They were not one of the most popular entries. They did not have the most plays on streaming or scored highly in polls before the contest. That alone should be reason to be suspicious as hell of the result.

The Italians who "accidentally" revealed a televote result in the semi on screen may have intended to expose the televote fraud going on. The only ones involved so far to raise this question has been the Slovenian broadcaster, who wants to investigate where those Israel votes came from, as you can read below:

So how did they do it? My first guess was that they simply hired people in all these countries with cheap phone accounts to spam votes for them, but the cost of sending so many votes (especially in the countries with high population) would be so enormous that it's more likely they found a cheaper way. They may have found out a way to send votes without having to pay for them, which has been rumored in several national selections including Melodifestivalen previously, but it's never been claimed to happen in the ESC. Or, they straight up hacked the televote systems somehow, possibly involving an insider.

While this sounds outlandish even to me, there are many clues pointing to it. For example, in the first semi there was a joke by the hosts about something like "hope our entire system isn't hacked, then nothing would work" that seemed very unusual and out of place. Was that a hint inserted by a writer who had heard rumors of what was going to happen?

Also, several Eurovision and related websites went down from a hacker attack in the hours right before the contest started. Could this be directly connected to the televote fraud, or was it done as a diversion to keep all IT staff busy while they performed the televote hack?

The early opening of the voting in the final may have given them more time to perform the hack and distribute the sending of the votes in a way that looked less suspicious. Was there a conspiracy with the Swedish team who decided to make this change, just in order to enable the cheating? It's outlandish, but such things too often turn out to be true.

Another "smoking gun" to me is the Ukraine televote results. Strangely, Israel did NOT appear to be in their televote top 10, despite Ukraine being one of the most pro-Israel countries in Europe, for reasons we don't need to get into, and Croatia being the only other country not to give Israel any points.

My guess is, Israel's hacking or cheating simply didn't work in Ukraine because they somehow used another system to collect and count televotes. Hell, maybe they didn't bother with Ukraine because they thought they would get enough votes there anyway. But my point is, if Israel can't even make 10th place in Ukraine, how did they get so much in other countries?

Overall, the voting for Israel didn't seem to follow any sensible pattern. It's not related to the countries' outright Israel support, it's not the largest countries in population or viewers that have a lower result for Israel. There is a certain tendency for Russia-friendly countries (who tend to disagree with Israel) giving slighly less, but they were still in the top 5 with many of them, and the lower results there may have been deliberate to not raise too much suspicion.

There is simply NO UNIVERSE in which Israel was more popular than Croatia in so many countries. Especially not among the people who are actually going to vote in the contest at all. I heard from so many who deliberately voted for Croatia and/or Switzerland just to keep Israel from winning the televote, even though they would never have won in total anyway. Yet Israel was 1st in Sweden and many other countries - and by how much, exactly? Typically actual voting figures are never revealed, but can we hope for that to change this year? If they don't reveal them, what are they hiding?

Then there's the slightly-defensive claim that Israel organized political campaigns to get Israel supporters to vote for them in droves. The problem is, there really aren't that many Israel supporters (they're just disproportionally visible, especially on the web), and from what i know about those people (all too much) they're extremely unwilling to give their own money for any such cause.

These ridiculous "campaigns" could barely get support in Swedish anti-Muslim hate forums, for example, they got laughed out with "why the hell would anyone care about that" from the most extreme Israel supporters you could imagine. Even there nobody cared. Those who said they voted for Israel on social media probably didn't, they just hoped that saying it would make others vote more.

I'm thinking the "vote for Israel" campaigns was if anything, a coverup to make the televote results seem more believable. But here's the thing: If there were no voting farms or hacking, or if it can't be proven, just the fact that they ran these campaigns is enough reason to invalidate the televote result by itself. They were clearly supported by the Israeli broadcaster KAN and their acting has breached so much ethics that it should be out of the question. It's simply not normal Eurovision behavior.

The fact that pro-Israeli genocide, anti-Muslim hate factories promoted voting for Israel should be considered a breach of ethics. Even if all the televotes were from actual (however dumb) people sending their expensive televotes on regular phones, which i'll go to my grave refusing to believe.

Not to mention their backstage behavior, intentionally provoking artists and delegations, succeeding in getting Netherlands disqualified and attempting the same thing against Ireland, Switzerland and surely more. I'm genuinely surprised i haven't heard a single thing about it from Croatia, being one of the predicted winners, but maybe the Croatian team just chose not to say anything about it.

The compromise i could see happening is to ban Israel for their backstage antics, but keep the voting fraud secret to protect the EBU and Swedish higher-ups who may have been involved. This would still be unsatisfactory to me. It's not just about banning Israel for the near future, it's about declaring the 2024 result invalid.

Because Israel is using the televote result to claim that people all over Europe support them, and the extreme pro-genocide haters see it as a sign that Europe wants a anti-Muslim genocide, even though there's almost no vocal support for Israel's actions in the public. That is why the result needs to be nullified. Because it is propaganda for Israel.

Hell, i'm not even against Israel in the contest entirely. I supported "Golden Boy" in 2015 for being a great comeback after sending nothing but unremarkable entries, and found the 2018-2022 entries all decent, even a bit underrated at times, but they also had no political significance, neither the songs themselves or by the circumstances of their participation.

Even the dreadful "Unicorn" had no subtext or forced political significance to the country, though the jury 2nd place was completely unwarranted. Which makes one wonder if they bribed the juries in 2023, thinking it would score super well with televotes, and since that didn't work so well, they went for hacking the televotes this year instead?

And where were all those fanatics whining about political bias when Israel actually sent good entries without political subtext? It only matters now because they have a genocide to defend!

Back then the pro-Israel lunatics didn't even care that Eurovision existed (though there was some usual whining when their 2013 and 2014 entries didn't make the final) and i saw their participation as being outside of the politics of the nation, like Russia when they were at their best (though Sergey's 2016 participation was made unnecessarily political, and their "peace anthems" were ridiculous and musically quite weak) but this year, there was just no way to separate their participation from politics.

I'm so sick of hearing that "Hurricane" wasn't political, used as a defense by the same people who obviously think it IS political, since they were so hysterical about supporting it. The same Israelis and pro-Israel shills who claim "it should be about music, not politics" cheer over the result of Israel this year, because to them it proves.... what? They said it wasn't political but now it is?

So to sum it up, the only way the EBU can prove they have any decency left is to essentially remove Israel's 2024 participation from ESC history, retroactively declaring it invalid. Everyone needs to be told that Israel cheated at the televote results. That would destroy its propaganda value. It won't bring any of their victims back, but it's the best the EBU can do.

To sum it up, you have absolutely NO evidence, only assumptions based on your own political stance on this matter. xbored

Last edited:

GermanBango

Well I wouldn't say it's cheating tbh. Quite frankly it looks to me like the Israeli government was simple able to activate their target group with their heavy ad campaign. Right wing nationalists throughout Europe also made their case for Israel. In the current debate we probably have an even split of very vocal Israel supporters and opponents. Keep in mind that in Eurovision one cannot downvote an entry. So while the supporters rallied behind Golan the opponents simply voted for any of the other 24 entries.

Lumina

What Israel had was simply the sum of solidarity for Israel. Israel didn’t even need that campaign.

For example: thousands of Germans didn’t even watch the contest but called out of solidarity (without knowing about the campaign). And it was the same in other countries.

Another example: Poland had a campaign out MUCH more than Israel. Much much more. I had adverts from Poland DAILY, on EVERY social media, after a few posts. (And they even didn’t qualify despite the campaign!! The campaign is not useful if you don’t have a good song or some topic that gets you popularity!)

I am an Israel supporter yet I saw Israel’s ads maybe only twice the whole time!!

And to add yet another example, Joost asked for volunteers all over the world helping him to find people to vote for him. He has written that on his Instagram group. He had hundred thousands to a million follower at that time (around the semi). Much more than Israel could ever mobilize! That’s the only reason he came second in the semi.

And, after all, it’s not the first time someone did ask for votes. Do you know how many ask for votes for Ukraine each year since 2022? It’s not that public but the ones who know, know. Why not? It’s not illegal. Why are people so silly to ask for EBU to go after Israel? It’s basically what every country does, each year.

You must not forget that Israel LAST YEAR won the televote TOO! It’s not that Israel can’t win without a war.

People are so crazy when it comes to defend their celebs and, for that sake, discredit their hated country , like they are 12 years old teens. Bye bye!

Last edited:

Romeo

Juries were always going to refuse to vote for Israel. They have some warped imagination that Israel defending themselves is wrong.

In the words of Molly “Power to the people”
GreenJolly “Razon and Bahato”!

The people votes for Eden! Juries are no longer needed and the ‘political / neighbour vote’ is no longer a thing!!

Uto

Veteran

It doesn't do anything and would rely on conjectures. In the Dutch context there is no need for cheating. Just fascists, alt-right trolls and extremist Jews and Jesus cultists coming together to all vote for Israel massively is well enough to cause it to win the Dutch televote. Israel might have influenced that directly, but it might not have. The mistake was made by EBU early on when Israel purposefully tried to politicize their participation to somehow whitewash a genocide. EBU was completely tone deaf there. Israel should have been banned outright. It is a mistake so egregious it should cause heads to roll at EBU and next year we should not see Israel at ESC as they should be banned for as long as the apartheid continues. I don't see how retroactively editing the results of this year helps anything or anyone. Could actually argue to let it stand as a warning sign.

ag89

Juries were always going to refuse to vote for Israel. They have some warped imagination that Israel defending themselves is wrong.

In the words of Molly “Power to the people”
GreenJolly “Razon and Bahato”!

The people votes for Eden! Juries are no longer needed and the ‘political / neighbour vote’ is no longer a thing!!
That is simply not true. Israel has been doing decently with juries on many occasions: 2009, 2010, 2016 (juries saved Israel), 2018 (won jury vote in SF and got high marks in the final). Last year it did decently with juries, as well.

ag89

Israel had some yet limited organic support this year, but most of its televote points came probably from a very organized, systematic political and media campaign. This year they targeted radical right wing supporters who normally do not watch ESC: these people voted for Israel. The Netherlands and Geert Wilders is one example of successful mobilization for Israel.

The second was media campaign everywhere: I even saw ads to vote for Israel here (in Bosnia) in different languages.

None of the things was illegal so I see no valid ground for declaring Israel's televote invalid. I also see no problem with ads and inviting people to vote. However, seeing radical right wingers gathering and mobilizing its forces for a country at ESC was somehow sad.

My opinion would be the same if any other country tried the same (saying it before someone put antisemitism stamp on me).

I still remembers ads for Malta in 2021 and how it turned against Malta, but Israel went step further and (probably) used more money and more political influence to impact its result at ESC.

Yet, with all campaigning, it still did not win. Even if we had only televote. Let's not forget Israel had again 12pts from ROTW. People mention high score in Italy (cca 26%) - but, still, 74% of people voted for other songs. What I am trying to say is, this gives you 12 pts of course, but it also shows such campaigns have at the end limited success.

Last edited:

GRE

I agree with Fluke, to me it's not that simple, as most people believe, it's something more.

SpZ

Even though the methods how Israel received a very large share of their televote are dubious (systematic state campaigning + mobilizing people who do not even watch ESC) - they are not in any way illegal. EBU should not declare those votes invalid, but should rather see if anything can be done to prevent similar things in the future. For example consider banning/limiting state sponsored add campaigns or limit the number of votes per phone, etc.

Fluke

If all the votes for Israel came from people using their own phones by their own will, it would still have been against the ethics of the contest. But it would take an unprecedented amount of organization for it to be that many in almost every country. The politically charged campaigns to vote for Israel were not effective. Hacking or voting farms is actually the easier explanation.

I think one reason anti-Israel people are unwilling to claim that the televote results are a result of cheating, is that just like the other side, they want to retain the notion that Israel has a huge popular support in Europe, to promote the idea that people need to be made "more educated" about the situation, that there isn't enough unbiased coverage of Israel, and that pro-Israel extremists are very plentiful and dangerous. It actually benefits their agenda to claim that the votes were real, which is more important than the actual issues of wether Israel cheated or not.

The fact is, actual Israel support is miniscule, even among ultra-conservatives, they are just disproportionally visible. And most ESC viewers - casual viewers, not hardcore Eurofans - were aware of the reasons and firmly decided not to vote for them. Also many thought Israel winning would simply ruin the contest, regardless of politics, and this had to be prevented by all means, this may have been a reason Croatia did so absurdly well, because they were seen by many as the main anti-Israel contestant.

I have to correct one thing: Israel actually scored 177 jury points and 185 televote points with "Unicorn", that's actually more points in the televote, but it still only made them 5th place in televote but 2nd with the juries. So depending on if you count points or placement, you could claim they did better with one or another, but there wasn't a big difference in points either way.

Hopefully, there will be more exposed on this in the near future. In which case, i can claim to be one of the few to call it.

jatojo

I read most of what you wrote - not all of it, since I also need to eat and sleep.

But you might want to consider why Israel were high in the odds from the beginning. That must have been because the bookmakers believed that Israel would get a lot of sympathy votes. Surely the bookmakers weren't in on the conspiracy too?

Why would Sweden or the EBU want Israel to cheat? Doesn't make sense.

I didn't get the hype about Ukraine in 2022 either. I don't see why I should vote for such a thing as a song just to show my support for a country. It's basically nonsense to me. But apparently not to the majority of people. So sometimes the world is just different from what you want it to be.

Having said that, I do think it would be relevant to have a control group to ask. Like 100 random people who are sitting in one big room voting. That would give us an indication of how reliable the televote results are.

esc87fan

I've also experienced posts in the main Facebook group that I'm part of that there were people starting campaigns asking everyone to dump all their votes on Croatia in the final believing (and I quote) that "Baby Lasagna was the only one that could save the contest". I ignored those posts as I had already planned in advance to put all my votes on Switzerland because I loved the song and Nemo's performance was incredible

Fluke

Not sure you even understand how the odds work. Enough people placed their bets on Israel because they thought they would win and bettering the odds would make the win seem more legit, nothing more to that.

It actually doesn't take that much money to severely better the odds for an entry, not sure how much but i keep hearing that it's much less than most would think. I think Eurofans are putting a little too much trust in the odds when they repeatedly turn out to be wrong, and the odds might actually affect voting as well.

It's been long recognized here that the reason the EBU allowed Israel to compete and didn't do more about the ongoings this year, is that the main sponsor for the contest has been Moroccanoil since 2020, an Israeli company with strong ties to pro-war groups. It's kind of odd that they haven't been called out for this before, but they've managed to keep any obvious political meddling out of plain sight until now.

I actually just found out that their sponsorship runs out with this edition, so hopefully they'll find a non-Israeli sponsor next. Maybe because it was their last year they decided they could screw it up as much as they want, since they're going away from influencing the contest anyway.

We'll see if anything comes out of this through official channels in the end. If it doesn't, i'll probably still believe they cheated, though.

By the way... where was the support for Israel when they sent a black woman in 2021 and a flamboyant gay man in 2022.... i wonder?!?

HarryUK

Veteran
I wouldn't say it's invalid. There were clear boycott's from some of the more extreme pro-Palestine supporters which left room for the Zionists to vote politically

shameless

Even if we don't like the result I think it was done with legitimate tools. We should just accept it and move on. I doubt it would be good for any Eurovision fan to extent what was a very unpleasant experience by starting a petition or so. The world - and I am sure everyone individually - has bigger problems.
If the EBU should've allowed Israel to compete in first place is another question.

Romeo

Israel had some yet limited organic support this year, but most of its televote points came probably from a very organized, systematic political and media campaign. This year they targeted radical right wing supporters who normally do not watch ESC: these people voted for Israel. The Netherlands and Geert Wilders is one example of successful mobilization for Israel.

The second was media campaign everywhere: I even saw ads to vote for Israel here (in Bosnia) in different languages.

None of the things was illegal so I see no valid ground for declaring Israel's televote invalid. I also see no problem with ads and inviting people to vote. However, seeing radical right wingers gathering and mobilizing its forces for a country at ESC was somehow sad.

My opinion would be the same if any other country tried the same (saying it before someone put antisemitism stamp on me).

I still remembers ads for Malta in 2021 and how it turned against Malta, but Israel went step further and (probably) used more money and more political influence to impact its result at ESC.

Yet, with all campaigning, it still did not win. Even if we had only televote. Let's not forget Israel had again 12pts from ROTW. People mention high score in Italy (cca 26%) - but, still, 74% of people voted for other songs. What I am trying to say is, this gives you 12 pts of course, but it also shows such campaigns have at the end limited success.
My 20 votes went to Israel. That wasn’t organised, systematically political, nor anything regarding a social media campaign. I voted for my favourite song.

Top Bottom