14 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
This song is way too dramatic in an artificial way. In general it doesn’t feel authentic at all. I don’t like his voice too. It’s not totally bad though. :5: points
This sums it up perfectly, I think. It sounds artificial and too dramatic and even though it is an important content right now regarding the war, the lyrics sound too clicheed in my eyes. :5: also from me.

Nella

Not bad but not really good either, it was very repetitive and I still forgot all of it after 2 minutes. I feel like Switzerland could also benefit from going back to the non-english songs, they do have many official languages to choose from.

:4:

I bims

Veteran
I do not like how he projects his voice to sound deeper than it probably is. Doesn't sound authentic to me, which immediately kills any chance of a sad boy ballad like this to work at all for me.
I hate hate hate hate hate hate the "soldier soldier". You want to say something but you already ran out of words to fill a sentence? Repeating the word soldier really doesn't add any depth or meaningfulness, it sounds like lazy writing and just empahsizes how repetitive this whole song is. You would think in a time like this you would have more to say about war.

If you want to sing about war, then you better have something to say. This just sounds calculated to fish for some points, which doesn't sit right with me.

:2: points for me, likely won't qualify because the jury won't carry you again. Give us a banger like "She got me" in french next year, Switzerland, please. Or anything sung by a woman for once.

Deleted member 12761

I find the lyrics weird especially coming from Switzerland. It sounds very formulaic. It's not a bad songs but I don't know if I like it or not. :7: points.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasse braun

big flop think so - another scheme F ballad far away from the class of "bridges".
reaching the final will be very tough for my south neighbours.
xqueenbitch

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
For me, it‘s a bit more structured than Cyprus and there are some enjoyable melodic moments. Overall not a standout and definitively weaker than Marius last year. Might grow on me because I love his voice a lot. :6: for the moment but I can already sense the :7:

aef

I hope that :ch: will finally try something different next year. An uptempo banger, a duo, female slutpop, a band… I don’t know. But please no more sad and overdramatic boys.

Loindici

Veteran
This is the same "if it aint broke don't fix" problem we have with Netherlands, but Netherlands knew better what's working.

This one, however, is a beautifully made but predictable as heck song that doesn't even feel vanilla. This is just plain.

:2: for now

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
I hope that :ch: will finally try something different next year. An uptempo banger, a duo, female slutpop, a band… I don’t know. But please no more sad and overdramatic boys.
And please not in english. Singing french did them wonders. Maybe something in italian or german next time? We never get some uptempo bangers that aren't sung in english. Spanish if we're lucky.

crashworld

Veteran
Luckily it isn't really Cyprus 2.0. But the thing is, the song didn't really peak like what I want it to and the climax of the song came in too late, just like Azerbaijan 2022. Juries will respect this, but that is only if it makes it to the final. I do like his voice, such a juxtaposition to his boyish looks. The song, I am not sure that I really like it. Giving this a :6: coz I do like how polished the production of the song is despite the flaws of the composition.

Loindici

Veteran
And please not in english. Singing french did them wonders. Maybe something in italian or german next time? We never get some uptempo bangers that aren't sung in english. Spanish if we're lucky.

Or, an Italian-singing women. Be not like Italy, you Swiss delegation!

Sabrewulf238

I think this will struggle in the televote only semis.

I feel like if Boys Do Cry couldn't make it based on the televote then I'm not convinced this one has much of a chance. Especially in such a tough semi. Could see this fighting with The Netherlands, Latvia and Malta for the last spot. (not sure if it would win that fight though)

Don't really care for the song on first listen. Kind of below average for me. Gave it a :4:.

Top Bottom