• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Loindici

Veteran

Sammy

Veteran
Is this a rip-off of insomnia by faithless ?
Sweden? doing a rip-off? Never heard of that! Impossible! Unthinkable... :mrgreen::lol:

But that's a coincidence.
And it's not like this was the most repeated part in the whole song, or that this basically was the whole song.

And Marcus said (roughly translated from a quote at a german blog): "I think there were far worse cases of plagiarism at ESC" (which means - this is one?)

But you see - they were born years after insomnia came out. And we all know that therefore they could not, under no circumstances, have known that song... I mean if there was such a thing where you could watch online music videos from whatever year as often as you want to, than it would be different, but until such a platform will be invented.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(btw. there's the blog I'm referring to: https://esc-kompakt.de/melodifestiv...svorwuerfe-gegen-siegerbeitrag-unforgettable/)

Last edited:

b4ld3r

All of the top 16 songs in the Spotify charts are from Melfest. As long as the songs are dominating this much, and the viewing figures still are this massive, SVT are not changing anything. Even if we don't place top ten.

Songwise, this year was a real stinker. :( But at least there was a small step in the right direction where we got a properly big artist (Fröken Snusk) taking part. Literally can't remember last time that happened. Hopefully we get to see more of that next year! This is the only contest with popularity and legacy on a similar level to Sanremo, why can't we get actual stars as well...?

Marcus and Martinus' staging is pretty impressive, it will be interesting to see how they manage to translate it to Malmö's 360 stage. But this is by far the worst song we've sent since the Mamas, unfortunately. I'm also so sick of the Jimmy Joker sound. This and Austria's song and Maria Sur's song all just melt together in my head into a big techo mush...

Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

Sweden? doing a rip-off? Never heard of that! Impossible! Unthinkable... :mrgreen::lol:

But that's a coincidence.
And it's not like this was the most repeated part in the whole song, or that this basically was the whole song.

And Marcus said (roughly translated from a quote at a german blog): "I think there were far worse cases of plagiarism at ESC" (which means - this is one?)

But you see - they were born years after insomnia came out. And we all know that therefore they could not, under no circumstances, have known that song... I mean if there was such a thing where you could watch online music videos from whatever year as often as you want to, than it would be different, but until such a platform will be invented.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(btw. there's the blog I'm referring to: https://esc-kompakt.de/melodifestiv...svorwuerfe-gegen-siegerbeitrag-unforgettable/)
Darling this is Eurovision let's get real, originality isn't exactly the main ingredient

FilipFromSweden

That felt like The Barbie movie being a capitalist/patriarch-hating vehicle sponsored by Mattel. If the parody is done by the same people who are and will continue exactly the same sh*t regardless of making fun of it, its not funny at all but pretty depressing.
You must be fun at parties

VikingTiger

I am kind of hoping that the juries this year will be a bit more diverse. After the Loreen/Kaarija discussions last year there were many voices advocating for less pop-influenced jury memembers. If Sweden ends up top 3 in the juries (or even top 5) in 2024 as well I will finally loose faith... I have been a strong supporter of the juries all through the years. But this year there are many entries that should place higher than Unforgettable. Yes it's catchy, the staging is good, it's radio friendly - but that should not be enough for exaggerated "jury-love" this year.
So far this is my number 16 (the studio version would probably be lower though)

Biste

It's a great production and performance, I can't see it not finishing top 5, knowing how jury & public are voting nowadays.

I want to hear this in pre-COVID ESC days though, without being able to have the backing vocals on the audio track... The backing support is soooooooooo heavy. Unfortunately that's part of the game and we all know the Swedes know how to play the game.

FilipFromSweden

Honey, there‘s a difference between blandness and plagiarism.
Also there‘s one between a serious argument and sarcasm.xkiss
you wrote an entire essay! didnt know it was sarcasm

FilipFromSweden

It's a great production and performance, I can't see it not finishing top 5, knowing how jury & public are voting nowadays.

I want to hear this in pre-COVID ESC days though, without being able to have the backing vocals on the audio track... The backing support is soooooooooo heavy. Unfortunately that's part of the game and we all know the Swedes know how to play the game.
Go listen to the raw mic feed video that has gone viral on Twitter, Marcus & Martinus had some of the best vocals this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGczdzN5TSo

Jupiter

Go listen to the raw mic feed video that has gone viral on Twitter, Marcus & Martinus had some of the best vocals this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGczdzN5TSo
Some of the best vocals in Melfast? I guess so. But while they're competent, I don't hear anything at all that would count them among the stronger vocalists among the Eurovision line-up. Their vocals should likely not be a big point grabber, in contrast to Loreen last year.

ESC94

I have the same issues I often have with entries from :se:. From a technical standpoint there´s absolutely nothing wrong with the song, perfectly produced and the visuals are also interesting. But for me too much perfection isn´t a compliment, it feels completely sterile for me, I seet it and don´t feel ANYTHING. The fact that they´re not the most charismatic performers either and that I don´t really like their voices doesn´t help either. :(

I give them :3:, I can somehow listen to it but it just doesn´t do anything for me. I can see them getting a good jury result as always but I can see this doing much worse in the televoting.

Ezio

Veteran
So convenient with the new rules

Top Bottom