12 7.7%

4 2.6%

15 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

ixic

We are kindly asking Sweden to show the faces of their peformers, and not to hide them in the dark and behind the stage effects.
This is one of the worst stagings ever due to overeffecting. Song itself is ok.

Last edited:

Realest

German Juries and also people are known for giving many points to bland and generic songs, so M&M will receive many points. Congrats, Sweden!

German Televoters and Juries usually voted for the Favourites with a few Exceptions:

2023: Juries :se::ee::au: TV: :fi::it::al:
2022: Juries :uk::ua::es: TV: :ua::md::pl:
2021: Juries :fr::ch::mt: TV: :lt::fr::fi:
2019: Juries :it::au::nl: TV: :no::ch::ru:
2018: Juries :se::at::ie: TV: :it::il::cz:

Jupiter

Okay, glad to see that and to know German people actually tend to think. Why don't they do this when it comes to their own entry? :unsure:

Probably in large parts it's not the same people voting. I know a lot of German ESC fans - but they don't care about our national final...

As for Germany giving points to M&M: we only gave 1 to Loreen (the only country givibg her less was Finland), so I'm at least kinda hopeful the german public will blank this forgettable entry :sneaky:

Sabrewulf238

I must admit that the song doesn't suit its name. It's very much forgettable. The stage design is very nice, although very reminiscent of Benjamin Ingrosso, or Danny Saucedo un MF a few years ago... It should do well in ESC but...

Interesting that a lot of people are comparing this to Benjamin Ingrosso.

I had the same impression.

It might do a bit better but I wouldn't be entirely shocked at a televote flop or at least an underwhelming televote.

shameless

This song combines everything I hate about the typical swedish ESC-entry: it's overproduced, style over substance, performed by two non-charismatic matinee idols and had the usual repetitive lyrics of your usual swedish entry (their lack of vision is embarassing). Why to compose a proper song with actual lyrics and not just the repetition of the same line 60 times when it's always working? Too bad that not only the rest of the selection was the same, that is in general the defintion of Melodifestivalen and the worst is, that Sweden always gets away with it.
3/12, actively rooting against it and hoping for an Ingrosso-like public vote.

crashworld

Veteran
This is like the nth reiterations of Benjamin's song back in 2018. It's another typical polished Swede pop that people who want originality will hate. I didn't mind Benjamin's voice but the boys' voices are grating. Expect another polished and soulless staging to back this up. Giving this a :5: because it's just so expected and yet offers nothing exciting but still better than half of the crap we go.

Edit: The ESC playlist I had on just put this song and UK's song back to back and they sound almost the same in terms of production wise. But UK's one is superior.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
After a few years away, I'm returning to my roots. I'm turning back to the old me. The person I was in the mid-2010s.* A jealous Sweden hater.

There's something kind of endearing about the fact that the vibe of this is more along the lines of the old-style preening, bombastic MelFest prettyboys I hated. But it's not like I miss them. Lord, I'm tempted to give this a :0: but don't want to return too much to the old me, and I do think somebody--no one involved but somebody--could save that synth line. So I'll give this a generous :1:.

1KIBsuF.gif

*Gosh, I hated that person: hostile, belligerent, conflict-happy, I'm grateful for ESCUnited giving me an outlet in those years that had some guardrails around me and also grateful that I stuck around long enough to become friends with the people who had to put up with that now that we've all grown up a little.

mauve

Veteran
Probably in large parts it's not the same people voting. I know a lot of German ESC fans - but they don't care about our national final...
Okay, that would be an explanation indeed!

I think "Unforgettable" will do well with the Juries - let's see how the public will react, maybe Ingrosso 2nd?

FilipFromSweden

I think Benjamin's performance was more closed off, it didn't offer the hand to the audience in the way that Marcus & Martinus performance does. There is more contact with the camera, more diverse moments and 4 dancers, so to me it's a mix of the music video approach and the arena-live-song that usually is really succesful in Eurovision. Unforgettable is like a bunch of friends gone clubbing while Dance You Off is more like a photoshoot.

With that said I think it will get at least 100 televote points but for sure less than 200.

Franzilein

Yeah, I also think M&M sell this incredibly well live. I tried listening to the studio record and I can definitely see why people don't like it, in isolation it's quite underwhelming. But they make it work on stage, the energy is off the charts. And in an arena full of supportive Swedes, this is going to be a banger :lol:

Top Bottom