4 2.4%

16 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Loindici

Veteran
This song is a delight, fresh and effortless. It's also something new to Sweden and I think in a year of chaos bops and wild boys, this is the right choice. It would stand out enough.
Obviously it is fresh as it introduces epiphany in the backseat of someone's car, like what the hell is this lyric about.

Datura

listened to te finalists and gotta say my faves are
Cazzi Opeia (bit sad that it doesn't seem to get much appeal, i think it's really catchy and i like the colourful staging aswell, borderline annoying but not yet :D hate to say it but i'm afraid she not classically pretty enough for people to vote for her. a shame, i like it)
and Jacqline (something is missing here but still it's really good and the staging is great though i could live with a little less leg-spreading-dancing...)

i think Dannys song is my fave of him, but it's still very generic
Marcus & Martinus have of course a quite impressive staging, but the song itself is a big nothing and i think air had more charme. and they totally rip of several Faithless hits in the instrumental parts.
i don't like Maria Surs song either, it doesn't really go anywhere and seems generic AF
i enjoy Dotter but i don't think it's special enough to really make an impact. and the staging is not very creative imo
Smash into Pieces are super disappointing this year for me, the song has absolute cliche lyrics and is basically a popschalger with guitars. and their gimmick has worn off aswell imo
Medina had something fun last time, this time it's too ballermann for me (but damn catchy 😒😅)
Liamoos song is also generic af imo
and Lisa Ajax song is for me personally the one here i like the least

the 2 AC songs dont do much for me, both alright for Radio bjt not for esc

so yea my faves would be
1. Cazzi Opeia / Jacquline
3. Dotter
4. Danny
5. Marcus & Martinus
6. Medina
7. Liamoo
8. Smash into Pieces
9. Maria Sur
10. Anna Wickihalder
11. Jay Smith
12. Lisa Ajax

Last edited:

lasse braun

The only stunning thing about this NF is as mentioned the staging of M&M, but with a really boring song. Dotter's and Jacqline's songs also are meaningless. Songwise Dotter had better times, her vocals are even shaky. None of those songs should be in the top 10 in May, but probably will be because it's Sweden and the Juries will help.
ok,agree here but in this field dotter shines as the tower of music.
xqueenbitch

lasse braun

Do you mean Dotter for real (cause I neither find her performance nor her song interesting) or is your post a subtle allusion to Luna? ;)
junge!
this is the swedish thread. :D
all things about the goddess of the moon is in the polish thread. xheart

FilipFromSweden

Seeing the whole thing, I kinda loved Marcus & Martinus please don't hate me. Medina is also a favorite

Loindici

Veteran
Running order for the final...

1. Maria Sur
2. Jay Smith
3. Lisa Ajax
4. Smash Into Pieces
5. Cazzi Opeia
6. Annika Wickihalder
7. Marcus & Martinus
8. Dotter
9. Medina
10. Liamoo
11. Jacqline
12. Danny Saucedo
Guys we kinda forgot about this.

Think the producers saw Jacqline's potential here. Dotter after M&M doesn't sound too good. And why the hell is Danny closing the final???? (But at the same time... it makes sense)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Sweden are never going for it, but do you know who is secretly a really good choice in this seemingly hopeless final?

I am dead serious. When in doubt, pick someone who is capable of outselling their song.

Realest

:de:s Jurypoints to :se: the last few Years:

2023: 12 in the Final
2022: 7 in the Semi / 7 in the Final
2021: 12 in the Semi / 4 in the Final
2019: 7 in the Semi / 2 in the Final
2018: 12 in the Semi / 12 in the Final
2017: 4 in the Final
2016: 10 in the Final
2015: 10 in the Semi / 10 in the Final
2014: 4 in the Final
2013: 12 in the Final
2012: 12 in the Final

Hope this gets rewarded with a german Jury this Saturday.

FilipFromSweden

Sweden are never going for it, but do you know who is secretly a really good choice in this seemingly hopeless final?

I am dead serious. When in doubt, pick someone who is capable of outselling their song.
I looove the song but people always complain Sweden sends the same thing - to me this is instead what we often send, it's like a mix of John Lundvik's and Tusse's song.

FilipFromSweden

Sweden still being 6th in the odds to win is wild and clearly just based on their track record because this final.. well it isn't it
No I can see it, M&M has great potential to be a jury winner at ESC so ofc 6th in the odds is justified

Realest

Annika is alright, but doesnt have the same Potential at Eurovision like M+M, Mary Sue and Jacqeline.

Franzilein

One can argue about the quality of songs, but Sweden's stagings are always clean af. All of them are nice to look at.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
finished my reviews for the site. This was the order i ultimately ranked the finalists in.

jacqline > annika > cazzi opeia > medina > danny > maria > m&m > dotter > liamoo > jay > lisa > smash into pieces

It's less bad than I remembered it, but it's still the worst finale since the pandemic. I personally just hope Sweden dodge M&M and below, as those songs are empty voids by bad performers.

Danny's biggest problem is just danny himself? Happy that you found me is like... okay, serviceable EDM? It has a sweet message too, and it would actually find resonance with viewers if the words weren't sung by a person physically incapable of humility.

Otherwise, well, Jacqline or bust. :-)

jatojo

I don't get AT ALL why M&M are so clear favourites to win. Of course, it has something to do with the weak year, but still ...

Besides, I don't get why countries invite people from other countries to their contests. The point of Eurovision should be that artists from different nations meet and compete. If it's already mixed, the concept has no relevance anymore.

WWE

If "Air" was this year, Marcus and Martinus would have sliced through Melfest like hot knife through butter. However, their song is not "Air" and it kinda sucks and everything else in the final is aggressively mid.

Except for Medina. Their performance makes me happy. They should win, but probably won't.

Top Bottom