12 7.7%

4 2.6%

15 9.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Realest

Now that all the Fillers are out, the Line-Up is insane.

Cant wait to do and share my Ranking tomorrow.

Fluke

Really angry about the result right now, but i'm trying to stick with my initial impressions:

M&M - First off, one of the most stunning stagings i've ever seen, in MF OR in ESC. The song is really weak. The vocals are adequate, but not showcased enough and it feels repetitive and anticlimactic. Really hope it doesn't win.

Controlla - What is it with these kind of entries and everyone wearing orange? That's literally the only thing to say about it.

Elecktra - LEGENDARY. Will be a cult hit for sure. She got the lowest score from all but the 16-29 age group though, which is pretty much a first.

Annika Wickihalder - Zzzzzz.

Medina - Really weak and cliched song, no message at all unlike their previous entry. Hope this doesn't do well, and if this is all they can do i don't want to see them again in MF either.

Jay Smith - Would have made the final in American Song Contest. That's the nicest thing i can say about it. Unfortunately it made the final here too. As soon as the points were announced, i was trying to figure out who the hell even voted for it, but i realize now (as everyone else here) that both entries from heat 5 made the final, which i hope will make some kinda public upset now.

No doubt Fröken Snusk and Gunilla or Scarlet would have made it if it wasn't for this mishap, and all three of them happened to be my favorites this year, Gunilla not so much, but i'm pretty much left with nothing to really root for now. Unlike a lot of others here, i don't want to see Andra Chansen come back, i always thought it was unnecessary, but i think they could just slim it down to 4 heats with 3 straight-up qualifiers from each.

And skip the damn age groups too. Who votes more should count more. There's no reason to privilege the votes of people who don't watch MF and don't care about the result. Plus, you can set any age group you want in the app anyway, it seems nobody even thinks about that.

So who is there to root for in the final now? Smash Into Pieces, basically, as weak as their song is, as mediocre their vocals, and watered down their type of "metal", it would at least be something different for Sweden. That's it.

M&M would be an ooookaaayyyy choice, but i don't think it's healthy to send something so typical for Sweden's entries. Jacqline, Liamoo, Cazzi Opeia, even Dotter, sure, good for them, especially the first, but the songs just aren't good enough for me. So i guess SIP and Jacqline are my, very half-hearted choices.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
My ranking of the final as it stands at the moment:

01. Jacqline
02. Lisa Ajax
03. Dotter
04. Maria Sur
05. Annika Wickihalder

06. Medina
07. Marcus & Martinus

08. Cazzi Opeia
09. Liamoo
10. Danny Saucedo

11. Smash Into Pieces
12. Jay Smith

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I want to join in on the tofu ranking festivities..

01. Jacqline - Effortless (10/10)
02. Danny Saucedo - Happy That You Found Me (7/10)
03. Medina - Que Sera (6/10)
04. Cazzi Opeia - Give My Heart a Break (6/10)
05. Annika Wickihalder - Light (6/10)
06. Smash Into Pieces - Heroes Are Calling (5/10)
07. Dotter - It's Not Easy to Write a Love Song (5/10)
08. Marcus & Martinus - Unforgettable (5/10)
09. Maria Sur - When I’m Gone (4/10)
10. Jay Smith - Back to My Roots (3/10)
11. Lisa Ajax - Awful Liar (3/10)
12. LIAMOO - Dragon (3/10)

Effortless is as good as I remember it being. As I said before, the song is like a 10 pointer, but that performance is a 12. Overall it's such a banger and would make for a fabulous host entry. Jacqline has got it going on! I don't really like anything else. Danny's song is ok, although not his best. I like that one where he was stumbling about that shaky cardboard house more.

Realest

Mary Sue is leading at Eurovision Scoreboard.

Chalphon

So here's my top 30 ranking with commentary:
  1. Jacqline – Effortless (stellar performance and a winning song all mashed into one)
  2. Danny Saucedo – Happy that you found me (banger, I'm putting him in his usual spot, second place)
  3. Medina – Que sera sera (fun and catchy, I do prefer ”in i dimman” though tbh)
  4. Melinda Borglowe – Min melodi (beautiful song with beautiful lyrics)
  5. Dear Sara – The silence after you (pretty song skillfully sung)
  6. Klaudy – För dig (gorgeous belting in the chorus)
  7. Cazzi Opeia – Give my heart a break (catchy and very Cazzi)
  8. Lia Larsson – 30 km/h (this is a bop and she is a delight)
  9. Maria Sur – When I'm gone (stronger than her last effort but not strong enough)
  10. Engmans Kapell – Norrland (don't think this translates well but it is very Swedish pop in a timeless manner)
  11. Jay Smith – Back to my roots (long time no see, love his voice, not his country-side as much though)
  12. Annika Wickihalder – Light (well written and her voice is gorgeous, not strong enough to be a serious contender though)
  13. Chelsea Muco – Controlla (fun but easily forgotten)
  14. Adam Woods – Supernatural (is going somewhere at first but never really arrives)
  15. Clara Klingenström – Aldrig mer (harmless in every way)
  16. Samir & Viktor – Hela världen väntar (catchy as per usual but they bring nothing new)
  17. Fröken Snusk – Unga & Fria (for the kids I guess, also sounds like a rip off of ”dra ner på byn” with Lia Larsson)
  18. Dotter – It's not easy to write a love song (not up to par with her other efforts)
  19. Elisa Lindström – Forever yours (sounds 15-20 years old)
  20. Lasse Stefanz – En sång om sommaren (it is what it is, they do their thing)
  21. Lisa Ajax – Awful liar (meh song, needs a song worthy of her vocals)
  22. Liamoo – Dragon (just give him a good song already, not this, and let him rap)
  23. Markus & Martinus – Unforgettable (don't get the hype, completely forgetable and the dance break is cringe)
  24. C-Joe – Ahumma (had potential but the vocals were not enough)
  25. Kim Cesarion – Take my breath away (a bit meh tbh but has gotten good rotation on Swedish radio)
  26. Albin Tingwall – Done getting over you (can't move to the beat, looks amateurish)
  27. Elektra – Banne mig (sounds 15-20 years ago with bad vocals)
  28. Scarlet – Circus X (they claim to be metal but sounds EDM, no thnx. As a metal head I'm cringing)
  29. Gunilla Persson – I won't shake (La la Gunilla) (they drowned her in background vocals because she's not a singer)
  30. Smash into pieces – Heroes are calling (I just can't with these toxic masculinity dudes)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Once again a final that bores me - it was clear that Scarlet wouldn't make it. Oh well.

We can blame the system they used tonight for that. Scarlet were 4th, really close in points to qualifying. The two that made it were the heat 5 songs, the only ones that performed tonight. Fröken Snusk, Scarlet and Gunilla, heck even some others would have had good chances if it was a regular Andra Chansen heat where they could actually, you know... perform xhelp

Citelis

That's an amazing line-up. xheart

1. Cazzi Opeia – Give my heart a break :12:
2. Dotter – It's not easy to write a love song :12:
3. Maria Sur – When I'm gone :12:
4. Liamoo – Dragon :12:
5. Markus & Martinus – Unforgettable :10:
6. Jacqline - Effortless :10:
7. Medina - Que Sera :10:
8. Smash into pieces – Heroes are calling :10:
9. Jay Smith - Back to My Roots :8:
10. Annika Wickihalder - Light :7:
11. Danny Saucedo - Happy That You Found Me :6:
12. Lisa Ajax - Awful Liar :3:

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
So 4 songs from the last heat qualified, and it was the weakest heat imo. Scandalous new system, RIP Fröken Snusk & Scarlet....

Overall it's been a great selection this year (unpopular opinion I know).

01. Danny Saucedo - Happy That You Found Me (10/10)
02. Lisa Ajax - Awful Liar (10/10)
03. Maria Sur - When I’m Gone (9/10)
04. Cazzi Opeia - Give My Heart a Break (7/10)
05. Jacqline - Effortless (7/10)
06. Dotter - It's Not Easy to Write a Love Song (7/10)
07. Marcus & Martinus - Unforgettable (6/10)
08. LIAMOO - Dragon (6/10)
09. Medina - Que Sera (5/10)
10. Annika Wickihalder - Light (3/10)
11. Smash Into Pieces - Heroes Are Calling (2/10)
12. Jay Smith - Back to My Roots (1/10)

ArmpitOfEurope

Lisa's song this year is what the first world of its title says that it is BUT shes in an exceptional vocalist and her vocals truly shine on ballads.

Loindici

Veteran
Only just listened to M&Ms song, are they singing about the same girl? Are they going to share? Very strange
Maybe she wasn't a girl after all

Top Bottom