4 2.4%

16 9.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
I've been following Melodifestivalen since 2009 and whilst I believe that the overall quality has somehow decreased, Sweden was still able to offer many competitive entries and compelling performances every year. Even in a "weak" Melodifestivalen edition, I found 2-4 entries I wholeheartedly supported and which would've totally ended up being part of my personal Top 10 in May, respectively.
But this year it feels pretty different. I'll still wait for the full versions of the songs of heat 5 but the snippets sound quite generic, uninspired and lacklustre again. Alright but underwhelming.
I really hope it's going to be Jacqeline vs. Dotter next week.

That said, :se: won't be part of my Top 15 this year and we're still expecting 14 entries to be released (so there's a chance :se: will be out of my Top 20 anyway - even "if" Dotter or Jacqeline wins next week).

I'm genuinely disappointed.

randajad

Veteran
I've been following Melodifestivalen since 2009 and whilst I believe that the overall quality has somehow decreased, Sweden was still able to offer many competitive entries and compelling performances every year. Even in a "weak" Melodifestivalen edition, I found 2-4 entries I wholeheartedly supported...
THIS

Like not a single song. It is very weird.

EscGeek

Veteran
Medina is cool.

But i hereby declare Jacqline as my Melodifestivalen 2024 winnerxyaaay

Now i'll need @Realest to hype Jacqline. With his power she might just make it and represent Sweden. :mrgreen:x12points

njdevils94

Veteran
Marcus & Martinus' song sounds even weaker than Air. I get they are the heavy favorites in the odds currently and iy might win but by accident because the Swedish public votes in mysterious ways but it looks like the Norwegian promotion twins main reason for being at Melodifestivalen again is mostly for promotion.

Despite the title Unforgettable doesn't have any bite and is very run of the mill to me from that snippet. Don't believe this is the best they could come up with if they really wanted to go to ESC. It seems this year of Melfest will be pretty wide open.

tsegaye

I have heard and seen the final songs in full now, I feel like the final will be an open race which we havn't seen since 2017. Exciting, but equally terrifying.

Medina's song is banging. Marcus & Martinus' show is really good, but I don't feel impressed enough by the song.

Fluke

Elecktra seems gloriously bad. It's everything we expected Gunilla Persson to be, and were disappointed. Def gonna vote for this.

The others do nothing to me. M&M's song seems very weak and cliched, really doubt they will win. None of the others stand out.

In the final, i'm gonna be rooting for Fröken Snusk, Scarlet, or Smash Into Pieces if the first two doesn't make the final.

FilipFromSweden

I'm unusually annoyed by the bookies. 45% chance for Marcus and Martinus? I get that they have an easy to swallow song and an extremely well produced number but that doesn't mean another song can swoop in like in 2013 and 2017. Besides M&M I could see Liamoo, Jacqline or Dotter or even Medina taking it.

FabiESC

01 Medina – Que Sera 9/10
02 Marcus & Martinus – Unforgettable 7/10
03 Jay Smith – Back To My Roots 6/10
04 Chelsea Muco – Controlla 5/10
05 Annika Wickihalder – Light 5/10
06 Elecktra – Banne maj 4/10

I hoped for the best heat of all, but this is one of weakest heats. Medina is strong entry, but they last entry was stronger, but i like that too. Marcus & Martinus, i don't know what to say, but is this the same song from last year? i didn't see this as a winner. Jay Smith is ok, i litte bit old-fashion pop song. Chelsea & Annika are boring, but ok. To Elecktra this is funny, but not more.

My prediction:

F Marcus & Martinus
F Medina
-
3th Annika Wickihalder
4th Jay Smith
-
5th Chelsea Muco
6th Elecktra

Overall my faves are Danny Saucedo and Jacqline, i hope one of them will win MF.

FilipFromSweden

I am having Dance You Off war flashbacks from M&M

empo21

Veteran
Chelsea Muco, go girl, give us nothing

I'm looking at M&M and I just don't see a winner. It's weaker than Air in every possible way. I think Jaqcline or Danny can still win.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Ooooh La La, comme ci comme ci comme ça xdance2

MAD20

Medina's song is really good. Now that Norway brought back Norwegian language, Sweden could do the same with Swedish, but to be honest I don't see that happening...

FilipFromSweden

To me it would be so weird to have M&M be the Swedish representative. Our ESC entry has, since 2012 at least, had some kind of relation to what’s going on in the national music charts. Unforgettable is so 6 years ago.

FilipFromSweden

Chelsea Muco, go girl, give us nothing

I'm looking at M&M and I just don't see a winner. It's weaker than Air in every possible way. I think Jaqcline or Danny can still win.
Honestly Controlla is the best song in the heat

Top Bottom