4 2.6%

15 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
Look a lot of music that is sent to MF by amateurs are really bad, I mean really bad. If you have been on Swedish songwriters forums for instance over the years you know that the songs you've heard who didn't make it from those people there are of low quality. And they bitch every year. If you want to compete with professionals you need to take your own songs up to a professional level. I've also heard people who has been on the jury say that many amateur songwriters songs is something else to go through.

It is annoying that it is the same songwriters year in and year out but also understandable.

They get over 2000 submissions each year, and while probably a bunch is bad I don't believe all is and considering most that end up in MF is bad too by so called "professionals"xshrug

I believe the submission process is a scam tbh, that's the problem. There is no proper transparency and it all seems like the "in-house" songwriters are being approached behind closed doors anyways. It's a bit like those "public" job applications where for show people apply to jobs when it's already decided internally who's getting it even before applications are open.

I actually don't mind the MF team approaching songwriters, let's just stop the farce. The issue is that it's just a club for certain insiders, if they wanted a good MF they'd be approaching songwriters that actually have some careers in Sweden, but instead it's the tired old names that would be out of work if it wasn't for MF with little connection to the Swedish music scene.

Last edited:

Ekholmia

I believe they are trying to approach songwriters outside of the circle we see year after year, but those songwriters just don't want to be associated with MF. Especially difficult apparently are young female artist who write their own music. And of course the really big Swedish songwriter names internationally.

A-lister

Veteran
I believe they are trying to approach songwriters outside of the circle we see year after year, but those songwriters just don't want to be associated with MF. Especially difficult apparently are young female artist who write their own music. And of course the really big Swedish songwriter names internationally.

I actually think they don't, and obviously someone like Max Martin won't enter but I could see Vincent Pontare/Salem el Fakir, Tove Lo, The people who work with Veronica Maggio, Joakim Berg, Rasmus Gozzi and others be willing to take part as songwriters/composers at least if they revamped Melodifestivalen and they were seriously approached. I mean Robyn wrote a song for MF back in 1997 when it was considered much less cool than now and she was already having some success in the USA for instance. Pretty much all big names perform in Allsång på Skansen, which again was considered pretty "uncool" just some decades ago.

I obviously don't expect someone like Maggio or Tove Lo take part as artists, they obviously don't need MF, but as songwriters? I could see that happen but not as long as MF is treated the way it is currently.

Ekholmia

I actually think they don't, and obviously someone like Max Martin won't enter but I could see Vincent Pontare/Salem el Fakir, Tove Lo, The people who work with Veronica Maggio, Joakim Berg, Rasmus Gozzi and others be willing to take part as songwriters/composers at least if they revamped Melodifestivalen and they were seriously approached. I mean Robyn wrote a song for MF back in 1997 when it was considered much less cool than now and she was already having some success in the USA for instance. Pretty much all big names perform in Allsång på Skansen, which again was considered pretty "uncool" just some decades ago.

I obviously don't expect someone like Maggio or Tove Lo take part as artists, they obviously don't need MF, but as songwriters? I could see that happen but not as long as MF is treated the way it is currently.
I know they do. :)

ArmpitOfEurope

I wish Eric Saade won back then.

F5qF-dnWIAAaYwC

I like popular but those lyrics 😭
However he should have won over beige vanilla Voices in Melfest with Every Minute, which was an ESC top 6 entry but swedish televoters decided to shoot themselves again in the foot and the juries didnt make up for the televoters' mistake ( as they often do )

Ekholmia

Maybe, Sweden's "coolest nerd", Elin Wiigh, could be something for MF. I think she is mostly known for the song "Mammalåten". She is releasing a new single on Friday called "People Pleasin". I don't know much about her to be honest, but I listened to the song "Mammalåten" today when I got to know about her upcoming release. I don't know why but I just like her. She is 20 years old from Stockholm.

Realest

I like popular but those lyrics 😭
However he should have won over beige vanilla Voices in Melfest with Every Minute, which was an ESC top 6 entry but swedish televoters decided to shoot themselves again in the foot and the juries didnt make up for the televoters' mistake ( as they often do )

I meant I wish "Every Minute" would have won to prevent the Double Zero.

A-lister

Veteran
I meant I wish "Every Minute" would have won to prevent the Double Zero.

Yeah, "Every Minute" would have obviously been a much better choice. Tusse will remain one of our worst ESC entries to date, that's what happens when there's a mass psychosis lead by months of media propaganda.

Realest

The last three years would have been amazing if he had won. It would have been so strong.

Eric Saade
Cornelia Jakobs
Loreen

The List goes on with

The Mamas
John Lundvik
Benjamin Ingrosso
Robin Bengtsson
Frans
Mans Zelmerlow
Sanna Nielsen

Maneskin was so lucky that Eric Saade couldnt win Melfest because of Tusses Momentum..It still hurts.

Ezio

Veteran
Schupfnudeln! Det är den där långe, Greger, som når högst och kommer bäst till och nickar ordentligt och rejält in ledningsmålet för Österrike. Det finns en del svenskar där men ingen hänger med eller kommer upp när Greger kommer flygande.

Wtf? Schupfnudeln? Is that a cuss word?

Ezio

Veteran
I wish Eric Saade won back then.

F5qF-dnWIAAaYwC
Seven lonely sets of 12 points from televotes in 10 years? :eek:

thats less than Conchita got.

Mainshow

Veteran
Even though Sweden is a great Eurovision country and deserves some success, it's effing ridiculous how much "the professional" juries overrate them - especially when they come up with heartless pop songs in English

ESC94

Even though Sweden is a great Eurovision country and deserves some success, it's effing ridiculous how much "the professional" juries overrate them - especially when they come up with heartless pop songs in English

Be careful, you might get cancelled by a certain user for this. :LOL:

But I agree.

Top Bottom