16 9.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

EscGeek

Veteran
Fröken Snusk, let's go xheat

I expected something like this from Lia Larsson. Imagine if i get two of those northern country party schlagers xviolinxheya

mauve

Veteran
Really Sweden? This is as worse as heat 1! Holy moly ... it is the first time I couldn't even finish listening to the snippets.

Last edited:

Paco Roca

For me this year Sweden, already qualified by right to the final, will try to bring a solid song without infamy and without praise to enter the Top 15. I don't expect competitiveness from them for the victory. I'm just expecting a good show and a tribute to ABBA.

shameless

For me this year Sweden, already qualified by right to the final, will try to bring a solid song without infamy and without praise to enter the Top 15. I don't expect competitiveness from them for the victory. I'm just expecting a good show and a tribute to ABBA.
Probably like the other two times Malmö was the host city and Sweden did relatively poor with vanilla songs including one by the devil himself.

Sammy

Veteran
Very disappointing second heat. Not a single memorable song let alone a good one. The winner HAS to be in a later semi…

rasmuslights

Veteran
Very disappointing second heat. Not a single memorable song let alone a good one. The winner HAS to be in a later semi…

I mean it's quite obvious (it was since the beginning) that it's between Danny, Dotter and maybe MandM

Mainshow

Veteran
The only song I feel slightly excited about is Maria's entry. The built-up is quite nice and it's so much better than the dreadful ballad she competed with last year.

That said, the overall quality of this heat is even worse than heat 1 (based on the snippets).

I know that :se: usually have 3-5 very competitive entries each year but so far we haven't heard them.

The lack of originality is really frustrating.
:se: just won and are already part of the final - they could have gone completely nuts, artsy-fartsy, progressiv, heavy, cheesy Schlager-y to the core but we all get radio-friendly and generic Jimmy Joker songs at best (+ that one chanceless song in Swedish).

I'm utterly disappointed - again.

FabiESC

01 LIAMOO – Dragon 9/10
02 Maria Sur – When I’m Gone 8/10
03 Fröken Snusk – Unga & fria 6/10
04 Dear Sara – The Silence After You 3/10
05 Engmans Kapell – Norrland 2/10
06 C-Joe – Ahumma 2/10

Ok, this is worser then last week, LIAMOO has again a strong entry, which should be save for the Final. I like the snippet of Maria, but here i need the full version, maybe it could get higher points from me. I don't know but from Fröken Snusk i expect something other this is a solid pop song nothing more. The rest is really boring, nothing to talk about.

My prediction (last week i wasn't good in this, but i'm happy i was wrong with Elisa):

F: LIAMOO
F: Fröken Snusk
-
3th Maria Sur
4th Engmans Kapell
-
5th Dear Sara
6th C-Joe

FilipFromSweden

Really? I like pretty much all songs in this heat and I didn't care for a single one in the previous

Fluke

Maria Sur: I'm not gonna hold back here. I hate this entry. It is exactly everything i hate about Melodifestivalen. I hate how generic and poorly written it is. I hate how unjustly hyped her participation is, just like last time. And i hate how people are gonna go "BUT SHE CONVEYS SO MUCH EMOTIOOOON" about it. And i hope this is not gonna be one of the succesful ones.

Engmans Kapell: Obviously not a qualifier, i doubt it will even get played on the radio, it's worse than the similar "Hallabaloo" from a few years ago.

Dear Sara: A real disappointment. Very generic and unmemorable tune, weak and strange vocals in the studio version, maybe it will be better live.

C-Joe: At first i ruled out this completely but there seems to be a certain quota for these type of entries and the competition is weak so.... maybe fourth place?

Liamoo: Absolutely no doubt qualifier here. Staging seems a little unimpressive from the pictures, but we'll see about that. Production is a little overly cliched, but the melody is better and there's a level of emotion and drama that's often missing from this type of music. It feel like a personal and engaging story that can touch people on many levels. With great vocals, it could even be a possible winner.

Fröken Snusk: Way above expectation for most people, i think. The song is quite well written and has some rather different, varied parts that are linked together nicely. I think this can be her first real "mainstream" hit and appeal to a wider audience than everyone seems to think. DTF or a strong 3rd place seems likely, Maria Sur would be the main contender.

Also kinda fun that there's two songs featuring violin in this heat!

Realest

The way Benidorm was Grammys when compared to this xLO

Benidorm would kill to have at least one of these Songs in their Line-up.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
this level of simping

Top Bottom