5 1.9%

2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Ajeje Brazorf

So tell me, lets say you are juror, you are not a eurofan, you are called as a professional to do your job. Lets say Cha cha cha isnt competing, as you are fan.
You have Loreen with Tattoo, Israel, Italy, and Estonia. You have to rank them on the vocals, the mainstream hit potential of the song, the peformance, the originality, and the overall impression they leave on you. Who would you put as your #1?
I can ( personally ) see clearly as water why they all went unanimously for it, wheres the other '' jury songs '' failed to be as consistent ( for example, some jurors would prefer Israel's polished performance over Estonia's unoriginal track, while other would go more for Alika's vocals ). But Tattoo had no cons for the jurors, her entry was the perfect jury bait

Agree. As I said before, the only one I could have seen stealing some points from Sweden was Alika and her adelesque performance of Bridges, but she was sandwiched between Marco and Käärja in the running order so...didn't happen.

MooseShoes

Is it a cope? 🙄 What about Azerbaijan from 2011?
Both 2008's and 2011's winners are hideous, clearly. Anyone who sat through the final all-televote final listening to ex-Soviet state jury spokespeople spouting out garbage like, "And our twelve points go to, he told us to Believe, RUSSIA!!!" should think twice before suggesting getting rid of juries, despite their flaws.

Ajeje Brazorf

Is it a cope? 🙄 What about Azerbaijan from 2011?

Running Scared >>>>>> Believe. Believe is one of the worst winners ever imo, in 2009 he would have been close to last place, but in 2008 it won because the competition was not strong... 2008 to 2009 is the biggest step in quality from one Eurovision year to the following: 2008 was one of the worst editions ever songwise, 2009 was the best of the 2000's

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
Running Scared >>>>>> Believe. Believe is one of the worst winners ever imo, in 2009 he would have been close to last place, but in 2008 it won because the competition was not strong... 2008 to 2009 is the biggest step in quality from one Eurovision year to the following: 2008 was one of the worst editions ever songwise, 2009 was the best of the 2000's

2008 still had plenty of good songs. I think Dima Bilan wouldn't have won though in 2009 indeed as the competition was stronger. I also disliked Believe.

He had a couple of gimmicks on stage that helped him with televoting. And I think they promoted the entry intensively.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
2009 was great indeed. I still listen to Finland and Lithuania, and many others.

soulm8

How the tables turned!? This so “not deserving “ winner is doing great in every chart and is pretty much popular everywhere. While joke or clown acts so loved at the night of the Grand Final disappeared once Eurovision is over. No more to be said!

AndroZeus

How the tables turned!? This so “not deserving “ winner is doing great in every chart and is pretty much popular everywhere. While joke or clown acts so loved at the night of the Grand Final disappeared once Eurovision is over. No more to be said!
Yeah, and it's definitely the only song that's charting, uh huh...

soulm8

The tables were never 'turned'. Tattoo came 2nd in the televote and has been charting pre-show as well.
Well, the die hard fans said Loreen won only because of the jury.

Andromache

She also has nearly 11 mio. listeners on Spotify (Käärijä around 5.5 mio.). I wish she would use the hype and release an EP at least. November is so far away. She has two big promo platforms coming with the next Melodifestivalen and Eurovision 2024 as an intervall act.

GermanBango

Said it once, said it a million times: nobody cares about all this (completely manufactured) drama a few days after the final.

Realest

A new Worldrecord

Top Bottom