5 1.9%

2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Andromache

Her song is doing really well on the official spotify charts. I think she had the highest first day numbers of any Eurovision winner but I'm not sure, someone said Maneskin had multiple versions of their song.

GermanBango

she has just achieved what will inscribe her in the history of the conest. she will be an all time name, she will always be known as the most successfull woman (if not artist) in the history of the contest. Do you really think she cares about what some twitter-tweets say? Do you really think she even takes notice of them? No way! No need to feel sorry for her! Not even a little. Feeling sorry is something we do for people who are down, she‘s as up as it could be.
I'm not necessarily talking about the people on social media but I assume it isn't the greatest feeling on earth when people shout the name of someone else while you get a trophy.

midnightsun

Veteran
I feel sorry in that regard because probably nobody had seen it coming people were going crazy about Finland. Probably they (Swedish team) talked Loreen into doing it (some here pointed out she didn’t want to do it at first - I‘ve read that article too) and probably told her they would make her the winner because she is so popular with the people and suddenly a lot of people don’t want her as a winner. That’s tough.
I am honest, I don’t like her as an artist, her style is not my cup of tea but she‘s a human and nobody should receive that hate!
I‘m rather angry that her team got away with it and took the victory while she gets that backlash personally, as a human. I really hope she doesn’t read all the comments.

Rocket man

she has just achieved what will inscribe her in the history of the conest. she will be an all time name, she will always be known as the most successfull woman (if not artist) in the history of the contest. Do you really think she cares about what some twitter-tweets say? Do you really think she even takes notice of them? No way! No need to feel sorry for her! Not even a little. Feeling sorry is something we do for people who are down, she‘s as up as it could be.
Well said!

Sammy

Veteran
I'm not necessarily talking about the people on social media but I assume it isn't the greatest feeling on earth when people shout the name of someone else while you get a trophy.
I can’t speak for her, but I suppose she didn’t let this spoil her moment. I have to rewatch it, but I didn’t notice those shouts when she was givien the trophy, so maybe she didn’t either…

midnightsun

Veteran
The song is similar to
a) a Ukranian song
b) The winner takes it all by ABBA (who just happen to celebrate their 50 yrs victory next year)

It’s perfectly tailored to victory.

ArmpitOfEurope

Sammy

Veteran
Ok, I just rewatched the end of the final again. From the moment she was announced the winner until she finished her winners reprise there is no audible chanting of „Käärijä“ nor of „Cha Cha Cha“. Especially not while she was getting the trophy. :unsure:

Last edited:

shameless

The song is similar to
a) a Ukranian song
b) The winner takes it all by ABBA (who just happen to celebrate their 50 yrs victory next year)

It’s perfectly tailored to victory.
I mean we know that Thomas G:son likes to pay tribute to ESC-related artists / songs and that Sweden is doing well with getting away in labeling them as their entries since a long time.
Otherwise how can we explain that they love the belgian entrance from 1996 so much that they played it this year (or even before) on every Melfest episode after the voting sequence ended? :ROFLMAO:

midnightsun

Veteran
coz Cha cha cha was the epitome of originality

No, they actually borrowed it from Electric Callboy :p but I am not the biggest fan of the SONG Cha cha cha either, at least not the chorus. To me, the discussion isn’t about Finland vs Sweden but it’s Sweden headquarter vs Europeans. I don’t like it if someone wants to overachieve by all means and sell their own grandmother for it.

blajblaj

No, they actually borrowed it from Electric Callboy :p but I am not the biggest fan of the SONG Cha cha cha either, at least not the chorus. To me, the discussion isn’t about Finland vs Sweden but it’s Sweden headquarter vs Europeans. I don’t like it if someone wants to overachieve by all means and sell their own grandmother for it.

This is the Sweden hate in a nutshell. If you're a fan of Eurovision, logically, it would make sense that you love countries that take this seriously, make an effort and try their best with good songs, artists that can sing and perform. But that's not how it works. Nobody hates San Marino for sending crap songs every year. But if you try too hard, boooo!

midnightsun

Veteran
I almost can’t recall a year when San Marino wasn’t hated but ok.

Again, it’s not SWEDEN hate but if the cap fits, wear it. I said "Swedish team". The producers just happen to be Swedes. If they were Italian or Spanish or whatever I‘d rant too. I also wrote my concerns about the Dutch being involved in the producing process or Norwegian Jon Ola Sand for some of his failures in the past.

JenJen94

Honestly I just feel immensely sorry for her. She definitely does not deserve all the hate that is being hurled at her atm. (Specifically talking about the people who are attacking her on a personal level)

Imagine having such a happy moment tarnished by all of what happened. One could tell that she wasn’t feeling particularly comfortable on Saturday night. Hope she will eventually make peace with what happened and realise that she as a person and artist is still very much loved by large parts of the fandom.

I absolutely agree! I see her on interviews and such too and I just feel really sorry for her-she is a lovely person. It makes me sad actually.

Well she did announce a tour starting in November during the winner's press conference. She also said she wasn't supposed to do it and her record company/management will kill her for doing it. :lol:

I must have missed that as I was shattered watching it, ahhh she cracks me up :LOL:

empo21

Veteran
"You either die a hero or see yourself become a villain" (the word villain is used very loosely)

Loreen's 2012 was universally accepted and loved, but this one will always open a can of worms when mentioned. It's not her fault, of course, Sweden only become a big jury threat after 2012 and this year's jury score was the last drop for a lot of fans.

Andromache

Haters gonna hate. Some people will always hate her, Sweden etc. No matter what Sweden does for some fans they're always in the wrong. And some fans will never accept that their favorite didn't win (Netta/Eleni; Lena/Manga). Lena has a great career here in Germany, Netta has a great career in Israel. Who cares about online comments when you have two Eurovision trophies in your house. She will always be a legend for this in her main music market and that's what really matters. The Eurovision fans who constantly preach about love and unity can stay pressed.

Rocket man

I agree with Loreen. I personally think removing the juries would only encourage too many crazy entries at Eurovision again, it was fun in the 00's but I wouldn't bring it back now.

It's not Loreen's fault that people are envious that Sweden are the kings of Eurovision, it seems like particularly this year, Loreen and her team put a lot of time and effort into getting this victory, they did everything right.

Last edited:

ekzuu

I guess in life there needs to be balance, its true in 2012 she had heavy and sole support, this year she wasnt the fans 1st favourite, but 2nd. Your favourite not winning is always hurting but I think it could have been helped much if Käärija would have been a better loser and sincerely congratulated her for the win right after, but he felt entitled to win so he couldnt do it. If he would have accepted the lose, stay humble, have empathy towards her and be happy about the success he had his fans would behave better too I think...

Anyways I hope they change the system to 100% televote because I'm so tired of this complaining, then people will have to accept the result because its 100% their choice... And I have had my favourites tanked too, for example KEiiNO was painful... But in 2015 and 2016 I was very happy with winners and that thanks to juries we were saved from Russia.

Anyways, Loreen performing today in Sweden:

Top Bottom