2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

ArmpitOfEurope

Once again: not what I'm saying at all but sure
I repeat, Tattoo receiving more than twice the amount of points than Cha Cha Cha (and even Unicorn as 2nd place with the juries) from the juries as a whole is absolutely undeserved

This is just your personal opinion. For me it was totally deserved that she slayed the jury vote, coz she ticked all the jury boxes to the maximum, as it was deserved for Kaarija to slay the televote, coz he ticked all the tele boxes to the maximum. She just had the stronger package overall for the current system ( either the current system is good or bad ), because she appealed to the tele more than Kaarija did to the juries. People need to accept it and move on

GermanBango

This is just your personal opinion. For me it was totally deserved that she slayed the jury vote, coz she ticked all the jury boxes to the maximum, as it was deserved for Kaarija to slay the televote, coz he ticked all the tele boxes to the maximum. She just had the stronger package overall for the current system ( either the current system is good or bad ), because she appealed to the tele more than Kaarija did to the juries. People need to accept it and move on
She would have won with the old system as well btw. With 330 points.

theditz83

Veteran
I swear to god, if I read one more post online about Loreen's victory being fixed to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Abba winning in 1974, I will go insane. All because of a random fact that Graham Norton mentioned last night; a fact that I do not recall seeing cited as a reason for a Sweden win in the whole run-up to the contest. The number of sheep in the Eurovision fandom is insane :rolleyes:

For me, the best song won, with second best 3rd and third best 2nd. I'm really happy with the result, and looking forward to next year as I know SVT always puts on a good show xup

harey

Well, not the biggest fan of the song but at the end she won fair and square according to the rules. Still one of the worst televote result for a winner for a long time (don't have datas and we need to count on % of available points to read them correctly but not hitting a single 12 is a sign). It's a il volo situation, and the system makes this possible, it already happened, it will happen in the future, no hate toward Loreen. It's like football: sometimes the most exciting teams doesn't win but it's fair game.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Congrats :se: and Loreen! I was hoping she'd win the televote as well, so that this victory wouldn't feel so bittersweet. Now, it feels like a victory pushed heavily by the jury, enforcing the Swedish jury pet narrative (which is true of course). 340 points is absolutely ridiculous.

ArmpitOfEurope

Congrats :se: and Loreen! I was hoping she'd win the televote as well, so that this victory wouldn't feel so bittersweet. Now, it feels like a victory pushed heavily by the jury, enforcing the Swedish jury pet narrative (which is true of course). 340 points is absolutely ridiculous.

But in a 50-50 system, why Loreen's 340 points in the one half is ridiculous while Kaarija's got 376 in the other half?

ArmpitOfEurope

it's not a 340 jury points song, sorry.

Juries obviously disagreed? Loreen had no competition for the juries this year, there were just not other very strong jury entries. Italy was, but its far weaker compared to Sweden in all the factors the juries are asked to vote on. Israel polished perfo but she didnt have a jury song. So yeah...

soulm8

Because 180 people awarded Sweden almost the same points than millions of people to Finland.
Oh, man, chill! Bulgaria lost with Kris Kostov while been with 615 points, plus the Portuguese singer been famous with health condition as well. And almost every country commentator was talking about it. Nobody said that Eurovision is fair. Move on!

lacrymea

Oh, man, chill! Bulgaria lost with Kris Kostov while been with 615 points, plus the Portuguese singer been famous with health condition as well. And almost every country commentator was talking about it. Nobody said that Eurovision is fair. Move on!
Portugal won the jury AND the televote. Period. There wasn't even a discussion that year.

ekzuu

Because 180 people awarded Sweden almost the same points than millions of people to Finland.
was that system introduced yesterday? we all knew it was juries+televote in the final (as it has been for many years) and that they evaluate the songs differently. as a fan you look at other things than as a professional. but there does not exist objective right winner, we don't have eurovision god who gets to decide it. we have agreed that right now this is the system we select the winner with. the winner is who won and therefore it is the right winner

0scar

In all honesty I feel like Cha Cha Cha fans that are disappointed it didn't win (i.e. me) could be better losers but also Tattoo fans that could be better winners by admitting that the gap between Loreen and the others in the jury vote is crazily huge

cegs5

Well welcome to ESC, that was the purpose of the jury-televote system
I think it's worth to discuss, based on experience, some changes in the voting system to make it fairer in the eyes of the audience. Giving too much power to the jury has only damaged the identity of Eurovision.
We have seen changes over the time, including in this edition, so why not highlighting this issues to make the people's choice more powerful.

Chorizo

What does it take for Sweden to win Eurovision?

soulm8

Portugal won the jury AND the televote. Period. There wasn't even a discussion that year.
Because of his medical condition. Talking about fairness. But let’s not bring this topic again. Period!

ArmpitOfEurope

In all honesty I feel like Cha Cha Cha fans that are disappointed it didn't win (i.e. me) could be better losers but also Tattoo fans that could be better winners by admitting that the gap between Loreen and the others in the jury vote is crazily huge

It stuns me that people just cant comprehend that Tattoo was as jury friendly as Cha cha cha was televote friendly. And ok for a casual viewer, but I dont understand how eurofans cant get why Loreen landslided with the juries

Top Bottom