6 2.3%

5 1.9%

2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

I didn't watch MF or follow this drama so somebody please fill me in.
Did our jury give 12 points to some "Blanka" or what? Who did they vote for?

Štengl and HRT's music editors gave a 12 to Theoz.

Which comes as no surprise really as this is the type of foreign pop music that they put on radio playlists, Bieber & Co., this year Denmark and so on. Plus it is well produced and more coherent song than Tattoo, also has that infectious whistling sound and is overall dancy and enjoyable.

Yeah, music editors, when they give points, think about what would actually hit off at radioplay in their country. Tattoo wouldn't, this would hit off in Croatia, so they chose that, what's the problem?

Now go crucify them! 🤣

Mainshow

Veteran
:hr: should have won back in 1999 xheart

I can still remember very well how Melodifestivalen hosts visited Italy back in 2013 and showed people a pic of Loreen and asked them who she was because :it: was the only country which didn´t give a single point to "Euphoria" (if I´m not mistaken).

It´s not that serious, imo - I mean, one could be angry at comments found online but people should simply vote for their favourite entries (same applies to juries). I made a "funny" comment on :hr: jury as well (like they had to recover from Mama SC´s victory) last night but they still had "Tattoo" inside their Top 3 ... people are allowed to have different opinion(s).

What I don´t like is trying to come up with "Croatian fans won´t be voting for Loreen now because some fanwankers on Twitter called the Croatian jury stupid names".

We all survived 2020 when "stupid jury members from stupid countries" voted for Aksel in :fi: :D

Mrm

Veteran
Štengl and HRT's music editors gave a 12 to Theoz.

Which comes as no surprise really as this is the type of foreign pop music that they put on radio playlists, Bieber & Co., this year Denmark and so on. Plus it is overall well produced and more coherent song than Tattoo, also has that infectious whistling sound and is overall dancy and enjoyable.

Yeah, music editors, when they give points, think about what would actually hit off at radioplay in their country. Tattoo wouldn't, this would hit off in Croatia, so they chose that, what's the problem?

Now go crucify them! 🤣
In 2011, the Croatian MF jury was the only one who gave 12 to Linda Bengtzing - "E det fel på mej?"! :D

A-lister

Veteran
Maybe they should take a hint and send a song in Swedish. We're just trying to do them a favour :D

Would love that, but with SVT's pathological Oikophobia and Swedophobia it will never happen, unless this new government finally realize that they need to put new people in there but they are too coward to do what should have been done decades ago...

Ezio

Veteran
Swedish media complaining about Croatia sabotaging them. I can't. They should complain for the 27 other acts that were hopeless fillers for the internally chosen act.

Bmbriga

Would love that, but with SVT's pathological Oikophobia and Swedophobia it will never happen, unless this new government finally realize that they need to put new people in there but they are too coward to do what should have been done decades ago...
Well, before this year, last 6 songs that we sent (except Divlji vjetre that didn't go in the end) were also in English, but.... they were also floppers. So, imagine that.
Sweden at least has some results with their English pop songs.

Maybe they should take a hint and send a song in Swedish. We're just trying to do them a favour :D

Yeaaaah, not really a fan, but nothing outrageous here.
I can see why they would give it more points.
I don't dislike it any more than Tattoo.
It's in Swedish, so that could be a nice change and some redeeming quality.

Also @A-lister so Zlata Mück, who was presenter of Croatian jury votes yesterday, explained that while knowing that Loreen would win anyway, they decided to reward the effort behind 2 dancy and well produced songs performed in Swedish. That's all. Now crucify "the trash" jurors.

ŠČ!

A-lister

Veteran
Well, before this year, last 6 songs that we sent (except Divlji vjetre that didn't go in the end) were also in English, but.... they were also floppers. So, imagine that.
Sweden at least has some results with their English pop songs.

It's not just about the language...

Well Sweden is an international Pop producer so it's not that it's "inauthentic" for us to do Pop in English and I guess we're pretty good at it, but yeah would have preferred something more reflective of the local scene (which again MF isn't a good representation of and frankly never was).

A-lister

Veteran
Also @A-lister so Zlata Mück, who was presenter of Croatian jury votes yesterday, explained that while knowing that Loreen would win anyway, they decided to reward the effort behind 2 dancy and well produced songs performed in Swedish. That's all. Now crucify "the trash" jurors.

ŠČ!

I didn't crucify anyone? Did I even mention the juries? xshrug

I wouldn't pay much attention to what Swedish tabloids write though, tabloids are by definition trash and I think that goes for most countries' tabloids...

But quality wise, I stick to that Loreen had the only real competitive entry in this MF but with that said I don't mind if a jury supports some Swedish language stuff as it is so rare in MF.

Last edited:

NemesisNick

Here is my review video of Melodifestivalen 2023 Final. This includes my opinions on all twelve finalist songs in order of performance (based on Melodifestivalen 2023 Final performances), and my ranking from twelfth to first in My Eurovision Scoreboard. I've gone into greater analysis of the winning song Loreen - "Tattoo". Since Loreen will be representing Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest for the second time (having previously won in 2012), I've also included an assessment of other past Eurovision Song Contest winners who have returned to represent their country at Eurovision again some years later.

Nemesis Nick Talks Eurovision: Melodifestivalen 2023 Final Review

Ajeje Brazorf

:hr: should have won back in 1999 xheart

I can still remember very well how Melodifestivalen hosts visited Italy back in 2013 and showed people a pic of Loreen and asked them who she was because :it: was the only country which didn´t give a single point to "Euphoria" (if I´m not mistaken).

It´s not that serious, imo - I mean, one could be angry at comments found online but people should simply vote for their favourite entries (same applies to juries). I made a "funny" comment on :hr: jury as well (like they had to recover from Mama SC´s victory) last night but they still had "Tattoo" inside their Top 3 ... people are allowed to have different opinion(s).

What I don´t like is trying to come up with "Croatian fans won´t be voting for Loreen now because some fanwankers on Twitter called the Croatian jury stupid names".

We all survived 2020 when "stupid jury members from stupid countries" voted for Aksel in :fi: :D

Well, Italians don't know Loreen even now in 2023 since the vast majority of Italians don't usually give a fuss about Eurovision or didn't know about past winners or past editions (yeah, they know Abba won back in the day, they know Måneskin won, they know Il Volo was robbed hard - and I don't think that way - and they know Modugno sang Nel Blu dipinto di Blu (Volare). That's what they know about Eurovision, full stop. I can assure you). The majority of Italian televoters just watch the Grand Finale and votes the song they like more, there isn't any kind of hype for anybody before the contest. Italians don't even know an Italian is singing for Norway this year, for example... If they will vote Loreen, it will mean they like it. I'm more concerned about our juries aswell: they gave 12 to Leonora (which was ok, but really not the best song in 2019) and Rybak's abomination in 2018, just to say a few...

Last edited:

Yoozek

Now that's how you comeback at esc. People complaining about similarities to Euphoria, her hairstyle, outfit, etc.. Why fix something that isn't broken :cool:

ezgif-1-4896b2eb91.gif

Ezio

Veteran
Good for Italy. Keep doing you.

A-lister

Veteran
Swedish media complaining about Croatia sabotaging them. I can't. They should complain for the 27 other acts that were hopeless fillers for the internally chosen act.

At least we have a selection which can't be said about... ehm... many others :lol:

Also, who cares about what stupid tabloid writes anyways... but yeah just go on with your tiring rampage against Sweden :lol:

Realest

Have you watched the czech Selection, where everyone except the Winner was a real hopeless Filler?

Melfest had lots of good Songs, that would qualify and could potentially do pretty well (Marcus and Martinus would have been Top10, lots of others Top15).

A-lister

Veteran
Have you watched the czech Selection, where everyone except the Winner was a real hopeless Filler?

Melfest had lots of good Songs, that would qualify and could potentially do pretty well (Marcus and Martinus would have been Top10, lots of others Top15).

I mean he has a point (eventhough it comes from a wrong place), MF was crap this year and Loreen was the only serious candidate (I have a really hard time seeing how anything else would be a good choice, but of course taste differs).

Top Bottom