'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

Preuss

This entry - in my eyes - is completely different than the past years. I am one of them - Ihated the past Sweden entries with the generic songs, but this one is just out of the world. Love it! New Sweden era for me! ;)

I mean, this one’s kinda «generic» too, and definitely in thread with what Sweden’s sent these past years too, regardless of the «authentic» or «tHis hAs sOuL» arguments. It’s still a very strong pop song, first and foremost

mauve

Veteran
I mean, this one’s kinda «generic» too, and definitely in thread with what Sweden’s sent these past years too, regardless of the «authentic» or «tHis hAs sOuL» arguments. It’s still a very strong pop song, first and foremost
Maybe generic is the wrong word, but the other songs were too "poppish" and in a way "childish" for me, this is more mature and reaches my soul entirely. ;)

FilipFromSweden

people who say Anders shouldve won because of the televote - he only got 90 because he is one of the most beloved and charming celebrities in Sweden. He has his own reality tv-show and he’s played good cop as an Idol jury since 2007. Not denying it is a good song but that whole entry is more suited for X Got Talent rather than Eurovision

hijirio

Veteran
I can't stop listening to Klara's song

I'm OBSESSED

#MYWINNER

crashworld

Veteran
It's so refreshing that people are creaming over Sweden's entry this year in like don't know how many years since. And all they need to do is to send in a mediocre minimalistic ballad that didn't even win the televote.

Where are all the people denounced the juries as being the evil that should be banished? So just because their favourite win via the jury vote, it's ok now? Double standards.

Betwixt Tales

It’s really otherwise though. Fans are more critical of Sweden’s entries
A common theme in the Sweden threads has been that the Melodifestivalen editions get weaker and weaker...? Even by people that are now in love with Cornelia's song?
I still see a (likely unconscious) bias.

There exist this idea that what Sweden sends, is of a quality that other countries (should) aspire to. I'm not saying people aren't scrutinizing the Swedish songs for their quality. But with the (unconscious) bias people are preconditioned to have; the idea of Sweden = high quality, they are more likely to see their entries as such.

Have you noticed how much more focus/coverage Melodifestivalen gets compared to other national selections among ESC fan sites? It's because it's viewed as the cream of the crop when it comes to ESC. You can't deny that.

FilipFromSweden

Ezio

Veteran
It's not the best song since 2012 and not the worst.

The best for me would be 2019 and the worst 2021, followed by 2018.

The absolute best song would have been Bulletproof (superior to Euphoria), but it was killed by the Austrian jury and then ESC got cancelled.

My ranking of Sweden 2001 to 2022

1st 2004
2nd 2019
3rd 2002
4th 2012
5th 2009
6th 2010
7th 2016
8th 2023
9th 2011
10th 2020
11th 2022
12th 2003
13th 2014
14th 2017
15th 2008
16th 2001
17th 2015
18th 2006
19th 2018
20th 2021
21st 2007
22nd 2005

Loindici

Veteran
It's so refreshing that people are creaming over Sweden's entry this year in like don't know how many years since. And all they need to do is to send in a mediocre minimalistic ballad that didn't even win the televote.

Where are all the people denounced the juries as being the evil that should be banished? So just because their favourite win via the jury vote, it's ok now? Double standards.

*sips tea*

Preuss

I still see a (likely unconscious) bias.

There exist this idea that what Sweden sends, is of a quality that other countries (should) aspire to. I'm not saying people aren't scrutinizing the Swedish songs for their quality. But with the (unconscious) bias people are preconditioned to have; the idea of Sweden = high quality, they are more likely to see their entries as such.

Have you noticed how much more focus/coverage Melodifestivalen gets compared to other national selections among ESC fan sites? It's because it's viewed as the cream of the crop when it comes to ESC. You can't deny that.

I mean, whether you find Sweden's entries "too sterile," "too perfect", etc., I don't think you can deny that Sweden has in fact been serving us quality every year for a very long time.

Okay so Melodifestivalen gets more attention and coverage among ESC fan sites by ESC fans for ESC fans, and so what? ESC fans don't decide the outcome of Eurovision anyway in May. I sincerely don't believe that ESC fans are naive enough to rate Sweden because it's Sweden if they don't like the song, no?

Betwixt Tales

I mean, whether you find Sweden's entries "too sterile," "too perfect", etc., I don't think you can deny that Sweden has in fact been serving us quality every year for a very long time.

Okay so Melodifestivalen gets more attention and coverage among ESC fan sites by ESC fans for ESC fans, and so what? ESC fans don't decide the outcome of Eurovision anyway in May. I sincerely don't believe that ESC fans are naive enough to rate Sweden because it's Sweden if they don't like the song, no?
I'm not always sold on Sweden's entries. The last I truly enjoyed and have on my playlists is Benjamin Ingrosso "Dance you off" from '18.xshrug But I like Cornelia's song this year too.

I do believe the bias exists, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it. I'm not saying it to be vicious, as I don't think it's necessarily a conscious thing. But can you remember a year where Sweden didn't shoot right to the top in the betting odds as soon as their entry was selected?

Top Bottom