8 3.6%

22 9.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

popavapeur

This was my last place this year. I didn't bother sharing it cause I prefer to focus on what I like more than what I dislike and I felt like I was just not getting it like I didn't fully get Space Man or Arcade. But 5pts is really harsh.. I can't imagine the disappointment in the spanish fandom

Kentish

A crushing result for a great artist. They made a big mistake going with the staging from Benidorm, and going on stage before Loreen was the nail in the coffin. Nothing but love for Blanca. Her song from last year would ironically have done better in Eurovision.

I have a bad feeling that Spain will send something safe (for a 24th place) next year. I hope I'm wrong.

cegs5

I think Spain should keep their Benidorm Fest formula, but improve the selection of participants.
I can't see any of the this year's contenders doing better than Eaea. At least it scored with the juries based on Blanca vocal range. Nor Vicco either Agoney would have scored well in that section and the televoting would have been similar to the UK or Serbia, putting Spain in an overall bottom 3.

ayzelto

It was a risk and we were last in the televote (it didn’t really surprise me anyway). The result is disappointing, yeah, but at the same time I have enjoyed this entry so much, and seeing how many of you here in this forum were loving it so much has made live the journey it with more enthusiasm. Blanca Paloma has been a great representative and I hope Benidorm Fest keeps finding true artist to show their talent in Europe. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. This is Eurovision in the end!

Ajeje Brazorf

A crushing result for a great artist. They made a big mistake going with the staging from Benidorm, and going on stage before Loreen was the nail in the coffin. Nothing but love for Blanca. Her song from last year would ironically have done better in Eurovision.

I have a bad feeling that Spain will send something safe (for a 24th place) next year. I hope I'm wrong.

I quote everything here... Secreto de agua was fantastic, one of my massive growers of 2022 National Finals and I really prefer that one to SloMo. EaEa was and still is a great entry, but maybe too experimental to be completely understood by the public. Still, 5 points in the televote are not enough and seem really harsh.

nudiecrudi

I think Spain should keep their Benidorm Fest formula, but improve the selection of participants.
I can't see any of the this year's contenders doing better than Eaea. At least it scored with the juries based on Blanca vocal range. Nor Vicco either Agoney would have scored well in that section and the televoting would have been similar to the UK or Serbia, putting Spain in an overall bottom 3.
Totally agree.
I've said it since the end of BF.
To much importance given to the visuals, choreos, clothes and less to the quality of the selected songs or artists.
Maybe Blanca's failure would be a lesson but sincerly i feel sorry for her and spanish friends that had high hopes, powered also by the ESC bubble.
Benidorm Fest is the right formula, needs some adjustments.
And guys, Benidorm should be a sounding board for the partecipating songs to chart well in the spanish market. I think Blanca's song didn't enter at all in any if im not wrong.

spinachpie

I've gotta say, I usually adore the ethnic songs. But I listened to this one a few times and the song was just not impactful. Vocals were good, but it had zero hook.

Loindici

Veteran
EAEA is a piece of art.

Sammy

Veteran
Subjective observation: western eurpean ethno-flavoured music seems to resonante less with the public than eastern or south-eastern ethno-flavoured ones. (btw I don‘t consider latino-style as „ethnic“)

funfact: austrian folk music does only well
in the contest when it is appropriated by an eastern country (compare Global Kryner vs. Yodel it) :lol:

ESC94

The televote disaster of :es: in numbers:

26th place - :dk: :mt:
25th place - :se:
24th place - :at: :ee: :de: :is: :lv: :lt: :sl: :ua:
23rd place - :cy: :cz: :ie: :no: :uk:
22nd place - :be: :it: :pl:
21st place - :au: :gr: :md: :nl: :sm:
20th place - :fi: :ch:
19th place - :al: :hr: :il:

16th place - :am:
15th place - :ge:
14th place - :rs:
13th place - :az: :ro:
12th place - :fr:

8th place - :pt: :3:
9th place - ROTW :2:

Finishing last in the following countries: :se: :dk: :mt:

JenJen94

EAEA is a piece of art.

Absolutely agree
The televote disaster of :es: in numbers:

26th place - :dk: :mt:
25th place - :se:
24th place - :at: :ee: :de: :is: :lv: :lt: :sl: :ua:
23rd place - :cy: :cz: :ie: :no: :uk:
22nd place - :be: :it: :pl:
21st place - :au: :gr: :md: :nl: :sm:
20th place - :fi: :ch:
19th place - :al: :hr: :il:

16th place - :am:
15th place - :ge:
14th place - :rs:
13th place - :az: :ro:
12th place - :fr:

8th place - :pt: :3:
9th place - ROTW :2:

Finishing last in the following countries: :se: :dk: :mt:

Big ouch..... (n)

ESC94

Absolutely agree

Big ouch..... (n)

As expected this song only resonated on the Iberian peninsula, the :2: from ROTW were probably because of Latin America. Otherwise it only did "better" in countries where Romance languages are spoken, with its worst results in Northern Europe and the Baltics.

Last edited:

JenJen94

As expected this song only resonated on the Iberian peninsula, the :2: from ROTW were probably from Latin America. Otherwise it only did "better" in countries where Romance languages are spoken, with its worst results in Northern Europe and the Baltics.

Yes that would make perfect sense for them to come from the ROTW to come from overseas Spanish speaking countries and understandable too!

Top Bottom