27 10.7%

17 6.7%

18 7.1%

21 8.3%

13 5.2%

41 16.3%

• Total voters

lacrymea

Well, they can thank the portuguese televote...again... 12 points. We're very generous.

bochan

Yass. Let's just forget that half of the audience in the arena yesterday and gathering in the streets of lisbon were spaniards vointig for Spain.

BTW... I find Portugal's results the sadest this year. Underrated. Undeserved.
Anyway, thank you and congrats for the best ESC ever. I knew Portugal would deliver it.

Alaska49

should have done even worse for how awful their stage director is tbh. tve is the worst and their acts are their biggest victims.

ag89

Spain is really desperate at ESC. It's not even the same category with the UK anymore (UK is heading toward right direction, but veeeeery slowly :D), Spain seems like there is no compass or a plan or whatsoever when it comes to choosing a proper song. Let's hope next year it will be better. They didn't deserve more than what they got this year (and last year too, and in 2016 with "if everyone is singing in English, we can do it too despite our language is melodic and lovely for ears", and 2015 with that over the top, but still cheap looking performance and fake drama etc.) The only songs worth listening from Spain during the last 10 years were in 2012 and 2014, thanks to great stage performance. Not even staging, just performance.

SirPeterGriffin

I don't feel sorry for you. Until the spanish eurovision fanatics decide it's time to have a little bit more humility, you deserve this and worse. Also, Portugal should stop being so generous to you since the response from the other side isn't reciprocal...

Sammy

Veteran
I never bought that love story. If it's a true one, they couldn't convey the feeling yesterday. But the song itself grew with me over the last few days.

Viktor77

I liked this one in the beginning but the stage performance was meh. I thought it was funny though that my colleague's mother who's Spanish refused to watch Eurovision this year because their entry was partially made up of a pro-Catalan independence supporter.

alca

So, now that we know the results, do you think Lo Malo would have finished higher? :mrgreen:

Ausesken

So, now that we know the results, do you think Lo Malo would have finished higher? :mrgreen:

Not much higher, but yes, I think it would have done slightly better :lol: none of the songs we were given to chose was outstanding/good enough for Eurovision.

Ausesken

I don't feel sorry for you. Until the spanish eurovision fanatics decide it's time to have a little bit more humility, you deserve this and worse. Also, Portugal should stop being so generous to you since the response from the other side isn't reciprocal...

Not that Eurovision consists in exchanging points right? You should vote for the songs you like, and nothing else. And well, regarding the first of your comments, I'm tired of asking you all to be fair with Spanish eurofans that are not so egocentric, but you only pay attention to the others no matter what I say. I think it will take years to change our reputation.

cegs5

Since Operación Triunfo was announced as their NF, Spain was destined to a flop. Yes, that formula gave them three top 10 in a row... but 15 YEARS AGO!!!
Afaik the songs were given to the contestants only a week before the show, everything was improvised and TVE only rely on the popularity of their reality, gain sponsors and media coverage. Well done, their financial profit was surely good, the ratings has been the highest since 2008, hitting 8M viewers during the voting.... if that's all what TVE cared about, because the artists, entry, staging and final ranking seem to be the least important thing for them.

Ausesken

Since Operación Triunfo was announced as their NF, Spain was destined to a flop. Yes, that formula gave them three top 10 in a row... but 15 YEARS AGO!!!
Afaik the songs were given to the contestants only a week before the show, everything was improvised and TVE only rely on the popularity of their reality, gain sponsors and media coverage. Well done, their financial profit was surely good, the ratings has been the highest since 2008, hitting 8M viewers during the voting.... if that's all what TVE cared about, because the artists, entry, staging and final ranking seem to be the least important thing for them.

I don't think the problem is OT, but the lack of interest of TVE in Eurovision. We don't know if there were really good songs composed for OT finalists that were rejected by TVE, and if the song is good, it's a good step in the right direction.

Kicker

I don't see the problem in Operación Triunfo, I actually even think that Spain had a quite strong NF, at least in its final round (Tu Canción, Arde y Lo Malo). There were just two big problems.

Problem 1 was the obsession of basically everybody in Spain with Amaia, so they wanted to send her to Eurovision no matter what. That Alfred isn't able to sing properly and therefore won't appeal to the european public was a fact they ignored. Thats why "Lo Malo" and "Arde" didn't stand a chance, altough both of them probably would have done better in the contest.

Second Problem: Tu Canción itself isn't bad, but the combination of an unbelievable static staging with a big lack of authenticity in combination with Alfreds Vocals killed it.

Ausesken

xrollinglol "today we're gonna lose again, nobody has won since Salomé, nor Civera, nor Rosa, nor the great Raphael, today we're gonna lose again, right? oh oh"
I love how he imitates Alfred's nasal sounds :lol:

Edit: tu mojón = your sh*t

mauve

Veteran

xrollinglol "today we're gonna lose again, nobody has won since Salomé, nor Civera, nor Rosa, nor the great Raphael, today we're gonna lose again, right? oh oh"
I love how he imitates Alfred's nasal sounds :lol:

Edit: tu mojón = your sh*t

:lol: I love it when the scoreboard is on the head! :lol:

Realest

We Europeans wanted "Lo Malo" or "El Remedio". You Spaniards were too selfish and didnt think about whats happening in 3 Months.
Justice has been Served.

Nefertiti

We Europeans wanted "Lo Malo" or "El Remedio". You Spaniards were too selfish and didnt think about whats happening in 3 Months.
Justice has been Served.

No offense, but how old are you? I've been reading your posts lately and this question came to my mind :roll:

Alaska49

No offense, but how old are you? I've been reading your posts lately and this question came to my mind :roll:
well it depends. do you need to know his age or his diaspora-adjusted age?

Top Bottom