14 5.9%

7 3.0%

7 3.0%

13 5.5%

• Total voters

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Plus the new Spanish diaspora in the UK did its job as well.

If only the massive British diaspora in Spain would get of their backsides and vote. :lol: we could have won their televoting.

Titowam

Since we know the results, I can finally say it:

Spain was underrated.
Deserved a higher placement, voted 3 times :(

cegs5

If only the massive British diaspora in Spain would get of their backsides and vote. :lol: we could have won their televoting.

They were most probably watching the BBC channel and thought they can't vote for the UK.

theditz83

Veteran
Terribly underrated - this was 3rd overall in me and my friend's joint poll of the evening, behind Russia and Australia.

Shame on you Europe for encouraging Spain to unleash another 3 years of Swedish-penned ballads on us! :lol:

zs1001

One of the most underrated song in the contest. Barei made great show on stage. I do not understand the lack of televoting points. Somebody should explain me the flop in televoting.

SirPeterGriffin

SO FUCKIN UNFAIR! This is getting ridiculous, just beyond awful! I feel so bad for Barei and for all the spanish people, no matter how great the performance, the staging or the song it simply doesn't matter because at the end the countries with most neighbors are the ones who do well. That's why i think Spain should make a protest and not participate next year. Mucha suerte nuestros hermanos ;)

ParadiseES

Thanks for the figures xup but Spain ended up 22nd not 24th.

In the televote we ended up 23rd/24th with 10 points, tied with Germany and only above of UK and Czech Republic.

VedatiNet

I knew that this one wont do well

LalehForWD

Quite a mystery why Barei didn't score better. A catchy song, a great artist and a flawless performance. I bet she would have done much better had she gone through the semi finals. Could it be she was simply overlooked in the big commotion.

ParadiseES

Spanish head of delegation said that Spain and other countries are trying to change the voting system (it's not new, but there will be meetings in the following months to get consensus). Their points is that the current system is perfect to choose the top-5 or the top-10, but it's not so fair for the rest of the ranking. He said they already have some maths studies.

Gosh, I think I agree with this man for the first time ever. Block voting doesn't affect for the winner or the top, cause you have to collect points from almost every country to be there, but its influence in the lower places is huge. When the amount of points is small, any douze points or high exchange with the neighbours distorts the result a lot. Without this, countries like Spain or the UK wouldn't still do well until they send a really good entry, but would be able to save their dignity and avoid constant bottom results that they don't deserve either.
We will not win anyway, but it's not the same to be 15th or 16th than 22nd or 24th.

ParadiseES

Quite a mystery why Barei didn't score better. A catchy song, a great artist and a flawless performance. I bet she would have done much better had she gone through the semi finals. Could it be she was simply overlooked in the big commotion.

This is a classic on this thread after the final, except in 2014 when we didn't expect the top-10 or 2013 when we completely expected the bottom.

LalehForWD

Spanish head of delegation said that Spain and other countries are trying to change the voting system (it's not new, but there will be meetings in the following months to get consensus). Their points is that the current system is perfect to choose the top-5 or the top-10, but it's not so fair for the rest of the ranking. He said they already have some maths studies.

Gosh, I think I agree with this man for the first time ever. Block voting doesn't affect for the winner or the top, cause you have to collect points from almost every country to be there, but its influence in the lower places is huge. When the amount of points is small, any douze points or high exchange with the neighbours distorts the result a lot. Without this, countries like Spain or the UK wouldn't still do well until they send a really good entry, but would be able to save their dignity and avoid constant bottom results that they don't deserve either.
We will not win anyway, but it's not the same to be 15th or 16th than 22nd or 24th.

Agree, hope they'll find a solution

A-lister

Veteran
I'm said for Spain, great party song that felt current and should have faired much better :( She did a good job, my personal #2 this year...

realist

I hope that Spain will not withdraw and not give up after this year, they deserve more than this...

However, the performance was was too dark and overall under expectations.

ParadiseES

I'm said for Spain, great party song that felt current and should have faired much better :( She did a good job, my personal #2 this year...

It's shocking that you have us in your faves the first year we don't sing in Spanish :lol:

ParadiseES

I hope that Spain will not withdraw and not give up after this year, they deserve more than this...

However, the performance was was too dark and overall under expectations.

Spain will never withdraw ;)

Eurovision is, after big football matches, the most watched TV show in Spain every year, even though this year got the lowest rating since 2007 (29,8%, 10% less than last year). It would be stupid to withdraw.

Top Bottom