Contact us

(... so maybe this is the) General Discussion Thread

Loindici

Veteran
Well, I can't find the 2024 general discussion thread yet. I'm providing a thread to house it before mods will make one.

You may discuss anything related to the 2024 contest in general.

EDIT: Welp, I guess it has manifested into one.xshrug Let's go guys!

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
Overall not mad at the running order. Bit scared for Greece now. And I'm mad that they put Silvester in 3rd as well, just like Monika 😭 Stop underrating legendary lithuanian entries, producers!!! He will rise like the queen.

And I don't know if it helps Israel that they are buried inbetween these uptempo songs or if it hurts them. Coming after Italy makes the song sound very bland in comparison to the more experimental proudction of "La Noia".

Realest

Overall not mad at the running order. Bit scared for Greece now. And I'm mad that they put Silvester in 3rd as well, just like Monika 😭 Stop underrating legendary lithuanian entries, producers!!! He will rise like the queen.

They kind of had to seperate the Big 3 (:lt::ua::hr:) from each other, so #3 for :lt: makes perfectly Sense, since the other 2 are bigger Favourites.

0scar

Norway followed with Netherlands seems quite a weird choice to me but okay
Netherlands closing semi 2 was predictable, Luxembourg closing semi 1 was predictable as well but for other reasons.

Overall I'm fine with the running order but it is still so weird to me that the prequalified countries are performing in between the semi finalists, I don't like that AT ALL.

I bims

Veteran
Overall I'm fine with the running order but it is still so weird to me that the prequalified countries are performing in between the semi finalists, I don't like that AT ALL.
Same it's really weird and confusing tbh. I thought they would just be the intervall act while the votes get processed. Would've made more sense.

han-g

And I don't know if it helps Israel that they are buried inbetween these uptempo songs or if it hurts them. Coming after Italy makes the song sound very bland in comparison to the more experimental proudction of "La Noia".
It helps, there will be plenty of casuals who don't like experimental songs and being in the middle of four of them will help Israel a lot. Not that they need the help, they would qualify if they were in the 1st half and given the 2nd slot.

njdevils94

Veteran
Takeaways from the running order in Semi 1.

:cy: opening and :rs: going 2nd (the only ballad from the first half) is so predictably Bjorkman. :lol:

:pl: in between two current odds favorites :ua: and :hr: is interesting. I think Luna will still squeak by though.The only ballad in the 2nd half and performing after what is believed to be two of the less competitive songs in :au: and :az:.

:lu: getting the pimp slot in Semi 1 on their return to ESC is no surprise. :pt: got a good spot in my view.

I bims

Veteran
It helps, there will be plenty of casuals who don't like experimental songs and being in the middle of four of them will help Israel a lot. Not that they need the help, they would qualify if they were in the 1st half and given the 2nd slot.
Yeah they will still definitely qualify. And you're probably right 🤔

Wynnter

The BIG5 + Sweden performing in between the songs makes sense from the perspective of the semis being otherwise short, so I wonder if they would actually even keep this setup if we went back to 18/19 country semis since it would then mean at most 22 entries performing. xthink

Top Bottom