Contact us

Slovenia SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

How do you rate the entry?

38 19.8%

17 8.9%

20 10.4%

17 8.9%

13 6.8%

18 9.4%

18 9.4%

10 5.2%

9 4.7%

11 5.7%

21 10.9%

• Total voters

tuorem

Re: SLOVENIA 2018

Best batch for last, as expected! Still I think this edition of EMA is nowhere near as strong as last year's. My ranking:

1) Mila (great surprise! based on the snippets, it's probably my fave, I look forward to the whole song. Hope it won't be weak live)
2) Nika Zorjan (very modern and polished it seems, a bit too trendy tropical house, but it might retain some originality, wait and see)
3) Orter (nice verses, I'm less fond of the chorus for now, I'm on the fence)
4) BQL (easy-listening song, but I'm not sure about it, it seems less impactful than "Heart Of Gold")

EscGeek

Veteran

bql is alright, my favorite today, but that's a weak selection at least when it comes to quantity
i wish we got full versions like in normal countires xgaah
rtvslo deseves a slap this year xslap

tuorem

If I had to make categories as far as my expectations are concerned at the moment:

-Look forward to:
Lara Kadis, Lea Sirk, Mila, Nika Zorjan
-May be willing to give a chance to: ManuElla, Orter, Proper
-Undecided: BQL, Indigo, Tanja Ribič
-Not really here for it on paper: Anabel, Gregor Ravnik, Ina Shai, King Foo, Marina Martensson, Nuška Drašček

I guess either Mila or Nika may be my favourite act this year. The live performances may change my opinion about all the acts though.

In terms of predictions, we may well see a Maraaya-penned entry in Lisbon, I assume foreign juries will go for this trendy international sound. But I hope others will stand a chance to impress as well.

Escology

Thx for posting snippet updates!

After listening to all competititors my guess would be as following:

For the win: Nika Zorjan, BQL, Ina Shai, Marina Martensson
Close behind: ManuElla, Orter, Proper, Lea Sirk, Tanja Ribič,
Others: Lara Kadis, Indigo, Mila, Anabel, Gregor Ravnik, King Foo, Nuška Drašček

But you know, universe is unpredictable so we'll have to wait and see the full performances to decide for ourselves.

Mrm

Veteran

I have listned to all snippets, I can say I LOVE these ones:

Tanja Ribič - "Ljudje"
Gregor Ravnik - "Zdaj je čas"
Indigo - "Vesna" xlove xheart Indigo go to Lisbon!!
KiNG FOO - "Žive sanje"
MILA - "Svoboda"
Orter - "Kraljica" xlovexheart this one seem brilliant too
Proper - "Ukraden cvet"

Hmmm...Maraaya was my ULTIMATE fave at ESC when performed, but look, I like all songs which are not penned by them...

tuorem

To me, Nika seems to have a stronger song than BQL this time. It sounds more anthemic and - should they choose between those two - I hope "Uspavanka" will be the one.

By the way, I dread to think of the translations into English, which will make the songs sound duller than they actually are. Hopefully, some will stick to Slovenian and won't be penalised by juries. The belief that national languages clash with modern music is a mistake.

tsegaye

I don't like any of the snippets, if I have to choose it'd probably be... Nika Zorjan? :?

EscGeek

Veteran

underwhelming selection, i know...:oops:
but last year i liked more than half of the songs and look where that got us at eurovision :lol: xpopcorn

I'm crowning Lea as my winner xballon

:12:Lea Sirk "Ne, hvala!"
:10:Nuška Drašček "Ne zapusti me zdaj"
:8:Anabel "Pozitiva"
:7:BQL "Ptica"
:6:Nika Zorjan "Uspavanka"

anto475

Wow, Slovenia is strong!!! Nika Zorjan, Indigo, BQL, Lara Kadis, Nuska Drascek, and even ManuElla are sounding amazing!! This kiiiind of makes up for the lack of the best arms I've ever seen Challe Salle and Raiven

Mrm

Veteran

ManuElla has the most likes on yt.. again like in 2016! :?

Mrm

Veteran

Indigo - "Vesna" sounds MAGICAL....when that acapella part starts, I feel like I'm running free on the green flields of Slovenian hills in early spring.. xlove xheart
Fresh air, fast clear stream,. waterfall, early spring flowers, slow mountain breeze...I think this entry in full will be WONDERFUL... xbow xlove xheart

Mrm

Veteran

[MENTION=14374]Carian[/MENTION]

Where are you?? I miss you ! :( xcry

tuorem

Unless they did it the deceiving way like "Fse" last year and took the best part of the song for the snippet, "Uspavanka" would be my pick for Slovenija this year. Semi 2 will be difficult to get out of, and it seems to me this song has the best potential for qualification. Just keep it in Slovenian though, it'd make you stand out.

Mila's song sound really charming imo, but I guess she stands no chance against known names and mass-appeal entries. I don't even know if she can qualify for the EMA final, but I'd love to tbh.

Lea Sirk's song is a bit too weird/aggressive to win I'm afraid, but she did that! Definitely a nice change of pace compared to last year. I wonder where it'll lead her in the competition, hopefully as far as possible.

Despite the controversy surrounding Lara Kadis's entry, I'm still curious to see if it comes alive live, I fear it may get messy easily with all those layered vocals. She's no winner though.

"Glas" is nice, such a huge improvement compared to "Blue And Red", but despite ManuElla's vocals - which no doubt will be great - sending her would still be 2016 all over again: she wouldn't stand out much imo. Still, I wish her luck because I enjoy listening to it.

My top 5 atm:

:12: Nika Zorjan
:10: Mila
:8: Lea Sirk
:7: Lara Kadis
:6: ManuElla

Top Bottom