12 6.2%

20 10.3%

20 10.3%

15 7.7%

23 11.8%

51 26.2%

• Total voters

anto475

I'd like to hold Omar Naber personally responsible for ruining the common phrase "On My Way". I see it in texts every day and all I can think of is this horrible song

DanielLuis

Apparently the :sl: delegation is considering the slovenian version to be performed in Kiev. The EBU would allow it but they have to pay an extra fee.
Regarding his performance, Omar will be alone on stage, wearing to same clothes of ESC 2005 (:lol:)

Oh God, the irony is just too much

Kaz

Apparently the :sl: delegation is considering the slovenian version to be performed in Kiev. The EBU would allow it but they have to pay an extra fee.

I sure hope not - that might be bad news for Portugal. Two male ballads sung in their traditional languages may cancel each other out, similar to Georgia/Albania. I have no doubt that regardless, the juries will save Portugal, but he would need to leave a much bigger impression on the public in order to do well.

r3gg13

Regarding his performance, Omar will be alone on stage, wearing the same clothes of ESC 2005 (:lol:)

Source: http://www.escportugal.pt/2017/04/eslovenia-omar-naber-lanca-versao.html

Now that I don't understand what he's singing, it's so much better.

Snide aside, I think this version is so much better than the English version. It sounds less banal and more sincere and emotional

Ezio

Veteran
I sure hope not - that might be bad news for Portugal. Two male ballads sung in their traditional languages may cancel each other out, similar to Georgia/Albania. I have no doubt that regardless, the juries will save Portugal, but he would need to leave a much bigger impression on the public in order to do well.

Nothing to fear for Portugal. Omar Naber's ballad is just another female power ballad that will leave the audience relieved, when it is finally over.

Sung in Slovenian language he might be able to shore up some neighbour votes though.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Nothing to fear for Portugal. Omar Naber's ballad is just another female power ballad that will leave the audience relieved, when it is finally over.

Sung in Slovenian language he might be able to shore up some neighbour votes though.

Another senseless, biased BS

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

There is no possible way that Slovenia would have any impact on Portugal. First because they aren't in the same semi, and because Slovenia isn't qualifying.

DanielLuis

There is no possible way that Slovenia would have any impact on Portugal. First because they aren't in the same semi, and because Slovenia isn't qualifying.

Slovenia is in the first semi as well. But yeah, it wouldn't impact Portugal.

hugh

Slovenia's rehearsal looks EPIC!!!! I knew Omar Naber would bring it with that powerful voice of his. xheya

EscGeek

Veteran
Keep the faaaaaaith..xsing xheya

I too think he stands a chance

He gets all the hate because of 3 reasons

+his 2005 song was better (i agree)
+BQL would have a better chance (i agree)
+Because of his past

but the majority of voters don't know any of that xacademic

Top Bottom