manuella_1.jpg

EscGeek

Veteran
Re: SLOVENIA 2016

I nominate Nina Pušlar...you know,to keep the tradition of Nina's :cool:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

If they win, could Raay rope Tina Maze into doing it? If not, then giving it to Martina Majerle would probably be the right thing to do given how great her contributions to Slovenia at Eurovision have been.

Kaz

Nina Puslar or Nika Zorjan would be two people I'd like to see. I believe that Nika was a backing vocalist for Tinkara last year.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I believe that Nika was a backing vocalist for Tinkara last year.

Oh - well then her. Forget everything else I said. All three of Tinkara's backing vocalists doing a mime-inspired piece of performance art.

Kaz

Oh - well then her. Forget everything else I said. All three of Tinkara's backing vocalists doing a mime-inspired piece of performance art.

Martina would probably be a good choice too, except her song in EMA this year was meh, and she's already gone as part of the main performance. (2009)
It looks like Nika is going to be a backing vocalist again this year. (in the middle)
https://instagram.com/p/2YJU6lmrXX/?taken-by=emaevrovizija

CatEye

Nobody here, appart of ESC fans even knows who Martina is. And she still hasn't learned to speak Slovene, so nope.
She was a no one before 2009, then for a few months she was "that Croatian woman with Quartissimo" and after that she was again a no one.

EscGeek

Veteran

how 'bout Kingston? I love them (old classics as well as newer songs)
or maybe Samuel Lucas with a song written by Željko Joksimović (how awesome would it be if Željko wrote one song for each of the 6 countries in the region)
Nika Zorjan is always a possibility...i think it's just a matter of time
I'd also love to see Zlatko (or another popular rapper)...rap is (sadly) not appreciated in eurovision so he musn't be alone...basically i want a good rap solo
Then there's Manouche. Their music style is nothing like you've ever seen on eurovision (the closest thing to them is electro velvet)
I'd also love to see,Elvis Jackson,Tabu,Leeloojamais,Siddharta,Muff,Jan Plestenjak

and i already mentioned Nina Pušlar & Maja Keuc

Krishoes

Second chance for MUFF, definitely. Good chance with them to go through the final again and have a decent placement.

CatEye

Here is my list of artists which I don't want to see at EMA. Most of them would have no chance at winning EMA and a lot of them can talk about their "career" in the past tense, but they are so annoying that I don't want to see them on TV or hear on the radio ever again.
The ones with an * are their EMA performances.
  1. Rock Partyzani*
  2. Any random ansambel with crappy polka
  3. Katarina mala
  4. Fredi Miler
  5. Mirna Reynolds
  6. Sexplosion
  7. Atomik Harmonik*
  8. Sandra Auer
  9. LeeLooJamais*
  10. Feliks Langus*
  11. Platin
  12. Damjan Murko
  13. Rudi Bučar, RTVSLO's #1 pet
  14. Alya. Can't stand her voice.

EscGeek

Veteran

I also don't want to see Platin,Feliks Langus,Sandra Auer and some random ansambel.
But i really like the others you mentioned. xmusic

Of course if we sent for example Rock Partyzani, europe wouldn't "get it" so it's better if they don't try at all.
However, Katarina Mala,Leeloojamais,Rudi Bučar and Alya could do something with a right song imo

CatEye

Of course if we sent for example Rock Partyzani, europe wouldn't "get it" so it's better if they don't try at all.
However, Katarina Mala,Leeloojamais,Rudi Bučar and Alya could do something with a right song imo
Rock Partyzani would get the same result as Portugal had in 2011.
I can't stand Katarina mala, everything she makes is supposed to come across as witty, but it really doesn't. I highly doubt that this could work at ESC.
Leeloojamais is just one big NO. Their music isn't my cup of tea at all it just sounds like one big mess.
Rudi Bučar would probably fail at ESC, just like all pets from RTVSLO. His ballads are boring, while his folky songs
Alya - her time has passed. She should just stay away from EMA for good.

You mean your 2010 entry? :lol:
We have at least a hundred of those here.

CatEye

good point:lol:
It's Anžej Dežan all over again. The public (except for Melodije morja in sonca 2014) never cared for him and everything else what he achieved, only happened because of RTVSLO. I seriously think that they won't stop doing this untill he doesn't win EMA and flops big time at ESC.

Mrm

Veteran

I still can't believe that AMAZING entry missed top 5 at least! :(

ESC results are shite.. :(

Top Bottom