Contact us

Semi-Final Allocation

eerik

It's been several days since the draw and no separate thread to discuss it?! Bloody hell!

First Semi-Final
First half

• Armenia
  • Finland
  • Greece
  • Croatia
  • Moldova
  • Netherlands
  • Russia
  • San Marino
  • Hungary
Second half
  • Azerbaijan
  • Bosnia & Herzegovina
  • Cyprus
  • Estonia
  • Iceland
  • Malta
  • Montenegro
  • Czech Republic
  • Austria
Voting
  • France
  • Spain
  • Sweden

Second Semi-Final
First half

• Australia
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • FYR Macedonia
  • Poland
  • Switzerland
  • Serbia
  • Belarus
Second half
  • Albania
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Denmark
  • Georgia
  • Norway
  • Romania
  • Slovenia
  • Ukraine
Voting
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • United Kingdom

DrawResult2016.png

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Wow, Great job SVT. Look at those amazing flag graphics. All of them equal sized and lined up perfectly. Couldn't be better. :rolleyes:

hungo

until now it looks like they dont put a lot of effort in the whole thing....

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
What do you exactly expect from a semi final alocation?

It may be an allocation draw but I'd still expect it to look professionally done. I could have made a better job than what they've done above. It doesn't really give you confidence that even in a simple allocation draw everything looks very lazy and rushed.

Chorizo

until now it looks like they dont put a lot of effort in the whole thing....

I think they have a really cool Ikea theme this year. I can't await the opening act, which will consist of looking for a missing screw and realizing that the stage was assembled incorrectly because the instructions were too confusing. This could be accompanied by interpretive dance depicting emotions like anger and confusion, and mimes on stage.

Then they will find the screw and Petra will come on stage and say sing: "Now all the screws have come together! Some are still sticking out because the holes weren't deep enough but it's okay to be different."

Brandt

It may be an allocation draw but I'd still expect it to look professionally done. I could have made a better job than what they've done above. It doesn't really give you confidence that even in a simple allocation draw everything looks very lazy and rushed.

The last time I watched a semi final allocation was in 2012. And I can't see much difference between those both tbh. Only if presenters wouldn't be boring in the beginning but beyond that the potential of this show can not be more than what they got, I think.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The last time I watched a semi final allocation was in 2012. And I can't see much difference between those both tbh. Only if presenters wouldn't be boring in the beginning but beyond that the potential of this show can not be more than what they got, I think.

The point is that in the one in the first post, the flags make it look a complete mess. They're all different sizes and different shapes and just rushed. The people doing these are meant to expert graphic designers and the quality is just shockingly low already. 2012-2015 looked significantly better than what is above, at least in them they can have the flags be the same size. Look at 2013, it shows that they can do better themselves.

http://www.eurovision.tv/save-files/resizes/f5/3d/55/86/52/82/35/44/17/b6/b7/65/2d/92/7b/e8/draw.jpg

http://www.eurovision.tv/save-files/resizes/48/6c/15/f7/a8/bb/91/bd/fd/c0/b9/d4/f3/20/04/f8/results.png

http://wiwibloggs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Semi-final-allocation-draw-Eurovision-2014-5-600x348.png

http://wiwibloggs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/eurovision-semi-final-draw-allocation-600x337.jpg

Chorizo

In all fairness, they had only half a year to come up with these graphics.
Resizing and cropping are delicate procedures!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

tuorem

The point is that in the one in the first post, the flags make it look a complete mess. They're all different sizes and different shapes and just rushed. The people doing these are meant to expert graphic designers and the quality is just shockingly low already. 2012-2015 looked significantly better than what is above, at least in them they can have the flags be the same size. Look at 2013, it shows that they can do better themselves.

I wholeheartedly agree, why so low budget and amateurish? :? It may only be a semi allocation visual, but still, for a country where Eurovision is allegedly highly considered, it does not look professional. IMO it's ironic how Sweden tries hard to win, yet they don't seem to make the most of their opportunity to host.

I just hope that the official visuals for the shows will be... neater, I don't know :lol:

DanielLuis

Wow, Great job SVT. Look at those amazing flag graphics. All of them equal sized and lined up perfectly. Couldn't be better. :rolleyes:

I think the sizer are actually according to the actual official sizes of the flags, isntead of putting them all in the same size ;)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I think the sizer are actually according to the actual official sizes of the flags, isntead of putting them all in the same size ;)

Yes, I've already commented on that. ;)

You do know the official proportions of all those flags are different right? http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/d/dimensn2.gif

Yes, of course I do, but it still doesn't stop them from making them the same size. If every other year is capable of doing it to make it all look neat and more professional then they can this year.

I know that flags are different sizes, but no my OCD isn't liking this!!

I feel the same way.

I have a spreadsheet where I do my rankings, and to the left of each country name I put a miniature flag. They are never exactly the same, and it kills me every time I paste the Switzerland flag.. (there are probably equally sized ones somewhere, but I can't find any).

MyHeartIsYours

I feel the same way.

I have a spreadsheet where I do my rankings, and to the left of each country name I put a miniature flag. They are never exactly the same, and it kills me every time I paste the Switzerland flag.. (there are probably equally sized ones somewhere, but I can't find any).
These people just don't understand our suffering :lol:

Top Bottom