Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Sammy

Veteran
Putin is against western values, so excluding Russia from the contest which is promoting these values, will not affect him. It feels good for us, Eurovision fans, though.
If he had no interest in Russia being part of the ESC, he would have followed the example of Turkey or Hungary. No, Putin wants to be respected, venerated, loved, praised and so on. As ALL pathological narcissists. You are right, he will not address the issue, but he will definitely feel that rejection. And this will be an issue for him.

MopManMoss

Veteran
With the clsrity of mind it gives me being totally drunk I declare: Russia go and fuck urself in Eurovision and outside... And eurofans please wake up it is not now that Russia is Russia so please dont wet your pants everytime Russia sends a crap song million voices my ass style and start ignoring Russia. What is Russia?
You bring up being drunk like every other day are you ok

ArmpitOfEurope

Putin is against western values, so excluding Russia from the contest which is promoting these values, will not affect him. It feels good for us, Eurovision fans, though.

It doesnt have to do with his views about it, its still humiliating for the country, as everything else thats happening.
If he was against it he wouldnt even allow Russia to participate in the first place.
Russia doesnt waste opportunities like this for showing off, thats why their entries are always competent.
So yeah hes against western values but he prefers Russia to be a part of it and be great at it than snob it.

Chorizo

Finally!

Russia should be banned from Eurovision until the conflict with Ukraine has been resolved in a peaceful manner. As long as Russia doesn't acknowledge the sovereignty of Ukraine and the borders between the countries aren't mutually agreed on by both Ukraine and Russia as well as recognized by the international community, there is no point in letting Russia return to the contest.

So EBU, you better not ban Russia for only one year and let them come back next year, no matter the situation in Ukraine!

macmillanandwife

I'm glad that Russia is not taking part this year. Also, it was the organizers and not the EBU that stated that Russia was welcome to participate. Everything was happening (and still happening) so fast that they were not sure what to say, and ultimately went to that statement. While it was not the best statement, I'm not going to blame them too harshly for that.

This is not the first time that a country was forced to not participate. After the 1992 contest, Yugoslavia (well technically just Serbia & Montenegro by then) was banned from participating in Eurovision. However, this was through a United Nations resolution and not the EBU.

I'm starting to get the feeling that every time Italy hosts the contest, a major war happens. In 1991, it was the 1st Iraq War, now it's the Ukraine crisis. Well, Toto Cutugno is not hosting this year, so I am a little hopeful the production will not be as much of a rushed disaster as it was 1991.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
the quote retweets on the Twitter statement announcing their ban is a mess. 🙃

Sammy

Veteran
Austrian newspaper "der Standard" reports Russias membership in the Council of Europe has also been suspended.

Apparently it was announced by Luigi di Maio.

Mainshow

Veteran
Auch ARD und ZDF begrüßen die Entscheidung der EBU, Russland die Teilnahme am Eurovision Song Contest 2022 zu verweigern. Die ARD-Vorsitzende Patricia Schlesinger und ZDF-Intendant Dr. Thomas Bellut äußerten sich wie folgt:

"Der ESC ist ein musikalisches Fest der Völker Europas. Er repräsentiert Werte wie Freiheit und Vielfalt und ist ein friedlicher Wettstreit kreativer Köpfe. Wenn ein Teilnehmerland des ESC von einem anderen angegriffen wird, sind wir innerhalb der europäischen ESC-Familie solidarisch. Deshalb ist die Entscheidung gegen die Teilnahme Russlands an dieser Stelle richtig“, erklärten die ARD-Vorsitzende Patricia Schlesinger und ZDF-Intendant Dr. Thomas Bellut am Freitag."

ARD and ZDF also welcome the EBU's decision to refuse Russia from participating in the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest. ARD Chairwoman Patricia Schlesinger and ZDF Director Dr. Thomas Bellut commented as follows:

"The ESC is a musical festival of the peoples of Europe. It represents values such as freedom and diversity and is a peaceful competition between creative minds. If one country participating in the ESC is attacked by another, we show solidarity within the European ESC family. That's why the The decision against Russia's participation was correct at this point," said ARD chairwoman Patricia Schlesinger and ZDF director Dr. Thomas Bellut on Friday."

source: https://www.eurovision.de/news/Russ...Song-Contest-ausgeschlossen,russland1582.html

Sabrewulf238

I discovered this video earlier and I wasn't aware about it until now. The pronunciation of Kiev is actually based in the Russian language and the correct way to refer to the capital of Ukraine is as Kyiv. (pronounced "keev")

It was also mentioned in a Facebook group I'm a part of that it's important to refer to Ukraine as "Ukraine" and NOT "The Ukraine" because that makes Ukraine sound like a territory and not a country. (which is how Russia wants the rest of the world to refer to Ukraine)

Although I hadn't referred to Ukraine with a "The" in front of it, up until now I had been using the Russian pronunciation of Kyiv so I thought others might still be doing the same and will want to correct it.

midnightsun

Veteran
What do you mean im bias when it comes to Sergey? He represented Russia post Crimea annexation twice of course im gonna single him out more than the one time representation artists because it clearly shows his words about Ukraine conflict are hollow, if he was upset at his countries actions towards Ukraine he should never have represented Russia let alone twice

Oh the bias. Nobody is talking about Manizha or Little Big. But sure, you don’t like his music, he is guilty.
But you can take a deep breath now, since Russia won’t take part.

By the way, I totally appreciate the disqualification of Russia in ESC. This was necessary.

Top Bottom