Contact us

Running order for Grand Final revealed!

Terence

I don't know why it reminds of :uk: 2014. Of course, it is different: Italy's performance will be slicker, stronger and better staged + it's one of the big favourite, but I've always seen Molly's slot as way of saying "we don't want you to do well". Putting a favourite last to perform is not an innocent move tbh (considering there are so many songs in the final).

To me, 27th slot is not a good slot at all, this is really late to draw the audience's full attention. However, I hope I'm wrong and that people will still be receptive after all those songs.

That's why I am worried... take the average fan - my mum :lol: - she fell asleep halfway through yesterday's semifinal... I wonder how people will stay glued for 27 songs, even for us fans may be a bit too much.

popavapeur

That's why I am worried... take the average fan - my mum :lol: - she fell asleep halfway through yesterday's semifinal... I wonder how people will stay glued for 27 songs, even for us fans may be a bit too much.

My mum felt asleep too :p that's too long for "old" people hahaha.

Jeansy

EBU hates us.
Europe hates us.
Everybody hates us.

6a017d3f6e48be970c0191029b560d970c-800wi

Excuse me, but that's our line.
Bianca-del-rio-face-2.gif

tsegaye

I'm actually not as upset as I should, but I think they really put Slovenia, Australia and Belgium in awful places for different reasons. Why couldn't they open with Serbia, it would've been the perfect opening???

Joyride

Guys, stop whining about the running order. :p We have that many favourites this year that it's pure math that one or two of them are in unlucky slots and others are in advantageous. You have to make the best out of it. That's it. Have a good song with a great performance and score high. Have a bad song and score bottom.

A-lister

Veteran
Guys, stop whining about the running order. :p We have that many favourites this year that it's pure math that one or two of them are in unlucky slots and others are in advantageous. You have to make the best out of it. That's it. Have a good song with a great performance and score high. Have a bad song and score bottom.

Well, if the draw would be random but now the "producers" are putting it together with the knowledge of the semi results... this alone gives us all the right in the world to "whine" because it's statistical that running order to influence the results and if this is chosen then it's highly questionable.

sapsan

Very nice draw for Spain, Latvia, Sweden, Russia and especially Italy to compete for the victory. Yes, I think Italy has a good chances to win with their last position. They'll show what is the real vocal what is to sing really and nobody won't forget it ;) and nobody will be able to arque that.

Joyride

Well, if the draw would be random but now the "producers" are putting it together with the knowledge of the semi results... this alone gives us all the right in the world to "whine" because it's statistical that running order to influence the results and if this is chosen then it's highly questionable.

I always thought the order depends on the most interesting show. I don't think they chose that order ONLY influenced by jury voting results. That would be too obvious. No, I don't think so. :mrgreen: Of course they will place popular songs on a strategically significant slot. But if a song is popular before the final it means it will probably score higher anyway. So I don't see any advantages for any song.

tuorem

I always thought the order depends on the most interesting show. I don't think they chose that order ONLY influenced by jury voting results. That would be too obvious. No, I don't think so. :mrgreen: Of course they will place popular songs on a strategically significant slot. But if a song is popular before the final it means it will probably score higher anyway. So I don't see any advantages for any song.

But that is the issue there: why 90% of the odds' favourites were placed either very early or very late in the draw? (1st, 4th, 25th, 27th...) it was done on purpose obviously and it does not seem strategically ideal for those countries if you ask me.

Only Norway (9th), Sweden (10th) and Australia (12th) got decent slots. They could have spread them more evenly tbh.

The dark horses can totally take advantage of this running order though: Belgium (13th), Latvia (19th), Spain (21st) and Georgia (23rd). Don't know what to think about Azerbaijan (24th) since they're performing between Georgia and Russia. xthink

Top Bottom