Contact us

Romania ROMANIA 2023 - Theodor Andrei - D.G.T. (Off and On)

How do you rate this entry?

2 1.5%

4 3.0%

9 6.8%

11 8.3%

10 7.6%

11 8.3%

9 6.8%

15 11.4%

12 9.1%

20 15.2%

29 22.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

CPV4931

My favorites here were Andreea D and Aledaida, so quite dissapointed with the result...not my cup of tea

ollibox

Hi!xwave

So, my opinion of Romanian national selection is here (first impression, watched only the song presentation videos on Eurovisionworld.com, so no idea about the staging):

12. Theodor Andrei - "D.G.T. (Off and On)"
Nope, not my cup of tea. Sorry. The singer is quite good though. Not the right song for him, I'd say. I'd predict bottom 5 @ Selecția Națională.

11. JaxMan - "Bad & Cool''
This time I checked the songwriters straightaway :D To my surprise, not western! :D Anybody else hearing Eiffel 65's "Blue (Da Ba Dee)"? Somewhat catchy, but as with Eiffel 65's song, leaves me a bit cold. Not a contender in my book, sorry.

10. Maryliss - "Hai vino"
Great country vibe, nothing bad to say. Not very impressed by the singer, unfortunately. The song brings some diversity to Selecția Națională and that's great! It's a good effort, but I can't see this ending up anywhere near TOP 5... But the song would deserve it.

9. Ocean Drive - "Take You Home"
Hmm... Mixed feelings about that. Somehow it resembles more Latvian and Lithuanian entries from a few years ago. NOT a bad song. Not going to my playlist either. Also, I can't see this ranking high in Selecția Națională 2023. This song is kind of a "in the middle" song and that spells "not great" result in the end.

8. Andreea D Folclor Orchestra - "Periniţa mea"
And there's some folk as well! If we look at Moldova 2022, that could bring some good points @ ESC. Although, I feel this song is a bit weaker than "Trenuleţul". I think it needs a little revamp and it's good to go to Liverpool! Take "Zaleilah" by Mandinga as a role model :D By the way, I still play that track at almost every party I perform as a DJ :)

7. Aledaida - "Bla Bla Bla''
With this one, also mixed feelings. Nice, memorable melody in some places, but the chorus lacks some power. Maybe on stage live performance would change my opinion, the song itself and the singer are quite good.

6. Steven Roho, Gabriella, Formaţia Albatros - "Lele"
This could be quite impactful on stage! This presentation video gives me no emotions though. With the right staging I would rank them higher for sure. At the moment, near TOP 5 would be the absolute maximum for that song.

5. Adriana Moraru - "Faralaes"
The beat is very catchy. Unfortunately the song overall stays a bit bland and not exciting, at least for my taste. I automatically compared it to "SloMo" for some reason... That's my problem, of course. Nevertheless, it would be a TOP 5 contender in Romania, no doubt.

4. Andrada Popa - "No Time for Me"
Awww... So sweet! My opinion - almost the same as for Deiona's song. Quite a heart warmer, but lacks a bit of something... Don't mind if she wins, but it would be tough for her to get into the final @ ESC.

3. Andrei Duţu - "Statues"
Ok, that song has some winning vibes! Very western beat (read: Swedish) and that appeals to a wide scale of audience @ ESC in my opinion.
EDIT: just checked who the songwriter is and I'm not surprised at all - Kjetil Mørland :D

2. Deiona - "Call on Me"
Very nice song! Nice melody, nice girl, nice voice. Reminds me a bit of Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love", which I love a lot. Might be a contender for the win, but I'm afraid that in Liverpool it could remain in the shadows of more powerful songs (like it happened to Croatia in 2022, LOVED that song!).

1. Amia - "Puppet"
Well, that's a nice swing band beat! Makes my leg twitch a little :D Singer's also not bad at all!
I see it ending up in TOP 3 in Romania for sure! People will like it, not sure about the juries. But as I understand, there'll be 100% televote in Romania, so... I'll definitely listen to that song more than once ;)

Overall impression of Selecția Națională 2023 - there are good songs, but not overwhelmingly great songs. Quite a decent national final, nothing bad to say. No great bangers, more mild and soft songs dominate. In my view, anyway.

Feel free to disagreexcoffee

Cheers!xwave
My absolute bottom place won? :oops: I MUST have a terrible musical taste... Mixed feelings now...

hijirio

Veteran
It actually sounds like a typical San Remo entry but then y’all would call it “quality” 🤣🤣🤣

I love the staging, but sis needs a better stylist unless he wants to look like a discord moderator.

The song…. needs Jesus

Sammy

Veteran
The middle part is okayish, the rest is borderline annoying. :5: for the moment but it I expect it to go down.

Rocket man

This is good, I was vibing to the song, the singer is charismatic, and I was enjoying the partial nudity from everyone on that stage. I hope this does well for Romania, it deserves it.

HarryUK

Veteran
I don't mind this! Gives me soft Maneskin meets Achille Lauro - and I loved them both!

rasmuslights

Veteran
hopefully Romania withdraws next year. Sorry but apart from Roxen they haven't given us anything good in the last 10 years.

FilipFromSweden

37th place xheart

Bobjan FR

I kinda like it.... But when i see the whole package, it reminds me the type of things romania send between 2018 and 2021.....

Top Bottom