08. Cristina Clara
09. Rita Rocha
10. Leo Middea
11. Perpétua
12. João Borsch

Like previous years, the televote is also open and people can start calling

Iolanda at 6 and Joao at 12 seems like a clear guess of who's the favorite here

JSSArcos

The most famous Facebook group of Eurovision fans in Portugal carried out a poll on who they would vote on Saturday, here are the results:

348 votes:
d.png

the lines opened today and you can vote 20 times a day. In other words, the percentage number may not mean anything, it all depends on how much a person is willing to spend.

Personally, I think I will send 5 votes on Saturday to Iolanda, What are the plans of other fans here? Vote for more than one song? Vote often just one? how many times?

lacrymea

The most famous Facebook group of Eurovision fans in Portugal carried out a poll on who they would vote on Saturday, here are the results:

348 votes:
d.png

the lines opened today and you can vote 20 times a day. In other words, the percentage number may not mean anything, it all depends on how much a person is willing to spend.

Personally, I think I will send 5 votes on Saturday to Iolanda, What are the plans of other fans here? Vote for more than one song? Vote often just one? how many times?
I usually vote a good amount of times on my favorite act (FdC, esc semi and final). So this time won't be much different xD
My votes will go solely to Iolanda. I'll probably throw a few during the week and go crazy Saturday night.

Decayingbooks

Iolanda at 6 and Joao at 12 seems like a clear guess of who's the favorite here
On a radio the show after semi2, they mentioned that one of the criterias for the running order was viewer retention, it makes sense to sprinkle the favorites throughout the show. Also I checked the last 3 running orders in the wiki and the winners of the televote in the semis performed arround the middle of the show, for example, Voodoo Marmalade and Mimicat won the televote in each semi and they performed at number 6 and 8.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
What are the plans of other fans here? Vote for more than one song? Vote often just one? how many times?
I will vote for João/Iolanda/Middea and maybe R. Rocha. I don't think I'll use all my 20 votes because my Vodafone bill last year was 💀 last year I also voted for more than one person, giving more votes to my fave of course

Surprised there aren't many people from tugavision willing to vote for noble given How neev-heavy they were in 2021

goncalovieira

Just voted 13x for Iolanda.
Do not know why but the xenophobia episodes with Leo Middea gives me a bittersweet feeling. It is such a terrible atitude from the haters but he will mobilize votes.

Decayingbooks

Today they started the rehearsals for the final and they shared some snippets in the broadcast channel on instagram and there won't be any significant changes to any staging in the final, no new props nor more people on stage.

Loindici

Veteran
Guys, how is the Portuguese public opinion on the final entries so far?

Decayingbooks

Guys, how is the Portuguese public opinion on the final entries so far?
I see things a bit muddled, iolanda seems to have more engagement overall, but she hasn't been doing calls to action like other contestants and it may hurt her at the end. She is the only one from semi1 still on the viral top50 of Portugal, at #14 on may 6.
There are some contestans, that I'm aware of, that have regional support, Buba Espinho from Alentejo, Noble from Amarante(a municipality, not a region) and João Borsch from Madeira, João also has been doing more calls to action and in a livestream a couple of days ago he explicitily said that he wanted to go to eurovision.
Leo Middea due to qualifying to the final has got a lot of xenophic messages an comments, it was so bad that it was reported by many news outlets. He could also get a lot of support from the brasilian diaspora living in Portugal, his song is the only from semi2 in the viral top50, entering at #42 on may 6.
And last one of note, Silk Nobre, thankfully his views are low and he isn't on the viral top for Portugal, but I still see a lot o engagement in his video and I worry that the boomer/gen x will vote for him.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
I see things a bit muddled, iolanda seems to have more engagement overall, but she hasn't been doing calls to action like other contestants and it may hurt her at the end. She is the only one from semi1 still on the viral top50 of Portugal, at #14 on may 6.
There are some constestans, that I'm aware of, that have regional support, Buba Espinho from Alentejo, Noble from Amarante(a municipality, not a region) and João Borsch from Madeira, João also has been doing more calls to action and in a livestream a couple of days ago he explicitily said that he wanted to go to eurovision.
Leo Middea due to qualifying to the final has got a lot of xenophic messages an comments, it was so bad that it was reported by many news outlets. He could also get a lot of support from the brasilian diaspora living in Portugal, his song is the only from semi2 in the viral top50, entering at #42 on may 6.
And last one of note, Silk Nobre, thankfully his views are low and he isn't on the viral top for Portugal, but I still see a lot o engagement in his video and I worry that the boomer/gen x will vote for him.

But she's probs winning the jury and coming at least 2nd with tele, so...

Loindici

Veteran
but she hasn't been doing calls to action like other contestants and it may hurt her at the end.
Just to be clear is this call to action for voting or to, you know, something else?

Decayingbooks

Just to be clear is this call to action for voting or to, you know, something else?
To vote, she has been doing content on her insta and even joined xitter, but there's no content explicitly saying "call this number" like other competitors have done.

Edit: A correction, after my initial post complaining of the lack of calls to action she did a reel saying "the lines are still open" with the number to vote for her.

Last edited:

Laepo1

To vote, she has been doing content on her insta and even joined xitter, but there's no content explicitly saying "call this number" like other competitors have done.

Edit: A correction, after my initial post complaining of the lack of calls to action she did a reel saying "the lines are still open" with the number to vote for her.
When the lines opened a few days ago she also posted something similar.

I'm a bit worried about tomorrow night, the portuguese public is unreliable and the juries sometimes as well. they might thing Iolanda win is assured so they just vote for something else.

JenJen94

Iolanda or Rita Rocha for me. Although I think Iolanda is taking it-her song is very good and I'd be pleased to see her wid FdC!

Realest

Why is Leo Middea not Part of the Betting Odds?

SirPeterGriffin

Any winner other than Iolanda will be a massive disappointment. No other song can be as competitive as Grito and i don't wanna live through another Viva La Vida situation which was a dangerously thin line between going places and NQ. I hope the jury also behaves instead of throwing some curveballs.

Let's go Iolanda!

Top Bottom