4 2.7%

5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

mercachita

Yeah... I like a few other songs, but my heart goes to Edmundo as well. We'll need the juries on this, though. The fandom is completely set on sending Mimicat. My hopes rely on them and the casual viewers.
Yeah, same! I like a few other songs as well. But not like Edmundo's, he really catches my heart with those vocals, I am so into them that I can't even explain it! I still have a little hope because of the juries yes, I can see them doing something and I am feeling a small noise from some viewers for Edmundo too which is good, so I'll keep with low expectations but still believe that is possible for him to get the ticket to Liverpool.

goncalovieira

I am starting to think about go on board thd Edmundo's boat.
It is really efective and that running order slot is not inocent.

DanielLuis

Still Cláudia or Mimicat for me. Can't say that Edmundo's performance really captivated me. Still think it's an ok song, but just an inferior verison of "Bandeiras".

BernadetteCydonia

even if the draw statistics are 100% inconsistent; since revamped FdC we ended up having male winners on odd numbered years and female winners on even numbered years, so Maybe there is hope that my delusional manifestings for Edmundo to win are on to something.

of course Mimicat can break everything but hope never dies does it?

lacrymea

even if the draw statistics are 100% inconsistent; since revamped FdC we ended up having male winners on odd numbered years and female winners on even numbered years, so Maybe there is hope that my delusional manifestings for Edmundo to win are on to something.

of course Mimicat can break everything but hope never dies does it?
To fill you up with even more statistics (and delusional hopes lol):

2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022 FdC winners came from the second to last slot xD

BernadetteCydonia

To fill you up with even more statistics (and delusional hopes lol):

2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022 FdC winners came from the second to last slot xD
That's what I meant with inconsistent draw statistics; in 2017 Salvador won from 4th/8 and in 2021 The Black Mamba won from 10th/10. We should expect the next non-second-last-conforming draw winner winning in 2025 and by then only

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Edmundo getting the apparent pimp slot is wonderful news. x I'm not digging his staging but he would probably be one of my favourites in this years line up of Eurovision songs. Makes a change doesn't it? I usually spend my time spitting venom at FdC for not having a single good song (for my taste) in it's NF since like 2014. xo

Hayato

I’ve been quietly cheering for Edmundo to win for weeks, and I’m so glad his performance didn’t disappoint, unlike Mimicat’s.

Just add some dancers and a little polishing and it’s ready for a strong result in Liverpool!

goncalovieira

Do you guys think that Edmundo should be an easy Q?
His song is great and he delivers the complete package, however, I do not know... the song is waaay more accessible than Telemóveis, but still. We are still traumatized about that episode.

AliceEsc

Do you guys think that Edmundo should be an easy Q?
His song is great and he delivers the complete package, however, I do not know... the song is waaay more accessible than Telemóveis, but still. We are still traumatized about that episode.
I think that Edmundo is an easier Q than Mimicat, but portuguese fans seem to love her song.
I loved A festa from first listen and his performance blew me away, which is a good thing eurovision-wise.

(Btw, I may not be portuguese, but I'm still traumatized too, I love telemoveis, so what do I know about Q chances?xshrug)

i anixi

Gonçalo Madaíl has publicly stated that semi 2 presented no unanimity regarding public and jury voting. So much so that it was impossible to know who the 5 lucky ones would be until they put both scores together. I believe this may be a clue to something, as it implies that such an unanimity existed in semi 1.

What does this tell us? Each of us should draw their own conclusions, if any.
I believe furthermore we shouldn't dwell so much on what we think will fare better out there, come may. Nobody really knows that, at all, and in the end people should vote for the song they like best. It's what it all amounts to, really. All the rest is idle talk.

Decayingbooks

The Portuguese 50 Viral from spotify today:

#06 Mimicat (-1)
#09 Edmundo Inácio (-1)
#11 Voodoo Marmalade(+2)
#14 Dapunksportif (+2)
#20 Cláudia Pascoal (-8)
#22 Bandua (-4)
#25 Churky (-5)
#27 Esse Povo (-3)
#37 Lara Li (new)
#38 Marco Mengoni :it: (new)
#42 SAL (-9)
#43 Inês Apenas (=)

On youtube Mimicat and Cláudia are still the only songs trending but have dropped to #15 and #18 respectively.

Realest

Bárbara Tinoco – Goodnight 8.3/10
Cláudia Pascoal – Nasci Maria 5.2/10
Neon Soho – Endless World 4.7/10
INÊS APENAS – Fim do Mundo 4.2/10
Mimicat – Ai Coração 3.6/10
DAPUNKSPORTIF – World Needs Therapy 2.6/10
Edmundo Inácio – A Festa 2.4/10
Esse Povo – Sapatos de Cimento 2.1/10
Churky – Encruzilhada 1.9/10
Voodoo Marmalade – Tormento 1.8/10
SAL – Viver 1.7/10
Ivandro – Povo 1.5/10
You Can’t Win, Charlie Brown – Contraste Mudo 1.4/10

Chalphon

I saw the voting simulation on escunited home page so I listened through all the final songs. I descided that Ivandro's Povo was the best song, voted for it. Then I saw the result and I was so far the only one to vote for Ivandro lol.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I still think you should send something slower. We have way too many upbeat songs in the 1st semi and sending a slow song would help you.

(charlie brown, ivandro, barbara, ines)

Sammy

Veteran
I still think you should send something slower. We have way too many upbeat songs in the 1st semi and sending a slow song would help you.

(charlie brown, ivandro, barbara, ines)
NO!!!! Don‘t tell them! On the point where Portugal seems to realise that you actually CAN have an entry that is NOT slow / depressing, this is the wrong piece of advice! :lol:

Top Bottom