8 7.8%

8 7.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Portugal-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
But Catarina Pereira, I can't.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I really dunno if there is bigger trash invented on the Earth than CP! :lol:

Uto

Veteran
But Catarina Pereira, I can't.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

To be frank, that number lost to that laughable attempt at a song by Suzy, so in this case I can understand the frustration.

Mrm

Veteran
To be frank, that number lost to that laughable attempt at a song by Suzy, so in this case I can understand the frustration.
Ok, I sort of agree, Suzy is HORROR!! :mrgreen: :lol:

hijirio

Veteran

there is, (see :md: 2019) :D

Uto

Veteran

This was six years ago. I don't feel like it's realistic to expect Portugal to have done more in six years than they have. They gave us a couple of good songs along the way, won ESC once and this year they have a pretty good selection once more. I applaud Portugal.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
The reactions for Quero Ser Tua always intrigued me.

It seems like international eurofans adore it in general and sometimes say it's one of Portugal's best entries, but almost every single Portuguese fan I know HATES it. They even made a thread on the portuguese group about which entry of theirs is their least favorite and out of over 50 entries, she was like 3rd place (behind homens da luta and idk if it was nevada or nonstop).

You guys really hate pimba huh

Mrm

Veteran
I can't stand it, I gave 0/10 to Portugal that year! xpuke

njdevils94

Veteran
My favorite here is Elisa. Expecting Bárbara to win the selection though. Pretty much accepted JJazz are chanceless for the final so hoping Filipe can get that 4th spot if the big 3 get the others as expected. The semis are really unbalanced for me. Elisa Rodrigues' song has started to grow on me in the last couple days. Also Throes + The Shine has improved on multiple listens for me as well.

Rankings

:pt: Festival da Canção 2020
01. Elisa - Medo de sentir
02. Bárbara Tinoco - Passe-Partout
03. JJaZZ - Agora
04. Filipe Sambado - Gerbera Amarela do Sul
05. Dubio feat. +351 - Cegueira
06. Elisa Rodrigues - Não voltes mais
07. Jimmy P - Abensonhado
08. Blasted Mechanism - Rebellion
09. Throes + The Shine - Movimento
10. MEERA - Copo de gin
11. Kady - Diz só
12. Luiz Caracol e Gus Liberdade - Dói-me o país
13. Tomás Luzia - Mais real que o amor
14. Judas - Cubismo enviesado
15. Ian Mucznik - O dia de amanhã
16. Cláudio Frank - Quero-te abraçar

Edward

Reading through some comments on this thread and another reminds me of the reason I seldomly come to the forums these days. The ignorant vitriol just gets worse and worse with time.

Anyway, want to try to see if anyone knows if the semi will be streamed anywhere online? How will non-Portuguese people be watching the first-semi? Ideally it'd be broadcasted somewhere around YT but I doubt RTP would set up something like that?

Decayingbooks

How will non-Portuguese people be watching the first-semi?

Non-portuguese can see the show live at:

It will start at 21h48 gmt

Mrm

Veteran
I want to qualify for the final in Portugal (in this oreder, based on studio versions):

1. Blasted – “Rebellion”
2. Filipe Sambado – “Gerbera amarela do sul”
3. Ian Mucznik – “O dia de amanhã”
4. Elisa – “Medo de sentir”

Uto

Veteran
I really like how people are rating Gerbera Amarela do Sul. It's the kind of song I hear in a selection and go like 'oh man this is cool', but usually it just drowns in a mess of average pop and fan-service. Seems like this isn't happening with this one.

lacrymea

I really like how people are rating Gerbera Amarela do Sul. It's the kind of song I hear in a selection and go like 'oh man this is cool', but usually it just drowns in a mess of average pop and fan-service. Seems like this isn't happening with this one.

Every year there's always a folkier song that wasn't among the favorites to begin with but manages to scrape into the finalists. My bet is on that happening with Sambado. At the expense of whom, i don't know.

Mrm

Veteran
I still remember and LOVE "Patati Patata"! xlove xheart

I want Minnie e Rhayra at ESC one day! xpray

Mrm

Veteran
@EscGeek

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

XSunacX
1 year ago
honestly this is the only song in the final that's at least a little amusing.. festival da cancao is not for me..pick whatever you want

Hide 4 replies
Rodrigo Serras1 year ago
Yeah Slovenia is knowed for their great results hahaha. Shut up at least we won the competition, you will never win sorry :D

XSunacX1 year ago
of course we will! Hopefully with a fast food song..😎

Rodrigo Serras1 year ago
Haha i will be the first to say congratulations! I love Ljubljana

Samuel Lourenço1 year ago
XSunacX, I really doubt that you have any musical taste. This is, by far, the worst music. Fortunately, an excellent song won instead of this one. Better, this song ended up in a lousy place. It shouldn't be even in the final. As you say, we might loose for a fast food song, but at least it shows that the Portuguese people have a good taste for music.

You are arguing with Portuguese, and now you expect they to pick your fave!? :mrgreen: :lol:

Top Bottom