5 4.0%

3 2.4%

5 4.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

lilka

It was in Stockholm, and yet I hear Dawaj Luna! Jedziesz! :ROFLMAO: (Come on, Luna! Bring it on!)
We are literally everywhere. :D

toinou03

It's a good song and she looks very unique. But the song itself is a bit flat. We miss some ups and downs. Hopefully the live will uplift it, but all in all à very good attempt from Poland!

goncalovieira

Do you think Poland is not qualifying?
They have Ireland, the UK, Ukraine, Lithuania, and Germany voting in the semifinal. 8 points from each and they are in.

Realest

Do you think Poland is not qualifying?
They have Ireland, the UK, Ukraine, Lithuania, and Germany voting in the semifinal. 8 points from each and they are in.

Lithuania gave 0 Points to Ochman, so I dont know which guaranteed Points Poland can expect from there.
I still think Poland will qualify, but Im not too sure, since not everyone from the first Half can qualify.
Except Ireland, normally I cant see anyone out from the first Half (maybe Serbia), but only 1 NQ from the first Half seems to be too few.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
When I've finally warmed up to The Power (I at least appreciate the melody, still indifferent about the instrumental ...) I decided to listen straight after to La Noia from Italy and the juxtaposition wasn't flattering at all for our song unfortunately. Last night I've also watched this performance of Justyna with her submitted song and I don't know what the jury members who put Luna above Justyna were thinking. Such a waste just like last year with Jann, also because of the juries actually. One Polish youtuber who's a vocal coach also praised Justyna for using ... 4 different timbres in WITCH-ER Tarohoro (actually I like her old kind of singing more as her main manner of singing is bit strange now but in this song it worked) as it makes the song more colourful, there's belting, slavic ''white voice'', ''growling'' etc. Meanwhile the song of Luna is nice, but rather ultimately just some B-tier sterile synthpop. I doubt people will notice it at the Eurovision and then there are question marks regarding her live performance in May.

Last edited:

lilka

Lithuania gave 0 Points to Ochman, so I dont know which guaranteed Points Poland can expect from there.
I still think Poland will qualify, but Im not too sure, since not everyone from the first Half can qualify.
Except Ireland, normally I cant see anyone out from the first Half (maybe Serbia), but only 1 NQ from the first Half seems to be too few.
Same about Ukraine.

ESC94

Now it was :pl: at the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny -I'm an absolute LUNA fan and really enjoy listening to her back catalog because she makes cool, modern electro pop. “The Tower” is no exception, the chorus is great and an absolute catchy tune. One of my favorite songs and that's why it gets the highest score. BUT: I'´m a bit worried about the live staging since Melfest Wknd. :12:

Berenike - Actually I like "The Tower" because the song has a very positive mood and I like the melody. However, I can´t get warm with the voice alteration and despite all the editing LUNA´s voice seems rather weak. And I´m afraid that the song will be very hard to get performed convincingly live due to that. :4:

Douze Points - Even though LUNA´s performance at Melfest Wkndr didn´t convince me at all the song totally gets me in the produced version. Likable electro sound, not really innovative but pleasing and due to the artist minimally edgy. :7:

Flo - At the risk that I could comment on this text something like this at one or two song checks: A nice pop song you can listen to without problems for three minutes. But then the question arises what the indivduality of "The Tower" consists of. There´s acutally little to complain about, but it needs probably more to stand out live. :6:

Manu - LUNA seems to me a bit (especially with previous releases) as if she was inspired by the Norwegian singers Aurora and Sigrid alongside Björk and Nick Cave. “The Tower” is a very creative pop song that could be played on all radio stations in Europe. But for my taste the sound could have been a little more creative and unusual. Still good :7:.

Max - Solid pop song from Poland, who could definetly climb up the international airplay charts. I like "The Tower" a lot and I´m sure LUNA will do something cool on stage. If it´s anything like the music video I´m optimistic. The very big success won´t happen for Poland most likely but thanks a lot for that!! :7:

Peter - I will rave about the Class of 2024 several more times in this song check round. Aleksandra Katarzyna aka LUNA is the best example of how the ESC allows chart potential and avant-garde that could have been created in Bogotá or Bucaramanga as a modern, ear-pleasing fusion. I like the mix of electropop, modern rock anthem and quick hits. And the video is top notch. LUNA has a likeable, edgy style as if she had emerged from the legendary Limelight of New York in the early 90s. :12:

Rick - Hmmm..... not easy. I have to admit that "The Tower" goes straight into the ear and doesn´t disappear that quickly from there again. LUNA has an interesting personality as well and directly scored points with me when I read that she´s interested in astronomy. But the song (in pure audio version) misses the special something. I really hope that that the song will get the edge that´s missing at the moment with a good staging. I would find it cool if they add some lines in Polish as well. :6:

Realest

I have a Feeling, this will be #2 in the RO unfortunately.

Im glad she surprisingly avoided #2, but #6 between the Big2 isnt that great as well.
Anyway, I still believe in her.

Top Bottom