Who'd wanna be a king
Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus

For the first year in a very long time, Poland will do well with the juries, I'm pretty sure.

Only thing to make it more powerful and stand out is some work on the live performance and staging. Need to come alive more, right now the performances are a bit stiff and the staging a bit bland.

But at least the vocals are on point, not everyone can say that.

Ezio

Veteran
My favourite contestants this year!
Krystian Ochman x Michael Ben David

IMG-20220409-052318.jpg
They look kinda excited in this picture. And I can tell that Krystian wants to be king, and Michael wants to be queen.

Ezio

Veteran
Serving the full package xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
River has been the only entry of this entire uninspiring (imo) Eurovision year that has grown on me a little. I admit it's been in my head and I haven't yet sought ways to remove it. I think it's down to the splendour of that bridge section, along with this eternally wonderful picture of Ochman that brings me much joy each time it randomly graces my screen.

_IIktkpTURBXy9mOGJjYWQ2MGFhNGNjMzYzMTZhMGUwZjdlYWUwZTc1Yi5qcGeSlQMAzQHTzQ2AzQeYkwXNAeDNAWg

I'm delighted to inform you all I'm upgrading my 6 to 7 points, and with it the further good news that Poland has officially entered my top 10. Now to enjoy some krówka with tea served in one of my beloved Polish mugs in celebration 🎉

ESC94

River has been the only entry of this entire uninspiring (imo) Eurovision year that has grown on me a little. I admit it's been in my head and I haven't yet sought ways to remove it. I think it's down to the splendour of that bridge section, along with this eternally wonderful picture of Ochman that brings me much joy each time it randomly graces my screen.

_IIktkpTURBXy9mOGJjYWQ2MGFhNGNjMzYzMTZhMGUwZjdlYWUwZTc1Yi5qcGeSlQMAzQHTzQ2AzQeYkwXNAeDNAWg

I'm delighted to inform you all I'm upgrading my 6 to 7 points, and with it the further good news that Poland has officially entered my top 10. Now to enjoy some krówka with tea served in one of my beloved Polish mugs in celebration 🎉

It´s never too late to join the Ochman cult. ;)

Bmbriga

I really like him and I love the song, it's 12 for me, I don't think his stage presence is bad per se, it's suitable for the song, but I noticed that he's having his eyes closed for the entire song and I really think he should change that/work on it.

Johnny777

It's amazing. The more I listen to River the more I think he will win ! This song has something magical in it and Ochman's voice live is the best.

markdowd

It's amazing. The more I listen to River the more I think he will win ! This song has something magical in it and Ochman's voice live is the best.
This song has so much potential, but could yet fall some way short. His lack of animation , closed eyes and rather static delivery could all count against him, especially if the staging isn't top rate. In short....could WIN, but also finish 8th/9th if it is all too dull. Will they listen and pay attention???

Johnny777

For me, the listener is all about the voice and the song itself. I'm convinced they have a plan for staging. And that can be great because if they handle it well it will be a positive surprise.

midnightsun

Veteran
Am I the only one thinking that his mysterious intense non-communicative attitude works for him and the song? I think it stresses the message and he's appearing even more authentic. Sheldon is overdramatic with his extravaganza to stress the message of his song which is basically (in a very broad sense) the same, at least both songs are about personal struggles, and I‘m fine with it because Sheldon created a certain image of his to deal with it.

Ochman on the other hand seems to be rather introverted and shy and that’s what his whole appearance is based on. You‘re able to notice it in his interviews, he is very exact in phrasing sentences, he seems to be very aware of what he says and how it comes across, he seems very contrived, not in a bad way though. I think he‘s planned everything very well and found a way to deal with his shyness. The way he looks and speaks in interviews seems more autistic than Sheldon actually (and again, not meant to be negative at all). I really think he is a very likeable person and his whole behaviour fits him and the song very well and I hope he keeps his spartan performance.

Johnny777

Me thinks this song is perfect for him. But this is Eurovision though, and it has its own rules. As for the voice and the song, for me he is the winner. It is not always the show that counts. Ochman has his own style. As you wrote you can see it in the interviews. I watched his live performances in Amsterdam and Israel. The idea of a glowing river of telephone lights was great. The contact with the audience, his culture, calmness, high level. In Amsterdam and Israel he expressed emotions and it was real. You could tell by his facial expressions. As far as the Polish preselection is concerned, I read that he was very ill then.

spinachpie

I would absolutely love this to win. I do have to say though, that his stage presence is... not great. That's my only concern with this coming Top 5 or not.

He is young and I guess not too experienced, so this is understandable, but I do unfortunately think this will affect both jury and televotes.

Johnny777

I for one am hoping for a very positive surprise during the staged competition. He is mature on stage, repetitive. For me, that's what counts. I'm a fan of his.

ESC94

I would absolutely love this to win. I do have to say though, that his stage presence is... not great. That's my only concern with this coming Top 5 or not.

He is young and I guess not too experienced, so this is understandable, but I do unfortunately think this will affect both jury and televotes.

Salvador didn´t have much eye contact in 2017 either, so I don´t know if this will have such a big effect. xthink

Top Bottom