Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Weren't though people convinced that Margaret would win in the past? Daria also has a lacking charisma on stage and to me her song is weaker than 'Cool Me Down' so hopefully something better finds a way to come on top.

exactly + if Margaret couldn't win (one of the biggest pop stars in Poland) I doubt Daria will. Ochman is way more talented

A-lister

Veteran
It's pretty obvious that the winner is (going to be) Daria. However, I would like to hear Krystian's song.
I wouldn't be so sure about it, both Krystian and Karolina are pretty much equally known and stand similar chances (depending on songs of course, but as far as name-recognition goes). I mean all of them are newcomers in a sense but Krystian had his The Voice success and the audience that came with that and Karolina had one of the biggest local radio hits of 2021 so...

Last edited:

blue00eyes

"Love blind" was quite big aswell, I thought it was foreign for a while and personally like it more than "Paranoia".
I can't wait for Ochman's single, I hope not to be let down.

I am still not sure why do we have 10 entries in the competition when half of them are completely chanceless and a waste of time.

A-lister

Veteran
I am still not sure why do we have 10 entries in the competition when half of them are completely chanceless and a waste of time.

Pretty standard for most national selections though, sometimes even 95% of the entries are chanceless. I guess it's just fillers to make the good ones stand out and obviously ways for national broadcasters to make some extra cash on televoting, viewership, sponsoring and make themselves look like they involve people in democratic process :lol:

Iker

Veteran
Help me, I like Lovesick of Kuba. It is not maybe my desired entry for Poland, but it is catchy and better than what I thought it would be after reading some opinions here or there on it.

A-lister

Veteran
Help me, I like Lovesick of Kuba. It is not maybe my desired entry for Poland, but it is catchy and better than what I thought it would be after reading some opinions here or there on it.

I think we have a case for exorcism here?

blue00eyes

I think we have a case for exorcism here?
Guy is fine, it's just the horrible nonsense chorus that ruins the act. Maybe in the future he will try with something else than uninspired la-la-love lyrics. As a filler it's ok and it is indeed catchy...

A-lister

Veteran
Guy is fine, it's just the horrible nonsense chorus that ruins the act. Maybe in the future he will try with something else than uninspired la-la-love lyrics. As a filler it's ok and it is indeed catchy...

The "lala" part is the least problematic with the entry but of course each to their own... I think a sure NQ though if chosen

Mainshow

Veteran
SlIghtly repetitive but quite catchy as well. The song being in Spanish and Polish was a lovely surprise. When the Polish verse kicked in, I thought they wouldn't give us more Polish lines but it is really balanced.

Unlike that Norway preselection song, the Spanish verse feels very authentic and natural to me (they just didn't come up with 3 or 4 common words foreigners now in Spanish). It flows so well.

What really bothers me: SOMEONE should have told them that "move" needs to be pronounced "mu:v".
There's no final obstruent devoicing. Them repetiting "mufff" several times throughout the song is somehow ridiculous.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
SlIghtly repetitive but quite catchy as well. The song being in Spanish and Polish was a lovely surprise. When the Polish verse kicked in, I thought they wouldn't give us more Polish lines but it is really balanced.

Unlike that Norway preselection song, the Spanish verse feels very authentic and natural to me (they just didn't come up with 3 or 4 common words foreigners now in Spanish). It flows so well.

What really bothers me: SOMEONE should have told them that "move" needs to be pronounced "mu:v".
There's no final obstruent devoicing. Them repetiting "mufff" several times throughout the song is somehow ridiculous.
The song is alright, some years behind-trend though (but that's pretty common for ESC in general so no biggie), but it sounds more like a radio song than something I think would work well in ESC I'm afraid, and yeah the "Muff" is a bit funny, it wouldn't be so awkward if it wasn't the main hook of the song, now it's hurting my ears a bit.

All-in-all decent, but a bit generic and I don't think it's a hot contender (5 years too late). Waiting for Ochman now, otherwise it's Daria for me.

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm really afraid of Poland now. I just keep my fingers crossed for Ochman now as well so far, we haven't heard a sure qualifier which is disastrous...I mean, we already got to hear 8 entries (?).

Daria could work but I'm still worried about the live performance + it's slightly too generic.

Yoozek

I think it's gonna be between Ania and Krystian. Depending on the "River", Ochmann will slay both the jury and televote scores or lose to Byrcyn. In terms of singing she has no chance - he won the voice against her.

Rest will be just a waste of time. I mean, most of the songs are not half-bad, but they're just not ESC material.

Last edited:

blue00eyes

This is literally Daria vs Ochman.
I am not so sure about the latin song, we're not Espain + Slo Mo is still better.

Iker

Veteran
there is a demo from the ochman song somewhere to find?

Wait for the Russian hackers! Hopefully this is the only thing we're all looking forward to and waiting for coming from Russia ... save for their Eurovision entry obviously. :(

Top Bottom