Contact us

OM31 KHARTOUM - THE SHOW & RESULTS NOW!!! (from page 3)

chontono

wuOx0Tv.png

Last edited by a moderator:

hawadharma

@chontono, if I can give some feedback:

1. I was hoping the text show has links, so we don't have to wait for the banners to load to click the link.
2. A youtube playlist would be reaallyy helpful, but I also loved the spotify playlist (except that not all songs are there).
3. And (this might be a bit demanding) but I love a recap video :)

Will vote today :D

iowacorn

This must have been the most silent edition of OM ever :D
Ok, guys, last day and half the voters left xcheers

I think we’re all in shock with how amazing everyone’s songs are plus the gorgeous GIFfed out banners. Ooooof.

even though I swear I know which song is gonna win, I can’t wait for the results! 🤩

chontono

I didn’t think of adding links to text, but the moment you tick on the banners, it redirects, so the whole thing is quite quick.
And what is the point of a YouTube list if all the videos are there? Then why the banners? That is why I better thought of Spotify. Also, with such a quick competition, a recap is almost impossible, unless we stop working or something for this contest xrofl. Anyway, probably those are good ideas for Mods to do if they think they are worthy and useful xrunhug

And what is the point of a YouTube list if all the videos are there? Then why the banners? That is why I better thought of Spotify.
Because having a Youtube playlist is extremely beneficial for those who are using smartphones. You can just let the Youtube list play the entries when you are on the go, no one likes the hurdle of switching between the web browser and the Youtube app when clicking on the banners in the crappy mobile version of the forum interface. Everyone doesn't use Spotify either, so having a Youtube playlist as an addition to that is ideal.

And also, you really should put links in the text shows to make it way easier for users like Ferret and Hawa as the banners might not load at all for them. Again, they should not have to switch between tabs to copy-paste texts because clickable texts that redirect to the videos aren't available for them.

I think the discussion with recap videos has been discussed somewhere here before, not sure though. Even if recaps might be optional it sure does help a lot with the voting for some. So yeah, having an optional recap video made by the host is a good idea.

Otherwise, you have been an excellent host Chontono! I'm awing at the incredible work you have done! xbowxbowxbow

I'm looking forward to the exciting result show coming soon. xheart

chontono

Then I think it would have been nice to receive that advice from mods before and I suggest you to include it in the instructions for future hosts. Otherwise, I cannot know each one’s needs , I just try to do it right for what I consider most useful.
So, yes, apart from a long list of buts, great hosting xrofl
Sorry if I wasn’t at the necessary level, guys, but communication would have helped me a great deal, instead of that everyone was silent until last minute, when nothing can be done, I really don’t catch it xshrug

Last edited:

Ewigkeit

Veteran
:ng: has voted. I have shortlisted exactly 19 songs. Absolutely no doubt it is one of the best editions ever, unrealistically good. My 11th would've easily got 12 in another edition.

Mainshow

Veteran
Take your time. Family/Life always comes first. Thanks for letting us know.

I just hope everything will turn out alright/fine again!

hawadharma

I finally have to cancel today's results show, I'm sorry, guys, it is a really serious matter. I think, however, I will be able to post it tomorrow, I'll announce the time :(
no worries chon, take your time ... hoe everything goes fine (y)

hijirio

Veteran
Take your time sis, and believe me you have been a great host 🥺❤️

Top Bottom