AISEL - Qaradan Qara

send your votes to @NikolaiMoller
DEADLINE: 17th APRIL 23:59 CET

voted (7/16)

Last edited:

Amir

Veteran
congrats again to :az:
and thank you very much for another medal for :lb: I got all three medals now for Lesbanon xcry
Thank you eternal host Niko for another great job xheart

Uto

Veteran
What a landslide. Congrats. Niko thanks for the hosting. RIP Mongolia. RIP OM.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran

chontono

Congrats to the winner xrunhug
Tbh, a bit disappointed again, I feel little support here lately but, apart from that, I am more concerned about the trajectory of this contest, where there used to be cool graphics and/or banners, enough participants to keep it vibrant and exciting, more taste towards other kinds of songs. Now people don’t even have time to answer a simple ‘do you want a LL?’ Question. And we can’t ignore the fact that we are losing players edition after edition, surely there is a reason for that. I think the hosts should intervene and take on the hosting or help out the host, make it cool again and attractive for new people too, but this is apparently too relaxed for hosts to step in. Otherwise, I can’t see this continuing long xshrug

Uto

Veteran
Tbh, a bit disappointed again, I feel little support here lately but, apart from that, I am more concerned about the trajectory of this contest, where there used to be cool graphics and/or banners, enough participants to keep it vibrant and exciting, more taste towards other kinds of songs. Now people don’t even have time to answer a simple ‘do you want a LL?’ Question. And we can’t ignore the fact that we are losing players edition after edition, surely there is a reason for that. I think the hosts should intervene and take on the hosting or help out the host, make it cool again and attractive for new people too, but this is apparently too relaxed for hosts to step in. Otherwise, I can’t see this continuing long xshrug
Stuff has happened that blackened the heart of the contest and it's too recent to begin entertaining thoughts of healing. OM essentially died the day the omerta was broken and we are dutifully dragging its corpse to the grave. Greener pastures await off in the distance.

hijirio

Veteran
Stuff has happened that blackened the heart of the contest and it's too recent to begin entertaining thoughts of healing. OM essentially died the day the omerta was broken and we are dutifully dragging its corpse to the grave. Greener pastures await off in the distance.

Okay uto i know you don’t like me but i still like you and don’t want to fight with you but i just have to put things into perspective here.

gotta refresh your memory a bit.

the contest started to die long ago. even this time last year, many people were complaining about the amplitude of dramas and the mods' inability to solve the disagreements between users, but the mods instead came up with ridiculous suggestions that aggravated everything. i was singlehandedly doing my best to bring new participants to the contest and keep it alive with entertaining shows but after a series of events which included being bullied by certain users, being told my character is too much, getting rejected for the mod post even though i was the most active participant since edition 1, i totally lost motivation and stopped inviting some friends of mine to join this atmosphere where I wasn’t happy, or where I felt like i’m unwanted.
I (also my friends) stopped joining the LLs to avoid unnecessary drama in my life, and have minimum interaction with the community.

Months before OM mod’s ban, participation numbers in LL’s had already dropped to 4-5 people in the absence of me and my friends.

I am pretty sure I had the ability keep this contest going, and perhaps make it the biggest contest in this forum, but that train is long gone, like more than a year ago gone.

I am now participating only for the sake of past beautiful memories, and to discover new music. Don’t really have the time/energy to connect with unnecessary drama, as my current #era and #lifestyle don’t allow me to do so.

some people were unhappy with my “too much” character, i hope now they are happy with the contest’s situation without my active presence. Enjoy!

iowacorn

12 Turkmenistan
10 Malaysia
8 Cyprus
7 India
6 Zimbabwe
5 Brunei
4 Vietnam
3 Kyrgyzstan
2 Russia
1 Israel

These would’ve been the South Korean votes… and my final set of votes for OM.

Good night sweet contest.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Not me failing to vote in my last edition :') Congrats Azerbaijan!

The contest is dying a slow death unfortunately. I won't go into all the history of why, but between the situation that happened last year leaving the contest without a moderation team and the overall niche vibe of the contest (unlike your WFSC for example), it's been clear the contest is not in a good place.

I've been told a new moderation team will be selected soon for a while now, but nothing happened thus far. Me and Connor are merely interim mods and we have another contest on our hands as well, much bigger and time consuming, not to mention real life obligations. I'm personally choosing to end my OM journey here, rather than dragging along, especially since I don't have time to research entries much. It's been a great experiment, starting from that AsiaVision Spin-off more than two years ago, I've always wanted to explore some countries' music industry such as Afghanistan and Nigeria and this was the space where I could do so. See y'all in other contests. xheart

chontono

And what is that other contest you are taking part, Gera? I might like to have a look ;) (hope it is not WV, btw)
I honestly had no idea about all this, I try to stay out of conflicts all in all, but it was clear something big and unusual was going on. It is sad cos the idea behind is cool but we as humans tend to ruin most things eventually, so...

chontono

Yes @chontono pls come back to WV xheat
You’ll be more appreciated there xheart
Thanks a lot for the cheering, guys, miss the warmth of this forum, but at the same time, I don’t miss WV because it used to be great for the first years but then more and more people far from my pot came in so I stayed in semis like every 9 out of 10 times, even with my best findings, which is discouraging ofc, besides I did not enjoy lately at all the kind of music presented there, the few genres with success were always the same and people seemed obsessed with English-speaking countries and regions, rejecting Africa a lot, for example, while I don’t particularly enjoy songs in English. Also, it seemed important to have lots of friends but I don’t live for it and cannot dedicate so much time here to mingle properly.
Anyway, if the unfair semifinals system goes away, I would consider to return :D xshrug xrose

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Thanks a lot for the cheering, guys, miss the warmth of this forum, but at the same time, I don’t miss WV because it used to be great for the first years but then more and more people far from my pot came in so I stayed in semis like every 9 out of 10 times, even with my best findings, which is discouraging ofc, besides I did not enjoy lately at all the kind of music presented there, the few genres with success were always the same and people seemed obsessed with English-speaking countries and regions, rejecting Africa a lot, for example, while I don’t particularly enjoy songs in English. Also, it seemed important to have lots of friends but I don’t live for it and cannot dedicate so much time here to mingle properly.

The overall taste has changed a couple of times since you last participated and we've had all kinds of winners. In fact, OM is far more dance pop-ish overall compared to WV lol. We also don't have the three semis system anymore, which was tougher.

chontono

Good to know, I could probably try again but after almost 100 editions before I don’t feel like having an OP mood right now tbh xshrug

Zeus

Anyway, if the unfair semifinals system goes away, I would consider to return :D xshrug xrose
This kinda sounds like me. I mean, sometimes there are weaker editions, sometimes there are editions with a few songs I do like. NQ's happen, but at the other hand (to my own surprise) I won the most recent edition for example. But results aren't everything. And from previous contests we did together I know I scored you quite often so at least you have one supporter already. :cool:

OP is needed, but it's just some waiting you need to do.

MARCOMEN

Thank you to everyone who voted for AISEL xheart especially Turkey, Vitenam, Brunei and Kyzygstan for :12: xlove

I'm happy to win in this special edition, the 50th edition of this amazing contest xheart

OM is my favourite contest especially music-wise. For instance, in this edition, I wanted to vote to 12 songs out of 16. Moreover, I love discovering music from all over the world and also from exotic places.

I really hope OM never dies. Shame I can't apply for mod post because my schedule is a bit tight but I still wanna contribute to OM by participating and sharing music. I'd also like to host next edition.

Aid Mubarak.

Top Bottom