Contact us

NSC 227, final results from 21 cet onwards, live from sclan

dogmeat

I really wanted to congratulate the winner and all, but instead a serious message to the @hostingteam

Congratulations, you achieved your goal. It is apparent you meant to make this hosting as poor as possible without outright breaking rules and being too obvious. Yes, this edition was in very poor taste, starting from lack of theme, titles wRitTen LiKe tHis, randomly generated no-context banners, low-key trolling with hebrew script in the show, not announcing individual votes in the final results, unnecessary and random division of hosting duties. All the shows were designed to be unengaging, which is evident in complete lack of engagement from the community.

You also ignored the winning nation's private message arbitrarily and without communication, after having a different policy in the semis.

You didn't do a poor job out of laziness or lack of skill. You are actively sabotaging NSC, trying to get people's excitement as low as possible. I don't know why you're doing this. You ought to apologize to the winner and all finalists, and promise to never do it again.

Last edited:

Buranovskiy

Deadlines keep things moving smoothly and make sure everyone's voice is heard fairly. You voted 52 minutes after the deadline, that’s why your votes weren’t counted.

If you ever need more time, just give us a heads-up beforehand. It helps hosts to plan better and keeps things on track without any last-minute stress.
00-52 is my local time. I voted on time!

Fierro

Votes from ::fie in the Final:

12 Kordavian Islands
10 Illumia
08 Calypso
07 Insomnea
06 Moisantia
05 Tamausia & Deltannor
04 Konthena
03 Perryfornia
02 Xochimilia
01 Trollheimr

I don't know whom I should congratulate at this point but I have voted for both songs and glad they did well in the votes.

esc87fan

::sak votes in the final:

12: Dalisska
10: Moisantia
8: Oosingimaed
7: Grand Duchy of Strenci
6: Trollheimr
5: Kordavian Islands
4: Illumia
3: Insomnea
2: Griffin Empire
1: Vylkuzeme

Although I'm quite pleased with my placement, I have to echo what dogmeat said. I know the hosting trio tried their best, but all the same there really was no cohesiveness or enthusiasm - I always look forward to an edition with a good theme whether I qualify or not and I'm sure others in the community feel the same way

Sabrewulf238

Congrats to Xochimilia! Pretty good song overall, ended up giving it a point.

Personally I think their votes should be counted. (and that's coming from someone who gave more points to Tamausia & Deltannor)

Otto

00-52 is my local time. I voted on time!

I have changed my forum time to CET to double check this.

And I see the time that you sent the results at 00:52.

We hosts discussed this matter today at length, and due to time constraints we decided to follow the NSC rules in this instance. There were other nations who did not vote in time (or at all), and we didn’t want to impose anything that gave an advantage for one set of nations who also voted late.

I am happy to share a video proof of this to the moderators if they request it.

The rules say that it is the hosts decision if votes are accepted or not. I personally remember NSC 123, hosted by @dogmeat, where my votes, were sent late and ultimately not counted. I don’t know what to say, the rules were followed.

doctormalisimo

These were the votes from ::doi

12 Xochimilia
10 Calypso
8 New Bander State
7 Ugaly
6 Insomnea
5 Konthena
4 Grand Duchy Stenci
3 Waiting Iist SN
2 Orangualia
1 Oosingimaed

Umm not really sure what to say about all of this. Xochimlia was an excellent song and my personal winner of the edition so there's that

Semi votes:

Buranovskiy

I have changed my forum time to CET to double check this.

And I see the time that you sent the results at 00:52.

We hosts discussed this matter today at length, and due to time constraints we decided to follow the NSC rules in this instance. There were other nations who did not vote in time (or at all), and we didn’t want to impose anything that gave an advantage for one set of nations who also voted late.

I am happy to share a video proof of this to the moderators if they request it.

The rules say that it is the hosts decision if votes are accepted or not. I personally remember NSC 123, hosted by @dogmeat, where my votes, were sent late and ultimately not counted. I don’t know what to say, the rules were followed.
I'll explain it again.
The fact that it is 23-59 here, I have it listed as 0-59. That means I cast my votes in time! This is Russian time.

I'm exactly 1 hour ahead of YOUR EUROPEAN time!

Karhu

My sincerest apologies to everyone affected for failing to vote. I feel bad but I’ve had a lot on my plate lately and it genuinely slipped my mind completely :(

I will say that Xochimilia was my favorite song from the semifinal I voted in and I’ve continued to have it on repeat since then, so I hope this little mishap can be cleared up quickly and I can properly congratulate them on a well-deserved victory soon xheart

Otto

I'll explain it again.
The fact that it is 23-59 here, I have it listed as 0-59. That means I cast my votes in time! This is Russian time.

I'm exactly 1 hour ahead of YOUR EUROPEAN time!

You voted at 01:52 Moscow time. As proof, I changed my forum time to Moscow time now.

I’m sorry for any confusion.

Lenalite

I really wanted to congratulate the winner and all, but instead a serious message to the @hostingteam

Congratulations, you achieved your goal. It is apparent you meant to make this hosting as poor as possible without outright breaking rules and being too obvious. Yes, this edition was in very poor taste, starting from lack of theme, titles wRitTen LiKe tHis, randomly generated no-context banners, low-key trolling with hebrew script in the show, not announcing individual votes in the final results, unnecessary and random division of hosting duties. All the shows were designed to be unengaging, which is evident in complete lack of engagement from the community.

You also ignored the winning nation's private message arbitrarily and without communication, after having a different policy in the semis.

You didn't do a poor job out of laziness or lack of skill. You are actively sabotaging NSC, trying to get people's excitement as low as possible. I don't know why you're doing this. You ought to apologize to the winner and all finalists, and promise to never do it again.
You have no right to come for people's hostings when you yourself went Houdini for a month during one of your hostings, with no explanation or respect for the community whatsoever.

So cut us all some slack. You don't know who's done what or what has gone down in the background. We were all commited hosts and wanted to honor our chance to host altogether. So stop the bullying immediately. You are the one trying to create drama at the moment.

We are not visual artists or hosting professionals. This is, at the end of the day, a side hobby. We all have full -time jobs and busy schedules, and we have done the best we could. So learn to respect that. We don't owe you Eurovision visuals.

At least we had the dignity to complete our hosting, and we followed our own fundamentals. Unlike you, who had to be summoned by the police before being able to continue your hosting duties.

pjelacki

::beg votes

12 Calypso
10 New Bander State
08 Biflovatia
07 Xochimilia
06 Orangualia
05 Fervorosia
04 Konthena
03 Öösingimäed
02 Lukeland
01 Illumia

really enjoying my top 3 xheat

I consider Xochimilia to be the winner of this edition, so congratulations to you! (T&D is of course still a great result too)

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was really engaged and entertained by bare mysteriousness and vagueness of the shows, visuals and dynamics of it all.
Not everything needs to be cutting-edge perfect and polished to be accepted as valid and engaging. NSC has become too predictable and stale in recent years and even this kind of randomness gives it a breath of fresh era reminiscing why NSC became NSC in first place.

The distasteful accusations of sabotage and ill-spirited intents are very uncalled for and require listing proof and illustrated exhibits with explanation otherwise I can’t take them as anything else other than grasping for non-existing straws while trying to demean my close friends I know for years as just and fair humans with big heart - which whole trio consisting the host committee happens to be.

You’ve all done a great job and I appreciate your vision for what it is the same way I prefer to stay silent or more tactful with my words when there’s not much praise going on in my impressions.

Congratulations to the winner and thank you for bringing Denmark of Spears back to the final which is ultimately such a great reward I cherish despite of bottom-tier final result. xhug

Peace will always be our choice but with this very long post I have no choice but to CHOOSE bringing the spears out to defend my closest friends and their effort.

Love, Vaso.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
@Buranovskiy can you invite the mod team (Stargazer, Veronika, and I) to the conversation in which your votes were sent? That's probably the best way to independently verify this.

dogmeat

Unnie may have their faults, but it is no way okay to say someone is not wanted. It is beyond rude and disrespectful.
I forgive personality flaws. I do not forgive malicious trolling

EDIT: I do not have the energy to explain myself in great detail right now, but Lenalite brought up a situation from over ten years ago, when my hosting happened in a time of great personal and emotional troubles. Which he is aware of. Those were struggles I've beaten since then and I prefer not to reminisce them. It was brought up with an intention to provoke me.

Last edited:

Buranovskiy

You voted at 01:52 Moscow time. As proof, I changed my forum time to Moscow time now.

I’m sorry for any confusion.
Right. The difference between Moscow and Europe is 2 hours. And since I'm from Kaliningrad, the difference is 1 hour. 1 hour AHEAD.

23-59 CET = 0:59 My time = 1:59 MSC

I voted 8 minutes ahead of DL

nofuxCZ

Congrats Xochimilia! Love the song and expected it to win

I apologize to everyone who voted for ::bif. I had a hectic weekend and NSC completely slipped out of my mind so I voted at 2:27 last night.
This would have been my votes:

12 Orangualia
10 Xochimilia
8 Konthena
7 Calypso
6 Belvist
5 Tamausia & Deltannor
4 Sakuralia
3 Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici
2 New Bander State
1 Moisantia

Last edited:

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Right. The difference between Moscow and Europe is 2 hours. And since I'm from Kaliningrad, the difference is 1 hour. 1 hour AHEAD.

23-59 CET = 0:59 My time = 1:59 MSC

I voted 8 minutes ahead of DL
Ah, this is where your confusion is coming from. Kaliningrad time is the same as CET right now, because Europe moves their clocks 1 hour forward in spring but Russia does not.

Top Bottom