Contact us

Not enough moderation at the political section/Freedom of Speech

Milos-BC

What exactly happened to the political subforum topic that was titled something like: mass immigration in Europe. Why is it gone? Was it deleted? If so, why was the entire topic deleted?

It is deleted per request of the thread opener.

SpZ

It is deleted per request of the thread opener.

And why exactly does he have the right to decide that all posts that the other people wrote should be deleted? I can understand to some extent if you delete people's own posts on request, but deleting other people's post when they do not violate any rules is simply wrong. Can we get the topic back?

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was the topic creator's topic. They have the right to have it deleted if they wish.

SpZ

It was the topic creator's topic. They have the right to have it deleted if they wish.

No, not really. One does not have a monopoly on the topics they do create. I can buy the argument that whoever created the topic could have requested all of his/her posts to be deleted, but he does not own the posts written by others. Eg, I do not (or at least should not) have the right to get the post you just wrote deleted.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I am currently reviewing the issue. Threads should not be deleted, even if requested by the author. Members do not own a thread they opened as there are a lot of other posts that have been posted and a lot of work and effort has been put int that by everyone.

So if this thread is gone indeed, I'm hoping for this to be a one time hiccup.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
We are looking into this situation, thanks to [MENTION=4464]SpZ[/MENTION] to pointing it out, we can clear out at least some things with similar situations:
- as [MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION] said already, opener of the thread does not own the thread (member whose post is 1st in the thread at the moment is listed as thread owner, but also, if some member owned the thread, then that member would have powers to do what he/she wants with thread like edit or delete the posts, etc.), that member owns only own posts, what means that we won't delete the thread if it already has posts by others, but there are some exceptions:
- breaking of the rules (most common: spambots/spammers - in 90% of situations those threads are sth. random and members who post in most of the cases comment on that spambot, so in that case whole thread will be deleted because it's breaking of the board rules)
- when someone opens a thread in e.g. wrong section and then renames the thread to BIG MISTAKE or sth. like that, in this situation posts by other members are also mostly coment like e.g. some song with title Big Mistake or sth. like that, but I would prefer if thread opener PMed one of admins/mods to move the thread to correct section instead of renaming it to BIG MISTAKE or sth. like that and asking for deleting of it
- hopefully this is one-time hiccup, so it won't happen again :D

LeBomb

Hi,

Just wondering if any action will be taken in regards to my report from yesterday.

Regards.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Hi,

Just wondering if any action will be taken in regards to my report from yesterday.

Regards.

I'm sick for the last few days, so I wasn't online much, but we'll look into it as soon as possible :D

Top Bottom