3 1.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

To me this screams fanflop of the year. It's not as good as previous :no: entries and won't have such a big impact at Eurovision.

Datura

To me this screams fanflop of the year. It's not as good as previous :no: entries and won't have such a big impact at Eurovision.
oh i think this totally stands out. the staging is one of the best (judging from the national finals) and theres no song like this. if she sings it well (which is essential for this song, when she doesn't hit the notes its absolutely painful) i think this will do pretty well

Pencissy

You kidding right? Can't stand the fact that in odds even UK is higher than that beautiful norsk song.

aef

You kidding right? Can't stand the fact that in odds even UK is higher than that beautiful norsk song.
Let’s wait and see! Giving me :fr: 2022 vibes somehow.

Well it won’t have such a devastating result but I’m not expecting 200/250 points from televoting.

Neo

OT, but quite impressed with the winner of Sami Grand Prix, Bycecilia - Mannem åajaldahtem. The voice is quite cool and song decent too.

The Sámi Grand Prix, often abbreviated as SGP, is a Sámi yoik and song competition organized annually by the Sámi Music Festival organization (Northern Sami: Sámi musihkkafestivála, Norwegian: Samisk Musikkfestival), featuring participants from all corners of Sápmi. While the majority of its participants have been from the Norwegian side of Sápmi, Sámi from the Swedish, Finnish, and Russian sides have been increasingly participating in recent years too.

Hy Dranger

I liked Ulveham but it left me feeling somehow unfulfilled. I agree there's a subtle Celtic component, maybe that could be given greater prominence to contrast with the heavy metal sound?
But so far this year I've not heard any songs that sound like winners to me, though I prefer Ulveham to Dizzy, I llike the Norse mythology vibe. Now if only the Finnish entry had a Moomintroll theme.....

Paco Roca

Great performance by Gåte. Great musicians who know how to give us Rock with epic and folkloristic contours. The singer is excellent but the difficulty of "Ulveham" is extreme and in Barcelona where the sound system was not excellent she struggled a little. Not being able to count on the perfect support of the instrumental part, the voice found itself a bit "isolated" and some slight fraying was noticeable. In May on the Malmö stage I predict a devastating performance that will lead Norway to compete for the crystal microphone with the favourites. Together with Serbia, she is a dark horse.

Seregil Korit

Yeah, I feel this will do much better them people expect - it covers at least two itches of which we don't have that much this year- there's a certain campy Nordic feel to it + it's a very respectable rock entry.
And it really stands out.

ESC94

Today it was time for :no: at the ESC kompakt 2024 songchecks.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - Super interesting number that is extraordinary right from the first cow call. “Ulveham” still grabs me live (what a voice!), but other than that I’ve gotten a little tired of listening to the song. Maybe my heart will flare up again in Malmö. :7:

Berenike - What appeals to me is the folkloric and rocky quality, as well as the bombastic, dark quality that characterizes the song. At the same time, there's a bit too much screaming and a bit too little melody in the chorus for me. :6:

Douze Points - Personally, that's not my thing at all. But: guests picked me up at the live performance at MELFEST WKND. What a powerful performance! Great mix of hard rock and folkore elements. Very well sung. :7:

Flo - Atmospheric and relevant, no question. But personally it doesn't really resonate with me. This is perhaps also due to the break from the pre-chorus to the chorus caused by the singing of singer Gunnhild Sundli. In any case, nothing that I really need to hear again. And at the same time it definitely has quality and will find its supporters. :6:

Manu - For many people, “Ulveham” only came to life during the live performance in the Norwegian preliminary round, which surprised me a bit. I like the driving rhythm of the verses, even if I don't really like the medieval sound otherwise. Even if I don't understand anything lyrically, the song and the vocals are extremely atmospheric. I really like hearing that in the “Full Version”, which is twice as long. :10:

Max - It took a while, but now the song has grabbed me. The combination of folk, rock and this dark atmosphere, which arises especially during the performance around singer Gunnhild, has now cast a spell on me. Norway is also appearing again after a long time with a song in the national language. The song really stands out in this year's field of participants. This could give Norway some points. :8:

Peter - I regularly get a lot of respect when a band establishes itself with a lot of live and touring commitment. This career path is the most difficult, but also the most sustainable. And the crossover mixture of rock and local Norwegian folk music is also great, just as I find it fascinating that song components can be traced back to the Middle Ages. Regardless of these pros, the pathetically presented song itself is not one of my favorites of the year. :7:

Rick - In a word: magical! Although the chorus bothered me a little at first because it sometimes sounds so “acoustic” or empty, “Ulvehem” grabbed me straight away. In combination with the natural spectacles that are repeatedly shown in the live performance, this is great cinema. I'm also really happy about a Norwegian ESC contribution sung entirely in the local language. I know I'm giving the top rating a lot this year, but I'm doing it with full conviction. Norway, like many others, simply delivers a perfect song this year. :12:

DirtyFalcon

Ulveham is still my winner even with all the entries released. This is the ultimate norwegian entry, the kind of entry i dreamed of for Norway. Every single time, listening to this song and the live performance in MGP gives me absolute shivers. I will attend Eurovision for the first time this year and with the big basses and sound on the arena, i think i can literally have an eargasm when i will witness this piece of art on the arena. I can say now that it's my favourite Eurovision entry of all time by a mile ! :love:

Top Bottom