3 1.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

I mean KEiiNO came 2nd and that by only 5 points. So it’s not right if people are now acting as if they totally underperformed. Becoming first or second with such a small margin is basically pure luck.

jatojo

The musical inspiration for Ulveham: a so-called lokk sung by a woman born 150 years ago. Identical to the intro of Ulveham:

Last edited:

shameless

The show is bombastic but the song feels like nothing special at all, feels like I heard it about dozens of times over the years but given its Norway I am sure it will do well with the voters regardless.

Phoenix

Apart from Ukraine, this is the only song that offers something worthwhile as of now, and I'm happy they went with this instead of that Aqua carbon copy. That said, I don't think it's the best thing ever, but there is room for growth :8:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
So i thought i did not have a pre-show obsession after last Saturday but turns out that i spoke to soon.

This is one. :12: points. :cat_heart_eyes:

Sparky

I mean KEiiNO came 2nd and that by only 5 points. So it’s not right if people are now acting as if they totally underperformed. Becoming first or second with such a small margin is basically pure luck.
The haters aren't rooting for Gate. They are rooting AGAINST Keiino.

ArmpitOfEurope

A :7: from me, its weird but this somehow manages to be exceptional and bad at the same time? ( mostly coz of her small vocal cracks ).
Norway will be in the top 10 again tho, its giving lower top 8

mddr

One of my favorite genres and favorite bands in that. Hearing the song and being in deep waters with the genre, I thought it's nice that they participate, but dismissed this as not their best song, even among their newest material through which I originally only came to know them, and therefore their chances to win MGP as well. I liked the song, but nothing extraordinary for me.

Then I woke up to realize the fandom is going nuts about it and checked the live performance. Now I understand why, it was impressive.

I dismissed Cha Cha Cha similarly last year after hearing it due to personal bias (it's hard to objectively rate something you're familiar with, as what you personally already enjoy, doesn't still most of the time translate to what makes a good Eurovision entry) and later on due to juries not letting it win (vocals, mostly) although the hype for the song was otherwise obvious.

I think Ulveham will be this year's Cha Cha Cha, not only for me, but for the wider public as well, yet this one has an actual chance of winning, if only Gunnhild's voice didn't crack and nothing extremely impressive came up from the remaining countries (Serbia, Portugal, Sweden, UK and even much of their participants we sort of know what to expect, so...).

We'll see.

Last edited:

ayzelto

I know this one has a lot of fans, but I think it's going to underperform in Eurovision. Maybe it's because I personally don't see the appeal on it, but for me it kinda sounds like a fanwank song atm.

moop

first impression, verse pretty cool, then the chorus smacked me back to reality. end result, dogshit, terrible.

Skrzeczk

Something like 10 years ago I was looking for music in Norwegian. I just wrote "songs in norwegian" in Google. On one of the first pages, there was a forum, where somebody recommended band Gåte. I checked it out and their music impressed me, especialy a song called "Bendik og Årolilja". I was really, really addicted to that song. I thought, I would like to hear them at Eurovision, but I really didn't expect that it would happen. The band was inactive, they came back in 2017. As you know, It's 2024, they competed in MGP and... they won. They're representing Norway in ESC 2024.

It's the first time a band, that I like so much, competes at Eurovision. Ulveham is one of their better song, blending folk, rock and a bit of electronica in a good way. National final performance was great and made me like this song more. After all this time Gunnhild Sundli is still great, her vocal is unique.

These are my 2 favourite songs of Gåte:

Bendik og Årolilja​

Kjærleik (Acoustic version)​

Good luck, Gåte, you've got my support!

Top Bottom