8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

theditz83

Veteran
It blows my mind a little bit that this was the first time Norway did 40/60 split and had they done it 50/50 as before, Keiino would've won
And this is why I'm not okay.

Has Eurovision introduced a 60/40 televote/jury split?

Congrats Gåte (for you @Morty :p ) I guess. Trying not to be bitter, failing miserably, want to be sick.

So I went to listen the studio version and it really is a song without melody.

It has pre-recorded EDM bass, bass guitar 2 chords riff, and one classic drumkick beat. That's all.

This won't work people. Not with the juries, nor the public.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
kldfsgkjldfgkjldfgkjldfgkl I know you dont like it Morty but I cant write the accent with my keyboard!!

Keep in mind they don't perhaps have such a letter as å on their keyboard.

Copy/paste. I can almost understand mobile users, it's trickier on a phone, but with a keyboard, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are your friends. ;)

theditz83

Veteran
Copy/paste. I can almost understand mobile users, it's trickier on a phone, but with a keyboard, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are your friends. ;)
It's actually easy on the phone - press and hold a to get all the accent options. That's why I tend to do it since I'm mostly always on phone here.

heke1988

Well people are usually lazy for copying and pasting.

MS.

Norway did the right choice i think tonight. Really love GATE !! The studio version was good but what elevated the song for me was the live version with the amazing live vocals and the great staging.

JSSArcos

:12: x12points

I now challenge someone to take Norway out of 1st place in the season!

one of the best eurovision entries ever, without exaggeration (for my taste of course, I understand that it's not a song for everyone)

THANK YOU NORWAY, YOU MADE MY EUROVISON SEASON xheart

I'll be voting for you in May

Fluke

Okay so.... obviously a very brave choice. They're clearly not going the "Swedish route" here.

I'm thinking this is really true to what it attempts to be, whatever that is. It doesn't feel commercial and toned-down, it's a ethnic gutsiness that we don't really see much of in Eurovision anymore, and certainly not from a Nordic country. It actually reminds me a bit of Iceland's "Mundu eftir mer", but that was more international pop, and unfortunately changed to English. I guess they won't do that with this one!

There's no real melody to remember, and what there is would be hard for most to sing anyway. There's this recurring four-note theme in the "chorus", but the timing and timbre of it is so odd, few would even try. It's more about the overall mood, and i think they succeed at what they're aiming for. The song is so unconventionally structured, regular ESC rules doesn't apply here.

The staging is really dark and jumpy, i especially don't like that you can hardly see the other band members, other than as silhouettes at the edge of the screen. You can hardly see the lead singer either, everything's too dark and the light beams and video overlays kinda hide it. Hopefully they'll come up with something that brings the mood they want while bringing more of their live presence.

I would have made the nyckelharpa more audible and the end of the song even noisier, it's got a kind of noisy punk jam feeling that you very seldom hear in ESC - Georgia's "Midnight Gold" was kind of similar in one part, and done right i think it can really connect with the audience and make top 10. If Konstrakta could, and Blind Channel...

With this, Bambie Thug and possibly Smash Into Pieces for Sweden, it's gonna be a noisy ESC for sure!

• Like It
Reactions: Neo
Top Bottom